The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terry is misunderstood

+12
slyadams
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Stella
GG
ronin47
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Crimey
super_realist
Gregers
bretmeharty
John Cregan
GSC
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Terry is misunderstood Empty Terry is misunderstood

Post by GSC Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 14:56

He's alleged to have called Anton Ferdinand a black ****.

Has anyone considered Terry was wearing black that day? Seems more likely he was addressing himself.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Terry is misunderstood Empty Re: Terry is misunderstood

Post by John Cregan Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:05

I have no axe to grind with either player or club, but what a a ridiculous waste of taxpayers money this trial is..................Ferdinand insulted Terry, Terry insulted him back. Is terry a nice guy - no, is he a racist - no.

IMO, Anton Ferdinand is a bit of an embarrassment for allowing it to get this far...................

PC gone mad...............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:10

And yeah, I get Terry shouldn't have said it, but really, worse things get said in the heat of the moment. Imo the 2nd half is the actual bad part, but because he referred to race we get a big trial
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:12

Reading through some of the transcripts, it really sounds like Anton wasn't really that offended. He also stated he'd rather the FA deal with it than criminal courts
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:31

Ferdinand comes out of this really badly i think.............the whole "no shaking hands" fiasco was an embarrassment...............man up Anton!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 18:39

This thread is Chelsea supporters I take it because how you can excuse Terry is beyond me.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 18:46

bretmeharty wrote:This thread is Chelsea supporters I take it because how you can excuse Terry is beyond me.

I'm guessing you're a fan of Ryan Giggs?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 18:51

I'm not excusing Terry, 100% he shouldn't have said it. And I'm not a Chelsea fan, and I don't particularly like Terry.

Personally I don't see the need for a big trial, like Suarez the FA should've just handled it. Sounds like Ferdinand was pushed into it by people close to him.

And if somebody said the same to me I'd find the **** part much more offensive.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 19:00

Gregers wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:This thread is Chelsea supporters I take it because how you can excuse Terry is beyond me.

I'm guessing you're a fan of Ryan Giggs?

Why Ryan Giggs?

Im a big fan of his work but I also frown upon his activities off the pitch Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 19:53

Wrong..............i take every situation on its merits. I happen to think this trial is an embarrassment in the sense that it is being taken at all........................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 21:35

Footballers are an embarrassment more like.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 22:04

super_realist wrote:Footballers are an embarrassment more like.

These two yes...............for the Crown Prosecution Service to get involved in a petty, playground, name calling episode between these 2 is shameful though....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 11:35

The reason it's on a criminal trial has absolutely nothing to do with Anton Ferdinand. A member of the public complained so it's being handled in a criminal court rather than the FA.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 13:47

Crimey wrote:The reason it's on a criminal trial has absolutely nothing to do with Anton Ferdinand. A member of the public complained so it's being handled in a criminal court rather than the FA.

The FA will deal with the issue after the trial. They couldn't pursue anything as this was going to trial and the outcome of the FA's investigations could compromise the criminal case.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ronin47 Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 14:09

Crimey wrote:The reason it's on a criminal trial has absolutely nothing to do with Anton Ferdinand. A member of the public complained so it's being handled in a criminal court rather than the FA.

From what I understand the 1 person who actually made a complaint was an off-duty police officer. No doubt hoping to score some brownie points.

The whole thing is a total waste of the publics money - and the CPS should never have allowed it to go anywhere near a court.

ronin47
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 14:24

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

The FA will deal with the issue after the trial. They couldn't pursue anything as this was going to trial and the outcome of the FA's investigations could compromise the criminal case.

Yeah.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 14:25

ronin47 wrote:

From what I understand the 1 person who actually made a complaint was an off-duty police officer. No doubt hoping to score some brownie points.

The whole thing is a total waste of the publics money - and the CPS should never have allowed it to go anywhere near a court.

ronin47

It doesn't matter who complained, a member of public complained about racial abuse so the law is being enacted. If it happened in a town centre between two random people, the same thing would be happening.

Racism needs to be stamped out of life, and while John Terry probably isn't racist, just stupid, he did racially abuse somebody and so should be punished through the law.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 14:43

compeltely agree crimey OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 15:33

g

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 15:57

Crimey wrote:
ronin47 wrote:

ronin47

It doesn't matter who complained, a member of public complained about racial abuse so the law is being enacted. If it happened in a town centre between two random people, the same thing would be happening.

Racism needs to be stamped out of life, and while John Terry probably isn't racist, just stupid, he did racially abuse somebody and so should be punished through the law.

clap

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 16:17

Crimey wrote:
ronin47 wrote:

ronin47

Stupid thing to say but it was a heat of the moment comment. We've all said things we regret haven't we?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 16:18

Stella wrote:
Crimey wrote:
ronin47 wrote:

ronin47

Stupid thing to say but it was a heat of the moment comment. We've all said things we regret haven't we?

Yes, but the law is the law, and Terry broke it, if it is indeed considered racist (which I think it is.)

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 16:20

The press coverage is farcical

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 16:21

I think it was name calling, myself.

btw

I've got no time for Terry just think that on this occasion, he's being harshly treated.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 16:56

Stella wrote:I think it was name calling, myself.

btw

I've got no time for Terry just think that on this occasion, he's being harshly treated.

It's the law. The media might be treating Terry harshly, but the court case would have happened whether it was John Terry or any other randomer in the street.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 16:59

Crimey wrote:

btw

It's the law. The media might be treating Terry harshly, but the court case would have happened whether it was John Terry or any other randomer in the street.

Kicking someone in the street is against the law but do it on the Football field then it's ok. Different rules and laws.

A load of old balls IMO. I detest racism but was this racism? I don't think it was.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 17:15

Stella wrote:
Crimey wrote:

btw

Kicking someone in the street is against the law but do it on the Football field then it's ok. Different rules and laws.

A load of old balls IMO. I detest racism but was this racism? I don't think it was.

Racism is breaking the rules in both. It was racial abuse. It doesn't necessarily mean Terry is racist. Whether he said it in the heat of the moment is irrelevant, he racially abused him in the moment.

The use of "black c**t" is racially abusive, while the "c**t" part of the statement is more offensive, the use of "black" was unnecessary unless he was using it in a racist manner.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slyadams Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 12:48

The lack of knowledge of the matter on this thread is shocking. I'm no Terry fan, indeed I'm a United man and I hate the man with a passion rivalled only by the heat of the sun.

However, his defense is, and has always been he used the term in a reply denying he said it. For example:

Anton: You called me a black c*nt!
Terry: I didn't call you a black c*nt!

There is nothing whatsoever racist in that second statement.

slyadams

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 12:55

Typically PC that calling someone a **** is fine whileadding a colour in front makes it a criminal offense
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 13:46

slyadams wrote:The lack of knowledge of the matter on this thread is shocking. I'm no Terry fan, indeed I'm a United man and I hate the man with a passion rivalled only by the heat of the sun.

However, his defense is, and has always been he used the term in a reply denying he said it. For example:

Anton: You called me a black c*nt!
Terry: I didn't call you a black c*nt!

There is nothing whatsoever racist in that second statement.

Indeed. If that's against the law then I give up. As it turns out, it isn't Very Happy
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 14:03

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Typically PC that calling someone a **** is fine whileadding a colour in front makes it a criminal offense

clap you get it

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 14:13

I think everybody's who taken the stand has said the trial shouldn't have happenned Rolling Eyes
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 14:16

So its ok to call some a black Kumquat?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 14:18

Only 1 way to find out!
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 14:35

It's the wrong thing to say but even if he had called him it, you can excuse it to a certain extent due to things being said 'in the heat of the moment'.

Should it be against the law? Not in that context.

If I or JT were to walk up to a man in the street and say fu.. off you bl..k .... for no apparent reason then that is totally different.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 14:44

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Only 1 way to find out!

Laugh that could be his excuse, he didn't have his sewer filter on!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 21:04

Crimey wrote:
ronin47 wrote:

ronin47

clap

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 21:08

Terry Misunderstood?

Bob was a visionary
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-rim&v=Ske14K30TYY

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 22:11

So you can racially abuse someone but not be a racist?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 2:00

I'd say there is a difference in making a racist comment and actually being racist yes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 11:40

super_realist wrote:So you can racially abuse someone but not be a racist?

Of course you can.

In the same way that you can make a homophobic comment without actually being homophobic.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 12:36

But, if you abuse someone racially, you are charged with racism and branded a racist.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 12:37

super_realist wrote:But, if you abuse someone racially, you are charged with racism and branded a racist.

By some, who would be wrong.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 12:43

Crimey wrote:
super_realist wrote:So you can racially abuse someone but not be a racist?

Of course you can.

In the same way that you can make a homophobic comment without actually being homophobic.

You can make a homophobic/racist comment without being homophobic or racist - but you're probably either ignorant, a tosspot, or playing up for a reaction (i.e. a stand-up comedian). John Terry is probably both of the former things (don't know how good his stand-up is) - I don't believe he's a racist though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 12:51

super_realist wrote:But, if you abuse someone racially, you are charged with racism and branded a racist.

Not true at all. In fact in the Suarez-case, although that wasn't a court case but an FA one, the FA and Patrice Evra made it very clear that while Suarez was being punished for racial abuse, he was not a racist.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 12:54

I'm sure it won't be long before Terry pipes up "Some of my best friends are black, of course I wasn't talking about you, you're alright, I'm talking about the rest"
Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 16:38

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hahaha what a dumb Muppet

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9395243/John-Terry-racism-trial-Chelsea-captain-only-too-pleased-to-follow-orders-in-courtroom-gaff.html

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 16:47

Ron Atkinson made a terrible Racist comment back in 2004, it killed his career yet he did more for Black players than anyone else in the UK in the 70s and 80s, hardly the actions of a racist man

So I'd say you can definitely make a racist comment without being Racist

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 16:56

Terry gets his butt licked by too many for his career to go the same way as Big Ron's tho.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 Jul 2012 - 17:11

The death of big Ron's career wasn't really the point I was trying to make to be fair

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next