The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 3 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul - 23:10

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sun 12 Aug - 2:18; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Fri 20 Jul - 1:52

Crimey wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:I thought Rogers signed something saying he couldn't take any Swansea players for 1 season?

Reportedly the rule is that Rodgers can't bid for anybody in the Swansea side, until another team does. So, say Fulham bid for Joe Allen, it means Liverpool can bid for him as well.

Wow, what a weird rule. I've never heard anything like that before.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Crimey Fri 20 Jul - 2:00

The Special Juan wrote:
Crimey wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:I thought Rogers signed something saying he couldn't take any Swansea players for 1 season?

Reportedly the rule is that Rodgers can't bid for anybody in the Swansea side, until another team does. So, say Fulham bid for Joe Allen, it means Liverpool can bid for him as well.

Wow, what a weird rule. I've never heard anything like that before.

I think the bid has to be accepted for Liverpool to be allowed to bid though. It's the idea that if Swansea are going to sell them anyway, it's not a problem that Rodgers is going for the old players as he isn't stealing them.

I imagine it's like that most of the time, we just don't hear about it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 20 Jul - 7:16

Junior Hoilett to QPR
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul - 20:55

Arsenal confirm they have received three bids for van persie

I know I sound pessimistic but I don't think we (united) have a hope of signing him when Juve and City are willing to offer him more money and he will have just as much chance of winning a trophy at either one than at Old Trafford

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul - 20:56

Arsenal confirm they have received three bids for van persie

I know I sound pessimistic but I don't think we (united) have a hope of signing him when Juve and City are willing to offer him more money and he will have just as much chance of winning a trophy at either one than at Old Trafford

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 20 Jul - 21:54

i doubt juve can out bid us, but city on the otherhand.......

said all along that i thought he be going city

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul - 21:57

- - - - - - - - - - - -CISSE - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HOILETT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - WRIGHT-PHILLIPS

- - - -TAARABT - -DIAKITE - -JI-SUNG-PARK- - - - - - -

TRAORE - - -NELSEN- - -FERDINAND - - -YOUNG- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - GREEN - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's everyone's thoughts on the Mark Hughes project at QPR and the signings he's made? I still worry about them defensively but there's definitely a threat going forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 20 Jul - 22:14

Getting really fed up with Sao Paulo over Lucas. They want £35m for him. I'd rather we spent it on Modric. At least we're getting someone who can play in the Premiership. To be fair, I've never seen Lucas play so he could be god for all I know.

What's interesting is that there's a lot of Brazilian talent apparently heading to England in Oscar, Lucas and possibly Ganso. I think Lucas is a huge risk for Man Utd and if they do get him, I hope it pays off as we don't have £35m to lose.

Aside from Taarabt and Hoilett QPR are a team of journeymen and rejects. Massive defensive frailties and unless they improve they'll go down.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 20 Jul - 22:19

And apparently Man City, Man Utd and Juve fans don't want RVP. Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 20 Jul - 22:24

wright phillips shouldnt be anywhere near the squad, mackie was a better winger than him last season. think that shows how much swp has dropped, yeah very poor defensively which for a smaller team is worrying. any team will struggle to stay up if there defence is poor

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 20 Jul - 22:44

cant understand why there ruling out our bid for rvp, its not like were rivals. if it were newcastle, spurs, liverpool i would understand.

if only arsenal had been so moral when they have sold half there squad to city to make arsenal title challenge null and void

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 20 Jul - 22:59

I agree with Juan if we have 35m to spend on a player it would be Modric/Mouthino rather than a very promising, but, risky buy for Lucas. He wouldn't fit into our system for a start.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 20 Jul - 23:03

the problem with brazilans for me is they can become lazy and complacent, certainly the ones at united have never progressed at all. think once they make it big they think they achieved they no longer have the hunger, unlike the argentina players who work thier arses off with talent. not just united players this though, even greats like ronaldo and ronaldino trailed off at ends of career because of lack of commitment to training

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 20 Jul - 23:05

United are apparently considering a 20m bid of Sahin

his not a bad payer and could really improve under sir alex

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 20 Jul - 23:12

Now Sahin would be a good buy. Unlucky with injuries at Madrid but he is a very good player, and a DM which is exactly what we need.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 21 Jul - 0:07

TheBrahmaBull wrote:United are apparently considering a 20m bid of Sahin

his not a bad payer and could really improve under sir alex

Interesting. I have never understood the buy from Real Madrid. He was class at Dortmund and has done nothing but warm the bench for the likes of Di Maria in Spain.

Have not heard this rumour yet but will check it out.

As a Stoke Fan, i sometimes wish we had money to buy players of this calibre! Sad

Roll on Michael Owen!! Very Happy

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 21 Jul - 0:08

his not played due to being injured and yeah he was class at Dortmund. would be a good buy as he has played with Kagawa as well and fits in to the team as well.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 1:55

Sahins decent but nothing special
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul - 1:58

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Sahins decent but nothing special

I think you also stated that Ibrahimovic has done nothing special or has never impressed you, something along those lines. I'd advise you think about watching more than just the English Premier League.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 2:10

What's Sahin like? I've not seen him play for any real length of time.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul - 2:28

I don't think alot of people have ever seen him play. I saw him at Dortmund in a couple of games and he was sensational. Fantastic passing and great vision, technically very good. He was Bundesliga player of the year before he joined Real Madrid and then unfortunately injuries struck. The problem is, I don't think he's a great tackler, he's a holding midfielder but not the type manchester united need. He likes to be creative and expressive, like Xabi Alonso, therefore I can't see United going for him because United need a more defensive minded player who can break up the play, someone like Tiote.

- - - - - - - - - -HERNANDEZ- - - ROONEY- - - - - - - -

YOUNG - - - - - - - - - - - KAGAWA - - - - -- - - - -VALENCIA

- - - - - - - -SAHIN - - - -SCHOLES- - - -CARRICK - - - - - -

United need a genuine tackler in the middle. I keep hearing about Strootman but Anderson or Cleverley are not this type of player either. United in my opinin don't need Lucas Moura but need this holding midfielder and new full backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 2:56

John wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Sahins decent but nothing special

I think you also stated that Ibrahimovic has done nothing special or has never impressed you, something along those lines. I'd advise you think about watching more than just the English Premier League.

Maybe you should start watching the EPL then, given every England player ever has done nothing special or impressed you.

Believe it or not, people can have differing opinions, and just because I haven't been impressed in person, does not mean they're good. Everytime I watched Gomez last season he was awful, but he still had a great season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 3:44

SAF confirms Utd made RVP bid
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 4:00

GB England and Wales v Brazil tonight. Possibly a chance to see Neymar, Ganso, Oscar and Lucas.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 4:24

Ipswich open contract talks with Emile Heskey
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 21 Jul - 4:39

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Ipswich open contract talks with Emile Heskey

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 4:42

Olly wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Ipswich open contract talks with Emile Heskey

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

+1
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 4:43

I thought for sure he'd end up at Leicester. Still, as long as it ain't Forest.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul - 8:07

Must admit I was impressed with Lucas Moura's cameo show in the last 20 minutes tonight for Brazil, looks a great talent but I can't see United buying him if they've put offer in for RVP.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 8:48

35m is an obscene price for a teenager.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 8:48

And a 20 minute cameo, against league 2 standard players Wink
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 8:57

Spurs have interest in Rondon, a United target

they also wont go beyond 14m for Lloris

Santa Cruz wants to play under Mark Hughes at QPR again
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 9:35

Personal terms agreed with Lloris
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul - 20:53

I'm sorry but I don't understand that deal. Replacing Friedel for Lloris for around £15m seems ridiculous for Tottenham. Changing your already capable goalkeeper is pointless for that amount of money if your outfield players are not good enough to challenge for the top 4. There are other areas Spurs need improving, I mean is Lloris that good to transform your side into a top 4.......no!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 20:55

Friedel is 41

Lloris is 25
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 21:03

Southampton would have interest in resigning Walcott
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul - 21:04

and what's your point? Friedel has performed brilliantly for Spurs and even at 41 still is arguably better than most GK's in the premier league. Why spend £15m on an area of the pitch which won't have a huge effect upon improving the team and achieving a top 4 place. Spurs need a striker and a replacement for Modric. If you've seen anything of Lloris you will know he will struggle to adapt to the physical nature of the Premier League like De Gea, he's appaling at dealing with crosses.

I think alot of Spurs fans will be agreeing with my point

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 21:07

Because sooner or later he'll hang it up. Yes you have to keep improving, but part of that is not allowing your team to get too old. Only focussing on your weaknesses is a narrow minded way to build.

And Adebayor is haggling over personal terms, Moutinho likely to follow once money available from Modric sale.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 21 Jul - 21:22

Lloris is a better GK than Freidel in my opinion anyway. At 41 Friedel has probably one year left in him. Build towards the future, and Lloris has the potential to be one of the world's best GK's
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 21:46

Wigan agree 5.5m fee for Ivan Ramis

Villa leading race for Lukaku on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 21:50

No love for Mandanda? He's hard. Only seen him once though.

Man City haven't started yet. I wonder who they're after.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 21:53

RVP. Trying to offload Tevez and Dzeko among others before they make moves.

Newcastle want Alarcon on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 22:17

Juve are trying to pair RVP with Suarez. Interesting. Balotelli isn't leaving though so that's a surprise. He's a real liability so I'd be rid of him pronto.

I'm not understanding the fuss about Victor Moses. I've not seen him do anything special so how is he "worth" £10m?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 22:22

Another bad performance from Hulk last night.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 21 Jul - 22:35

John wrote:and what's your point? Friedel has performed brilliantly for Spurs and even at 41 still is arguably better than most GK's in the premier league. Why spend £15m on an area of the pitch which won't have a huge effect upon improving the team and achieving a top 4 place. Spurs need a striker and a replacement for Modric. If you've seen anything of Lloris you will know he will struggle to adapt to the physical nature of the Premier League like De Gea, he's appaling at dealing with crosses.

I think alot of Spurs fans will be agreeing with my point

Maybe, just maybe Tottenham are thinking long-term rather than just focusing on the next two or so years.

£15 million will pay for a goalkeeper who could possibly play at the top level for the next 10-15 years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 21 Jul - 23:28

Swansea vs Roma for Kjaer on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 21 Jul - 23:41

Only 1 winner there.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 22 Jul - 0:18

I wouldnt rule out the impact of his countryman as manager
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul - 0:46

Plus one good season at Swansea puts you on the radar of every top club in the PL, just look at Sigurdsson now at Liverpool. I believe Kjaer would rather start a career in the Premier League than the Serie A.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 22 Jul - 0:51

Also far more likely to stand out there than Roma
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next