The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 2 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm not putting Borini in the table. He's played in the PL before (I think) so isn't a new player coming into the league. I'll put him in the bit below.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Ent Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Be amazed if united lined up as suggested overleaf- it is likely to be the same as last season with Rooney and welbeck first choice and kagawa off Rooney for the big away/cl games were we go 451.

Honestly I am in a panic about next season, on paper the squad looks awful.

Fingers crossed for a centre mid.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Ent wrote:Be amazed if united lined up as suggested overleaf- it is likely to be the same as last season with Rooney and welbeck first choice and kagawa off Rooney for the big away/cl games were we go 451.

Our squad doesn't look awful but I still think we need a top class cm, cdm, rb and lb. Where the money will come from I don't know. We still have quality and with Kagawa and Powell signing we have two young players with a bright future.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Norwich have made a bid for Robert Snodgrass according to Sky Sports News (and the EDP and Pink Un but you guys don't know what they are)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm

martyr wrote:
Ent wrote:Be amazed if united lined up as suggested overleaf- it is likely to be the same as last season with Rooney and welbeck first choice and kagawa off Rooney for the big away/cl games were we go 451.

Our squad doesn't look awful but I still think we need a top class cm, cdm, rb and lb. Where the money will come from I don't know. We still have quality and with Kagawa and Powell signing we have two young players with a bright future.

Think you've said it all, we arguably need 4 new starting 11 players to challenge for trophies, this is not a good united squad:

Still question marks over the keeper (despite good second half of season).

No first choice rb, lb on slide no back up for either. Depth at centre half.

2 players pushing 40 in centre mid, good wingers.

Rooney and 2 good back ups.

Really we have arguably 2 genuine world class players in Rooney and vidic, with Rooney one of a handful of squad members at a good age.

As for Powell and kagawa, powells a league 2 player - anything out of him would be a bonus.

Kagawa, fingers crossed but I don't think we will play him in a system that suits him best.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Ent wrote:
martyr wrote:

Think you've said it all, we arguably need 4 new starting 11 players to challenge for trophies, this is not a good united squad:

Still question marks over the keeper (despite good second half of season).

No first choice rb, lb on slide no back up for either. Depth at centre half.

2 players pushing 40 in centre mid, good wingers.

Rooney and 2 good back ups.

Really we have arguably 2 genuine world class players in Rooney and vidic, with Rooney one of a handful of squad members at a good age.

As for Powell and kagawa, powells a league 2 player - anything out of him would be a bonus.

Kagawa, fingers crossed but I don't think we will play him in a system that suits him best.

I think Kagawa has been brought in to play everywhere basically. Powell is only 18, looks a good talent. The fact that SAF reckons we only need a couple more players is slightly worrying to say the least.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

That will probably be kagawas downfall, why buy him when we actually have good players in the positions he plays in, are lacking in other areas and have limited finances.

Play him wide and you leave out 2 of Valencia young and nani. Play him off Rooney and welbeck and Hernandez miss out, plus Rooney isn't as good as a lead the line striker.

The signing actually baffles me, hope he is amazing but I won't hold my breath.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm sure Fergie didn't buy him for the sake of it. It'll all work out.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 pm

oscar on the way to chelsea, another 25 million for yet another attacking midfileder

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 pm

No Hulk yet?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh I heard/read that Chelsea only got £50m for winning the CL so how are they getting by the Fair Play rules?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Oh I heard/read that Chelsea only got £50m for winning the CL so how are they getting by the Fair Play rules?

they have 3/4 years to get there books in order, think this is thier last spend beforer they have to cut back. there will probably be a new big sponser coming in from some russian oil firm Whistle but do wonder how they expect to survive while still at stamford bridge

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I'm sure Fergie didn't buy him for the sake of it. It'll all work out.

Marketing and he was available relatively on the cheap - cynical view.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:18 am

Why dont you just put all Prem signings on the table?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am

Because he's probably one of those numptys that doesn't class anyone outside of the top 4 as big clubs.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:41 am

Because the table is for the big signings and after the transfer window I'll be making a new topic Rolling Eyes

"Because he's probably one of those numptys that doesn't class anyone outside of the top 4 as big clubs."

1) Please don't call me a "numpty". I find it utterly disrespectful.
2) Who are the big 4 clubs?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:01 pm

You had Kevin de Bruyne as a "Big Signing" at one point.

I think you should just include all of them.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Aswad Thomas Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Because he's probably one of those numptys that doesn't class anyone outside of the top 4 as big clubs.

You refer to numpty as a collective therefore it would be numpties not numptys

Numpty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Laugh

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Well you can't include every singing can you otherwise the list would be right down the page and would take a long time each day to fill in, some people obviously still work despite the coalitions best efforts.

I think any 'Big names' or players signed for over 10m should be included. Other meaningful signings, like the Sigurdsson transfer for Spurs, should be put underneath like you have done. Keep up the good work.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:14 pm

martyr wrote:The fact that SAF reckons we only need a couple more players is slightly worrying to say the least.

God knows with what money though. Retain our spot as the richest club in the world in Forbes richlist yet can't compete in the transfer window. I hate the Glazers so much, wish they'd just stick to running Tampa into the ground without taking us with them. I dont think United will sign anybody else this summer and I don't think there's much money to do so if they wanted to.

United are one of a few clubs who COULD have spent pretty much whatever they wanted in the transfer windows without having oil money backing them and still meet fair play rules, but now with the debt we get blown out of the water by clubs who are just looking to signing players for huge amounts and obscene wages

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

gazzyD wrote:
martyr wrote:The fact that SAF reckons we only need a couple more players is slightly worrying to say the least.

God knows with what money though. Retain our spot as the richest club in the world in Forbes richlist yet can't compete in the transfer window. I hate the Glazers so much, wish they'd just stick to running Tampa into the ground without taking us with them. I dont think United will sign anybody else this summer and I don't think there's much money to do so if they wanted to.

United are one of a few clubs who COULD have spent pretty much whatever they wanted in the transfer windows without having oil money backing them and still meet fair play rules, but now with the debt we get blown out of the water by clubs who are just looking to signing players for huge amounts and obscene wages

The worst thing that ever happened to Utd, pretty much debt free and then the Glazers come along. 'Can we buy your club' 'Sure' 'Ok great, we just need to borrow a load of money off you and then the debt will be loaded onto you, sounds good' 'Sounds great'.

Like you said, I genuinely don't believe we have the money to buy what we need. Moutihno would cost near 25m, Strootman/De Rossi near enough 18-20m, new RB from somehwere but don't know where, was hoping for Clyne who looks the real deal and cheap yet we've missed a trick there and how he's off to Southampton. Everton want 15m for Baines. So if we managed to get all those players plus Kagawa then we would have had to spend almost 60-70m. We haven't got it because those stupid yanks are running the club into the ground with the crippling debts. They still don't know where the money came from to pay off the 200m of debt a couple of months. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

They probably said to SAF to go sell before he could buy. So that's 2m for Park, 5m if we're lucky for Berba, couple of bob for Gibson in Jan and Owen off our books which would help the wage. So we're looking at, ooohhh umm a massive 10m maybe. I would let Anderson go personally and hope for something like 15m due to his age but with his injury record and inconsistent performances we'd be lucky to get 10m.

Fact is we really do need another 4/5 players but its not going to happen. I hope we can challenge for the league and hope we can make it to the 1/4 of the champions league.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

i agree that i dont like the glaziers but thier debt doesnt effect us in the finacal fair play rules, its thier debt not ours so shouldnt effect our spending. just think fergie is too stuborn sometimes. to play for a great club like us simply doesnt have the same pull as bigger wages to professional footballers these days

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

I think Fergie enjoys proving people wrong, by winning with the squad he has now. He's seen big name players like Ronaldo, Tevez and nearly Rooney screw him over in recent years by turning their backs on him, so I think he enjoys using lower-key players who actually want to play for United. The problem is, while he can compete in the league with the squad he has now, United are going to continue to fall behind in Europe without some more investment.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 am

Crimey wrote:The problem is, while he can compete in the league with the squad he has now, United are going to continue to fall behind in Europe without some more investment.

Exactly. Ferguson has admitted already the Premier League is the main priority this season. He's going to have Kagawa & Powell joining the squad and the return of Vidic is like a new signing. De Gea is a year further down the line and has more experience of this league. You've got to remember this appaling United squad only lost the title on goal difference to Man City, that's why Fergie is resisting the temptation in buying the players United desperately need in areas such as left/right backs and a dominant centre midfielder. United will struggle in europe again but they would have learnt alot from the Basel fixtures last year and I would still expect United to at least reach a QF this year in Champs Lge.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

It is a pretty dire squad on paper compared to previous years and other teams now but the team spirit counts for a lot, in the league at least. I'd rather have a team of lesser players that get on well and work hard for each other than a bunch of overpaid egos like at (Chelsea), Man City and probably PSG.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

The Special Juan wrote:It is a pretty dire squad on paper compared to previous years and other teams now but the team spirit counts for a lot, in the league at least. I'd rather have a team of lesser players that get on well and work hard for each other than a bunch of overpaid egos like at (Chelsea), Man City and probably PSG.

You mean the squads that won the champions league, first ever premiership and finished 2nd in their league?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 pm

who cares! back to transfers.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Amen ^^

Ibihimovic is undergoing a medical at PSG. Anyone know how they are getting around the fair play rules?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Ibihimovic has completed his move to PSG.

Thiago Silva - £33m
Ezequiel Lavezzi - £24m
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - about £20m

That's about £74m on 3 players. And I bet they are only just getting started.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Is this true or not? Platini's son has something to do with PSG in Qatar.

"As has another ambitious Frenchman. He is 33, a lawyer and his name is Laurent Platini. Michel’s son has landed a job with Qatari Sports Investments, who sponsor Barcelona’s shirts and have a majority interest in Paris Saint-Germain. It is presumed PSG will come under scrutiny when UEFA’s financial fair play regulations bite as it would be hard to self-finance the lavish investment of the new Qatari owners on average gates of 28,856 (marginally bigger than Stoke City, not quite as big as West Ham United). Still, maybe Laurent can give them a hand. He might even know a chap who could put a word in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2114639/How-CAN-Roman-Abramovich-replace-Frank-Lampard-Chelsea-Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz20z64ewm3"
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 pm

The deal makes Ibrahimovic the second best paid player in the world behind Samuel Eto'o.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 pm

And the player who's had the highest ever combined transfer fees (£140m or something?)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 am

The Special Juan wrote:And the player who's had the highest ever combined transfer fees (£140m or something?)

I know crazy, never set the world alight and overrated imo.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:04 am

Even here in Italy people are starting to change their opinion of him. Two years ago nobody would agree with my opinion that he was overrated - whereas now many italians are starting to think it. Although this must be taken with a pinch of salt seen as he has just left.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 am

look the guy is a genuine world class player, alot of people especially from england judge him on his poor showing in previous champs lge games or the fact that they think he's arrogant and therefore dislike him. His talent in undoubted, the guy has won league titles and contributed heavily in all of them in an array of different leagues throughout europe. He's won a league title in every year since 2004 and following this move he will probably add to that with the ligue 1 title next season......phenomenal.

£149m or somewhere in that region over a career is a clear indication of the talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:38 am

Not to be pedantic but he didn't win this year and juve were stripped of a few titles I believe.

He'd probably have had higher fees if inter hadnt got him on the cheap when juve were relegated.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 am

He divides opinion. My own of him is that when everything suits him and the conditions are right he's unplayable but when things are a bit off he doesn't really turn up. 56 goals in 85 games for Milan is phenomenal. Maybe he's just really suited to Serie A? Would be interesting if he had ended up in the Premiership.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Michu and Miku to Swansea city and possibly Joe Allen to Liverpool.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I thought Rogers signed something saying he couldn't take any Swansea players for 1 season?

I've heard about Michu too; I've never seen him but he scored 15 league goals last season which is good for an AM.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

"Chelsea are expected to complete a deal for Internacional and Brazil playmaker Oscar in the next 48 hours after agreeing a £25m fee for the 20-year-old. Dubbed "the new Kaka", Oscar underwent a medical in London on Wednesday and will complete his move to Chelsea before joining up with the Brazil Olympic squad."

Now really, they, like PSG, must be flouting the Fair Play rules.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:58 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I thought Rogers signed something saying he couldn't take any Swansea players for 1 season?

Reportedly the rule is that Rodgers can't bid for anybody in the Swansea side, until another team does. So, say Fulham bid for Joe Allen, it means Liverpool can bid for him as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Never seen Ibra do anything.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:PSG putting together a move for AC Milan's Ibra and Thiago

*cough*
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:43 pm

We all know that a football managers word is worth as much as a football players contract...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:Even here in Italy people are starting to change their opinion of him. Two years ago nobody would agree with my opinion that he was overrated - whereas now many italians are starting to think it. Although this must be taken with a pinch of salt seen as he has just left.

Didnt he score 33 goals for Milan last season?

Wonder why they let him go aftwr purchasing him for 24 million only a year ago.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Never seen Ibra do anything.

Not see his famous backheel winner against Italy? or his amazing volley against France only a few weeks ago?

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I mean live, yes I've seen the highlights. But you could put together a compilation that makes Heskey look deadly. Ibra is one who doesn't seem to enjoy the big stage
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm

And they let him go because they want Tevez
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next