The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if...

+13
Dominic Dicoco
J.Benson II
WelshDevilRob
compelling and rich
coxy0001
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Eric Da Cat
88Chris05
bellchees
Scottrf
Rowley
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
17 posters

Go down

Would David Jump up In Your Estimation Massively If He Took Down Wlad In 1?

David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Vote_lcap88%David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 30 ]
David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Vote_lcap0%David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Vote_lcap12%David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Empty David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if...

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:44 am

So what if David Haye took out Wlad in 1? How much would he jump up in your estimation on how good you think he is a HW Boxer, and why?

I already have quite a high opinion on him - any dude that's had 20+ fights a 2 weight champ and has around about a 90% win to knockout ratio is good in book, but others don't see it that way.

Some of you take it as he's pretty much one of the best around that there is of the big guys, but there isn't many good big guys around so it's not much to shout about.

A lot of people I can see saying after well it was obvious that Haye was gonna take him out they guy doesn't have a chin... And therefore not gain the credit he deserves imo!

How do you see it?

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Empty Re: David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if...

Post by manos de piedra Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

It would be impossible for him not to jump up in estimation if he blasted Wlad out in 1 round.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if... Empty Re: David Haye versus Wladimir Klitschko - What if...

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:52 am

Ultimately whatever one thinks of Wlad and personally think I view him a little kinder than many on here the fact remains he is unbeaten for quite some time and is not really showing too many signs of slowing down or being past it yet so Haye would be posting a one round blow out of an established and relatively dominant champion. As Manos says would be hard not to give Haye masive credit were he to do this, particularly for someone like myself who fancies Wlad to win this one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:53 am

I think he'd go down in my estimation if he knocked out the dominant Heavyweight champion in one round.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:02 am

Strange as it would seem, Haye would go down in my estimation as I'm really looking forward to him giving Wlad fit for three or four rounds before picking up the pace and taking him to the cleaners by halfway.

A one round blow out would be incredible but I really want to see Wlad's face and the look that says, "Damn, this guy's better than I thought, I can't get near him and every time I try to throw a jab, he counters with that overhand right. That's it, I'm tucking up and hoping for the best, I don't care if my performance makes Audley Harrison look like Joe Frazier, I'm scared....ouch!"

....or something!

However, in all seriousness it's easy to make a good case for either fighter winning this one. They both have strengths and weaknesses which, on paper make this a very intriguing fight. Someone needs to make their point early in the fight and I think that will set the pattern for the rest of it. Obviously, in an ideal world, Haye bamboozles Wlad with his handspeed, footwork and power and we have the Wlad/Sanders result all over again, but there's every possibility Haye eats the jab for the entire fight and loses widely (don't see it though)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:57 am

DAVE667 wrote:

A one round blow out would be incredible but I really want to see Wlad's face and the look that says, "Damn, this guy's better than I thought, I can't get near him and every time I try to throw a jab, he counters with that overhand right. That's it, I'm tucking up and hoping for the best, I don't care if my performance makes Audley Harrison look like Joe Frazier, I'm scared....ouch!"

that's one heck of a look he must be pulling....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:03 am

He'd get more credit if he were to out box Wlad for a few rounds then knock him out because then no one could put it down to a "lucky punch". Either way he has to go up in anyone estimation, except maybe Wlad's.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:06 am

Of course he'd go up in most estimations. Blitzing the best man in any weight class means that you're a much greater entity afterwards than you were before.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:07 am

He'd be an animal, just like da cat
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

Obvious answer of course he would but the Haye haters and K lovers would find an excuse for it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:04 pm

There are K lovers.... Who loves Wlad's amazingly watchable style...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

If Haye knocked him out in one i wouldn't be impressed. I'd be amazed if he didn't win by RTD instead as i fully expect Wlad to hear the first bell go and peg it out of the ring. Only then will i be truly impressed.

Seriously sunshine, do you possess a brain cell?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:20 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:There are K lovers.... Who loves Wlad's amazingly watchable style...?

think there called sadomasochists, like to stick pins in them and all that. weirdos

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:25 pm

A crushing Ko win is good for any fighter.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:28 pm

some people would still call it a lucky shot

but the fact is with wlads gun shy approach and improved defence, if haye gets any where near his chin let alone knocking him out in one it would be anything but lucky

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:09 pm

A 1st round KO is very unlikely imo. It would only happen if Haye comes out swinging aggressively from the opening bell. This would be a very risky tactic which I'm sure Haye isnt going to attempt. Instead, I can imagine Haye being very cautious in the 1st round and patiently circling the ring, looking for any possible openings.

However, if Haye were to win this fight (big IF), I do reckon he would need to score a KO fairly early in the fight. I can't see Haye being able to out-point Wlad and the longer the fight goes on, the more you'd fancy Wlad to establish his authority. Therefore, Haye's most realistic chance is scoring a knockout within the first 6 rounds.

To answer the question, Haye would certainly go up in my estimination if he wins this fight, regardless of the manner he does it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:38 pm

Yea I think he will have proved what he has said all along if he beats Wlad. Vitali will still be a big fight, but Haye will be up there along side him. Something which he hasnt really proved so far in his career. Wlad will be the biggest win of Haye's carrier by far!

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:51 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:So what if David Haye took out Wlad in 1?

~ Why sir, did you break your new action figure doll out of the box to play with?

What if Mr. Haye soils himself in the prefight instructions? What if his panties hike up over his protector cup?

So many questions, but the poor soft lad got held at a standoff for 3 rounds by Our Oddley who had nothing but feints in his quiver.

Well, doubtless he's King of all he surveys in your sandbox, but out in the real world of lions, tigers, and bears, oh my!
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Apr 2011, 6:53 pm

yeah but not as much he'd go up in his own estimations

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 12 Apr 2011, 6:55 pm

I voted no just because I admire him anyway for taking on the brothers and valuev.

So knocking them out in 1 doesnt make him any braver or better in my books.

I hope he does it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:38 pm

Anyone else heard the news about Haye.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3520067/Boxer-David-Hayes-marriage-on-rocks-after-allegedly-cheating-with-ex-stripper.html

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:45 pm

If it was in that rag I would need to see video evidence before I believed it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down