The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches

4 posters

Go down

Who do you think will leave his bench first?

Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_lcap0%Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_lcap33%Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_lcap67%Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_lcap0%Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Empty Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches

Post by polished_man Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:49 pm

Harsh times looming ahead for Rafa Nadal. After the Blue clay incident, the freaky exit at Wimbledon, and a serious injury occurred while fishing, the enigmatic Spaniard suddenly finds himself challenged in what is probably one of his last undefeated bastion and the very secret behind his invincible strenght: his legendary routines!

A belligeran US Team led by Jim Courier appear very determined to challenge one of the most important of the Nadal's "scaramantichi" rituals: getting off the bench always after his opponent at the changing ends. "I will not let my players leave the bench before Nadal" says Courier in a slightly threatening mode.

So what next? Are we going to see players involved in unnerving psycological struggles, prepared to stay glued to their benches even for several minutes to pursue this objective, with a real risk of being handled multiple penalty points by frustrated umpires, or will anybody, in the end, give up his chair and unwillingly get off the bench first, knowing very well this fact could probably cost him the match?

Last edited by polished_man on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:42 am; edited 3 times in total
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Empty Re: Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:55 pm

Umpire will leave his bench forfeiting the match, his fee and career. thumbsup coz thats the only option he will be left out with.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches Empty Re: Rafa Nadal at the battle of the benches

Post by lags72 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:04 am

There must be a limit (or maybe not .... Rolling Eyes ) to how many ways this can be spun, as already illustrated by 82 contributions prompted by the article that first ran the story around a week or so ago ....
https://www.606v2.com/t32514-nobody-knows-how-to-beat-nadal

The word 'scaramantic' at least adds a new, and mildly intriguing, feature : is it considered part of the English language ...? Headscratch

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:08 am

I am still so looking forward for a constructive article of yours Lags, or should I call you Yummymummy in disguise? Wink
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:43 am

Poll now included thumbsup
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:49 am

Very interesting what would happen if Nadals opponent didnt leave the bench until Nadal did, what I hope is being implemented is the seat-zapper: a nice current of electricity flowing through the veins of the players chair.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

Very good point the electricity JM, but considering where the match is played, I personally have no doubt it would be a one bench traffic, should this be implemented......
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down