The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting - Week 11/12

+4
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
GG
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gregers
8 posters

Go down

Voting - Week 11/12 Empty Voting - Week 11/12

Post by Gregers Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:09 pm

Can anyone who hasnt voted on Week 10 please do ASAP please, furthermore anyone who hasnt got tactics in for this week needs to do so by midnight tonight. Can people please pester those who haven't.

Southern League:

Match 1 - Surrey Lions vs Hampshire Royals - Toss won by Surrey

Match 2 - Middlesex Panthers vs Essex Eagles - Toss won by Middlesex

Match 3 - Sussex Sharks vs Somerset CC - Toss won by Somerset

Northern League:

Week 11

Match 1 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Yorkshire Carnegie - Toss won by Yorkshire

Match 2 - Leicestershire Foxes vs Worcestershire Royals - Toss won by Leicestershire

Match 3 - Durham Dynamos vs Lancashire Lightening - Toss won by Lancashire Lightening

Week 12

Match 1 - Lancashire Lightening vs Nottinghamshire Outlaws - Toss won by Notts

Match 2 - Worcestershire Royals vs Leicestershire Foxes - Toss won by Worcestershire

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Voting - Week 11/12 Empty Re: Voting - Week 11/12

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 21 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

So I have to vote on two sets of games from the northern league right? Will do it when I have time, probably late sunday as have two games of cricket this weekend (hopefully)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 22 Jul 2012, 2:02 pm

Game 1. Surrey get off to a poor start with Dimi striking twice with the new ball. However, none of the other Hants bowlers seem to be able to master the surface as Davies goes wild and hits a spectacular ton, ably supported by Mike Hussey. In reply, Hants get off to a slow start with both Clarke and Adams falling for single figure scores with strike rates below 100. However, these wickets prove a blessing in disguise as Akmal plays a blinder with wickets falling around him. He eventually falls with 26 runs needed from 2 overs and Woakes' 19th over is sublime conceding just 5 runs. Parnell is on strike for the final over and strikes 3 consecutive fours, but Dernbach keeps his cool taking a wickets and two dot balls to see Surrey to victory.

Game 2. The middle win by default.

Game 3. Sussex start well as the top order clicks. They all get starts but a cluster of wickets in the 6th and 7th overs leave Somerset in a decent position. Meschedee is expensive and Kohli, helped by big hitting Russel guide Sussex to a par score. The Sussex bowling starts well, regular wickets coupled with tight bowling means Somerset are always behind the rate. However, Tresco is still there and provides stubborn resistance before going wild against Panesar to put his side in pole position. Mckay bowls a poor 19th over after having been superb early leaving 7 to win off the last over which Trescothick completes with ease.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:02 pm

Come on lads!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

Sorry Gregers slipped my mind!!

I will do it quickly for ya!

Week 11 Northern League
Notts
Worcester
Lancashire

Week 12 Northern League
Notts
Worcester
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:54 pm

Week 11

Match 1 - Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Yorkshire Carnegie - Toss won by Yorkshire
Notts post a decent score batting first, but with a slippery ball their spinners are unable to contain Sharma and Dhoni. Win to Yorks.

Match 2 - Leicestershire Foxes vs Worcestershire Royals - Toss won by Leicestershire
A high scoring game that comes down to the last ball, Raina hits a boundary to bring up the win for Leics

Match 3 - Durham Dynamos vs Lancashire Lightening - Toss won by Lancashire Lightening
No tactics in for either, so I'm voting for an epic tie.

Week 12

Match 1 - Lancashire Lightening vs Nottinghamshire Outlaws - Toss won by Notts
Notts by default

Match 2 - Worcestershire Royals vs Leicestershire Foxes - Toss won by Worcestershire

Worcs' seam attack has the opening salvo, and they put Leics under severe pressure throughout. A low total is easily knocked off, win to Works
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

Nottinghamshire Outlaws v Yorkshire Carnegie

In good early conditions Bresnan forces an odd shot from Warner who is caught square leg, and Shahzad traps Lumb lbw. AB is in ominous form from ball one, but Hales gets stuck before chopping on off Samuels, whilst Mahmood outfoxes Taylor. The two South Africans play Warne superbly, but Notts are pegged back by the losses at the death of de Villiers (for a brilliant 90), Patel and Broad in the search for quick runs. 173-7 is the final score.

Malinga wins his first over battle with Sehwag, but Cummins has a poor day and Denly and Rohit put Yorkshire in the box seat after six overs. Swann removes Denly, but the wet ball means that he and more particularly Patel struggle for control. On the return of Broad Rohit is dismissed, bringing Dhoni in for the last few. Malinga is dynamite at the death, leaving Yorks still needing 9 from the last over, and 3 from the last ball. But Dhoni is on strike and plays a brilliant helicopter shot for six.

Man of the Match: AB de Villiers
Yorkshire Carnegie win by six wickets

Leicestershire Foxes v Worcestershire Royals

Nannes going the distance in the first over sets the grim tone for Leics. Hafeez falls early to Dilshan, but KP goes ballistic and the in-form Amla demonstrates how runs can be scored quickly in T20 without big-hitting. On a small ground Ajmal proves the only real threat, and is expertly seen off by Amla early on before coming back at the death and being whacked by KP. KP makes 140 and Amla 80* in a total of 236-1.

Chasing such a big total is always tough, but Sangakkara and Dilshan make a good effort early on. The pressure then tells against the spinners though as Hafeez, Rafiq and Junaid take 7 wickets between them as Leics play some suicidal shots. In the end they are bowled out for 136.

Man of the Match: Kevin Pietersen
Worcestershire Royals win by 100 runs

Durham Dynamos v Lancashire Lightning

Rained off! One point each.

Lancashire Lightning v Nottinghamshire Outlaws

Notts by default

Worcestershire Royals v Leicestershire Foxes

[I am using Sainty's Week 11 tactics] A different type of pitch this time and Worcs bowl first. Lee makes the key breakthroughs of Dilshan and Sangakkara, but Richardson doesn't play much T20 and bowls the wrong length. O'Brien and Raina club him about a bit. The return of Meaker sees O'Brien hole out, before Trego gets worked over by Shakib before eventually being stumped by young Ben Cox. The score never really recovers and Leics make a barely respectable 112-9.

Nannes finds something on this pitch and induces a knick from KP. But the rest of the batting line-up is pure class and Tharanga and Amla get Worcs within 15, before Bell finishes things off.

Man of the Match: Brett Lee
Worcestershire Royals win by 8 wickets

EDIT: Gregers, should I review my vote for the last match? I see that Sainty has now posted specific Week 12 tactics... don't know if they would make any difference to the result

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:28 pm

You can if you wish Shelsey

COME ON PEOPLE. VOTES DUE BY MIDNIGHT TOMORROW!

Week 11
Yorks
Worcs
Lancs

Week 12
Notts
Leics

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:44 pm

Surrey
Middlesex
Sussex

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:58 pm

Sorry Gregers bit pre occupied by a University retrieval I have to do. Hence the simple results

Nottinghamshire Outlaws vs Yorkshire Carnegie - Toss won by Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Leicestershire Foxes vs Worcestershire Royals - Toss won by Leicestershire

Leicestershire

Durham Dynamos vs Lancashire Lightening - Toss won by Lancashire Lightening

Draw

Week 12

Lancashire Lightening vs Nottinghamshire Outlaws - Toss won by Notts

Notts

Worcestershire Royals vs Leicestershire Foxes - Toss won by Worcestershire

Leicestershire

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

Surrey
Middlesex
Somerset

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:32 am

Surrey
Middlesex
Sussex

Sorry for no reasons this week, I'm off to the Olympics so I am in a bit of a rush!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:33 am

JDizzle wrote:Surrey
Middlesex
Sussex

Sorry for no reasons this week, I'm off to the Olympics so I am in a bit of a rush!

Have fun. Are you at the Opening Ceremony?

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:36 am

I am volunteering down there, but unfortunately I don't get the Opening ceremony. I start tomorrow in the Aquatics centre.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:38 am

JDizzle wrote:I am volunteering down there, but unfortunately I don't get the Opening ceremony. I start tomorrow in the Aquatics centre.

Good luck. I considered volunteering but thought better of it, as I thought I'd rather spectate. In the end only got Table Tennis tickets though.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down