The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC

+5
gowales
Duigers
dallym
kiakahaaotearoa
Argie fan
9 posters

Go down

Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC Empty Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC

Post by Argie fan Thu 16 Aug 2012, 10:38 pm

Here is the new Pumas shirt.
Spoiler:

What is your opinion?

I dislike. I prefer the classic.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC Empty Re: Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:39 pm

For all the rest there's Mastercard.

You're right Argie fan, that's pretty rubbish. What is that afterthought of a sun hiding so inconspicuously on the back for? The Pumas emblem is tiny compared to the Visa and Nike logo. I'm surprised Nike allowed Visa so much space.

I wouldn't say it's nearly as bad as some of those awful Wallabies shirts in the recent past but I'd be pretty miffed if I were from Argentina.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC Empty Re: Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC

Post by dallym Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:51 am

Nike stuffed up the French, now they do it with Argentina. Sooner they return to Adidas the better

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Duigers Fri 17 Aug 2012, 8:47 am

That's a nice top... don't know what the fuss is about...

Duigers

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 17 Aug 2012, 9:52 am

Not bad, i prefer the Adidas top.

But at least it's better than what they've been wearing in the 7's and summer tests.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

There's definitely something very traditional and grand about the adidas top and this new one couldn't be further from it...dislike!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:14 am

Nike managed to stuff up the England shirt and that's plain white! Agree with you Argie Fan, not one for me i'm afraid.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

It's better than the Spanish and Russian Olympic uniforms (Bosco made them). They were hideous: https://www.google.es/search?q=spanish+olympic+uniform&hl=es&client=firefox-a&hs=OxK&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oxsuUIaJDcfNhAf2rYHYDA&ved=0CE0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=603.

The colours remain traditional at least but that sun on the back is ridiculous.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:32 pm

Nike shows a total lack of imagination. Here is the picture that corroborates what I say.
Nike unveils new official Pumas rugby shirt for TRC Camise11
Left image is Argentina shirt, and right is Stade Toulousain (France)

I imagine they have a team of designers who make millions and all they can think of is to change the colors of a shirt they had.
A shame. thumbsdown
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm

Good work there Argie fan. Maybe the alternate strip is reversed for each team. That's a shocker.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

Adidas, Canterbury and Under Armour do pretty much the same thing

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:59 pm

Too true. I think there needs to be rules as to how far a jersey manufacturer can deviate from the traditional strip, particularly with regard to colour.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

Me too. Look at the MLB in America for instance, i don't think they've ever changed the kit/colours and that brand has stayed strong throughout the years.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 18 Aug 2012, 9:39 am

It's okay- but a definite step down from the classic.

I'm glad to see the stripes back at least, even if it is just a rebranded Toulouse jersey.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

that visa on that shirt looks like it has been rubber stamped on. it doesnt look right

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down