The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings III

+44
owen10ozzy
Reaper
Breadvan
NedB-H
JamesLincs
The Awesome Giz
Smirnoffpriest
Amy
Imperial Ghosty
westisbest
Bull
mckay1402
ncfc_Tooze
JDizzle
Josiah Maiestas
compelling and rich
President Trump
Hero
nasisillmatic
lfc91
azania
Mat
Fernando
Bathite
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GG
Luke
hampo17
James_182
Gregers
Kay Fabe
Small Time
6oldenbhoy
Beer
Liam
monty junior
spencerclarke
matth7
GSC
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Teej
The Special Juan
48 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 10 Empty Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included. Values subject to change

[tr][/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Júlio César Inter Milan (Italy) QPR Free
Javi Garcia Benfica (Portugal) Man City £17.7m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Pablo Hernadez Valencia (Spain) Swansea £7.9m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Hugo Lloris Lyon (France) Spurs £8.8m
Maicon Inter Milan (Italy) Man City £5m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Gaston Ramirez Bologna (Italy) Southampton £13m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Nuri Sahin Real Madrid (Spain) Liverpool Loan
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Richard WrightFree TransfersManchester City£0

[tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea
Esteban Granero - QPR
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Kevin Mirallas - Everton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Mladen Petric - Fulham
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton
Vurnon Anita - Newcastle

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 10 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by Liam Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:07 pm

Witsel is a good player, looked good whenever I've seen him and played very well vs Utd in the CL last year. Hulk, for me, the jury is still out on him. He's highly rated by many, has a powerful shot and is just an all round power house, but hasn't highlighted to me that he is anywhere near the world's top 20 best players.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 10 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by Beer Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Michu's on course to be the best ever bargain in PL history.

i highly doubt that! so he's going to be better than a cantona, ole or a van persie (first transfer to arsenal) who all were signed for peanuts?

Cantona was £1m in the 90s. That was a lot of money back then. Michu was bought for £2m this year. That is a bargain. But it all depends on how he does, when you compare games, goals and price. I'd like to see a table of signings and what £1m would "actually" be nowadays if inflation adjusted.

Nicolas Anelka cost Arsenal £200k.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:25 pm

Liam wrote:Witsel is a good player, looked good whenever I've seen him and played very well vs Utd in the CL last year. Hulk, for me, the jury is still out on him. He's highly rated by many, has a powerful shot and is just an all round power house, but hasn't highlighted to me that he is anywhere near the world's top 20 best players.
I am on the same gang as you regards to Hulk..found it crazy that Chelsea were willing to put £40 million on him for basically having a bit of power and heavy feet behind his shot. Witsel can be another Iniesta with his close control and fluid movement.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:36 pm

Anyukov, Criscito, Zyryanov, Danny, Shirokov, Witzel, Kerzhakov & Hulk to name a few of their player within the squad. There's certainly some talent there at L. Spalletti's disposal to dominate domestically but still not enough to impact upon Champions League football in my opinion. Work in progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 04 Sep 2012, 6:38 pm

Michael Owen to Stoke has been confirmed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 04 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

Good bit of business I think. It is believed he is on a substantial bonus scheme rather than on a large weekly salary.

Whilst he does have his injury problems he did seem to be fit for most of last season (3 month spell between November & Feb)...and when he plays he tends to score.

As an impact player of the bench their isn't many better natural finishers in the league. If he can stay fit then he could even have a run in the starting line up.

I'm going to be brave and go out on a limb but I can see him getting between 12-15 goals for the Potters this season!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 04 Sep 2012, 6:53 pm

Owen is done. If teams were that fussed he'd have had a job preseason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:06 pm

GSC wrote:Owen is done. If teams were that fussed he'd have had a job preseason

I'm not sure. I have a feeling Stoke will have approached him fairly early but he probably held out to see if anybody else was interested (Liverpool). I don't think it's a coincidence that he has signed for Stoke just a day after Liverpool publicly shot down the idea of signing him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:14 pm

If people really wanted Owen he'd have been in preseason training. That Stoke were content to just let him sit and watch teams rule him out says a lot.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

GSC wrote:If people really wanted Owen he'd have been in preseason training. That Stoke were content to just let him sit and watch teams rule him out says a lot.

Not necessarily as I just pointed out, Owen himself may have waited rather than the clubs, all it means is that the clubs that Owen would have preferred to sign for didn't make an offer.

It shows that they were happy to wait as he wasn't a key signing but a decent one nonetheless.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:21 pm

Owen was in no hurry to sign, as a free agent, so he had time to see who wanted him and for how much. I think he's made the right choice; after Crouch there's nothing really there for Stoke. I wouldn't trust Jerome with goalscoring as far as I could throw him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:29 pm

True, I suppose Owen's done well signing for the most physical team in the Prem, it means that he'll have less chance of being snapped in half ...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcTVlLj8Q4

I always think Owen's career was a wasted one. So much potential, he was awesome from 1998-2002, but hopefully this move will revive his career.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:13 pm

Duty281 wrote:hopefully this move will revive his career.

So delusional if you think Owen can revive his career at Stoke. It's embarrasing watching him state on twitter throughout the summer about potential clubs being interested in him. Owen was a great striker but his injuries have destroyed him time and time again. Those hamstrings will be popping within a month, which is a shame but a reality of the situation Michael finds himself. Also he's joined a team which style is the complete opposite of his which further puzzles me.

Would be amazed if he plays more than ten games this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

Also that his injuries have completely robbed him of his edge.

He should've taken a pay check in America or Dubai where he can continue with his horses.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 10 Empty Michael owen Joins Stoke

Post by matth7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:31 pm

On a one year deal, if he can stay fit, i can see him scoring 10 goals, its a great move for him and Stoke.

matth7

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:33 pm

Again, mate please stick to the topic
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

John wrote:

So delusional if you think Owen can revive his career at Stoke. It's embarrasing watching him state on twitter throughout the summer about potential clubs being interested in him. Owen was a great striker but his injuries have destroyed him time and time again. Those hamstrings will be popping within a month, which is a shame but a reality of the situation Michael finds himself. Also he's joined a team which style is the complete opposite of his which further puzzles me.

Please read what I wrote before jumping in with your rampant negativity. I said hopefully it will revive his career, I didn't say I think it would revive his career. Doh

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Duty281 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcTVlLj8Q4

I always think Owen's career was a wasted one. So much potential, he was awesome from 1998-2002, but hopefully this move will revive his career.

I wouldn't say Owen's career has been wasted, I think it's more that he was very good and built his game around his pace and his frightening acceleration, and was bigged up even bigger for being England's golden boy.
As soon as his hamstrings and pace went his whole game went, which showed in the way his career went, and he's become a bit part player even when fit.

If he'd still had his pace then Yes you could say he could have achieved more, but without it he's been lucky to still play in the prem (though he hasn't played that much so...)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:
John wrote:

Please read what I wrote before jumping in with your rampant negativity. I said hopefully it will revive his career, I didn't say I think it would revive his career. Doh

I was just saying it generally that it was delusional for people to think this will change anything. Sorry if it offended you so badly. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

Thank god he didnt come to Norwich. Let him sit on Stoke's physio room
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

How many matches before Owen gets injured for several months? What a waste the last part of his career has been.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:10 am

Crouch & Owen, big little combo may see some goals. After all Charlie Adam will be hoofing the ball upto Crouch.

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by matth7 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

Angelo Henriquez is finally a United player, he joins for an undisclosed fee.

matth7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

Going to be at least middle of October before we see Owen playing in my opinion, looks way out of shape. I remember his stating the following "Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there and didn’t enjoy it''

haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 3:34 pm

matth7 wrote:Angelo Henriquez is finally a United player, he joins for an undisclosed fee.

any good?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 07 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
matth7 wrote:Angelo Henriquez is finally a United player, he joins for an undisclosed fee.

any good?

Apparently he's very good for an 18 year old. He's a good size, over 6ft but moves well also according to reports and what SAF has sid about him. Although, with RVP/Rooney/welbeck/hernandez and even macheda its hard to see where he'll get a game really. Perhaps it may have been worth signing him then loaning him out to get some football under his belt. Although at 18, there's plenty of time.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:53 pm

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qvrol/
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 13 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

GSC wrote:http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qvrol/

Laugh

The funny thing is I was actually gutted/angry when he was first signed, apparently it takes a mediocre 17 months and one good one for me to really like a player.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 07 Oct 2012, 6:09 pm

How are they doing? IMO:

Santi Cazorla - Probably the best signing so far. He's even better than I thought he was and I knew he was good.
Júlio César - Done alright, although he has a dreadful defense in front of him.
Javi Garcia - Not seen enough of him.
Olivier Giroud - Looks to be settling in after an awful start.
Eden Hazard - Very mercurial; when he's good he's unplayable but when he's bad, he's bad.
Pablo Hernandez - Not seen enough of him.
Shinji Kagawa - Looked great at the start of the season but performances have stalled a bit. I think he's carrying an injury though.
Hugo Lloris - 1 game, 1 clean sheet Wink
Maicon - Poor
Marko Marin - N/A
Oscar - Looks to be figtting in well.
Gaston Ramirez - Looks to be fitting in well.
Lukas Podolski - Didn't need any time to settle. Great player.
Nuri Sahin - Still lacking a bit of match fitness I think. Had a couple of good performances though.
Jan Vertonghen - Good.
Richard Wright - lol

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 9:28 pm

Good assessment juan

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

Everton have signed Thomas Hitzelberger until January after he impressed on trial. Decent signing for cover in the midfield.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:38 pm

Carzorla has been the signing of the season so far. No bias either.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:16 am

Well the big signings so far all seem to have cooled off after good starts:

Cazorla, Hazard and Kagawa all had excellent starts but then their form started to drop and haven't been able to quite have the same impact as they would have liked.

Oscar is performing pretty well, but seems to be a much better player in the Champions League than he is in the Premier League which is odd.

Then we just have a lot of players who are just not making a big impact, players like Giroud, Sahin, Garcia, Cesar, Maicon, Lloris, Ramirez and Marin. Some that's down to not being played, others due to the performances around them, but for the most part these players can only be described as doing 'okay' with the odd good performance thrown in.

It's quite hard to judge who the signing of the season is now, Cazorla looked excellent at the start of the season but as Arsenal starting performing badly Cazorla failed to keep his performances up and as Arsenal are having their worst start to the season for a long time it's hard to say that Cazorla is the signing of the season.

I think it's probably Vertonghen, Tottenham have being doing alright and Vertonghen has been excellent whether filling in at left back or playing centrally and I'm sure Arsenal which they had snapped him up. It's a shame that Gallas is used in the defence as with a decent centre-back partner Vertonghen could be even better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:29 am

I would probably look outside the top clubs for signing of the season so far and I would say maybe Berbatov at Fulham, Michu at Swansea would be up there for me for sure.

Hazard and Cazorla have cooled after a fast start and Cazorla especially has really dropped off a cliff in terms of performance. I think its a bit harsh to label Giroud a disappointment, he know seems to be finding his feet.

Biggest disappointment for me has been Ramirez at Southampton. For 12 million pounds he has been crap, especially considering Southampton are better going forward. Its shocking to think Saints paid almost 20 million pounds for him and Jay Rodriguez
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:36 am

I agree that the signing of the season is probably Berbatov, Michu has also cooled off after a hugely impressive start.

I was just going off of this list which were what were considered big signings at the start of the season.

I think Ramirez has been disappointing, but it's hard to tell whether that is down to poor performance from him or poor performance from the players around him. I imagine if Saints get relegated, he'll be one of the first to go, it'll be interesting to see if any teams do try and snap him up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:59 am

I think that players are still performing well in that Saints side, especially Lallana who always looks a threat to me. I would take him over Ramirez every day of the week.

I guess with Southampton I just wonder why they had to spend so much on the attacking side of there game which was pretty good anyways, rather than there defence/goalkeeper which obviously wasnt good enough
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:04 am

Because teams that are promoted for years focused on their defences to try and stay up by shutting down, then Blackpool did well attacking and then Swansea and Norwich stayed up despite focusing on their attacking side so it's going to become more popular and common now for relegated sides to start with attack when they get up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:23 am

I wouldn't say thats particularly the case, the promoted teams are just sticking with the systems that got them there
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Nov 2012, 12:34 pm

I have no problem with Southampton attacking im just saying I thought that there attack was pretty good before the summer and the defence and goalkeeper needed improving before that imo.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

i think hernadez for swansea is starting to look good, all this talk of carzola being good should hope so for 20 mil he just represents fair value at the minute hardly signing of the season.

bit harsh on ramirez so far as he has had a injury and hardly had a run in the team yet.

would agree with others that berba is looking like best transfer, and i didnt think he would do anything either

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

Alexander Tettey, Sebastien Bassong, Michael Turner, Steven Whittaker, Javier Garrido all brilliant signings by Chrissy Hughton
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10