The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the fans the winners?

4 posters

Go down

Are the fans the winners? Empty Are the fans the winners?

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/fans-the-winner-as-eels-dragons-blockbuster-moved-to-anz-stadium/comments-e6frexnr-1226456121446

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Are the fans the winners? Empty Re: Are the fans the winners?

Post by drsambo1928 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:03 pm

No, you want to be a winner, ditch league and come to union, the more economically friendly sport.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:47 pm

drsambo1928 wrote:No, you want to be a winner, ditch league and come to union, the more economically friendly sport.

drsambo can you please stop post comments like this in the league section , if you dont like league thats fine there are however some of us that do and this is a section for that not to cause friction with union .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:06 pm

Kenny wrote:
drsambo1928 wrote:No, you want to be a winner, ditch league and come to union, the more economically friendly sport.

drsambo can you please stop post comments like this in the league section , if you dont like league thats fine there are however some of us that do and this is a section for that not to cause friction with union .

Actually, that got me thinking that the regulars on the League thread probably have a better understanding and appreciation of the dynamics required to play rugby union at a competitive standard than some of those over on the union pages.

I appreciate you and Linebreaker are mods, hence I'm not trying to start a war, just expressing an observation.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:13 pm

Please its all a big joke and please don't question my knowledge of rugby union having played it for 10 years. Just take it on the chins you guys, its just a bit of a laugh and Kenny I presume you remember my previous posts. I don't hate league (well I do) i'm just trying to tell you guys it is uneconomical comparred to union, thats all you guys, now can we be friends Hug

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:16 pm

Only 10???

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:17 pm

laurie glad to hear it Smile , i love league and i love union one doesn't detract from the other for me although league i played and through family involvement have more of an affection for .

I wouldn't of said anything but it wasn't the first time similar comments have been posted in league threads

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:23 pm

Kenny wrote:laurie glad to hear it Smile , i love league and i love union one doesn't detract from the other for me although league i played and through family involvement have more of an affection for .

I wouldn't of said anything but it wasn't the first time similar comments have been posted in league threads

Well i'll tell you right now that all those similar comments were me. It's just a bit of fun anyway, I mean no harm in my writings but I guess if a league v union war started union would have more people so I wouldnt want that to happen.

And without getting into a board war with laurie, can I ask you laurie how long you played your respective code? Ofcourse this is a somewhat anonimous board and refusal to reveal the number of years you have played is entirely up to you and none of my business.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

drsambo , yes we can be friends .

The comments just dont help the section and dont really have anything to do with the threads you post them in .

We have a good league section with no arguments and very little wumming i would just like to keep it that way .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

kenny
Sometimes it pays not to be a mod... (if you know what i mean)

And I too am very much a rugby mongrel, Played, coached and been a trainer in both codes...

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:27 pm

I feel you have an unfair advantage laurie, as I am 19, thus I think I would be right in assuming I wasnt alive when you started playing, again no offence needs to be taken and again this is a anonimous board and refusal to reveal this information is up to you.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:33 pm

DrSambo

I played senior A rugby for Auckland Clubs Otahuhu and college Rifles.

I played Reserve grade League for Otahuhu and Ellerslie Eagles (bearing in mind that in those days Kiwis were plying in the local Auckland Competition.)

I have done a number of coaching/trainer roles up till 2009, when I was a trainer for the Glenora Bears Premiers, one of probably the most famous rugby league clubs in Auckland.

The days of it being a war between the codes died long ago, you may not realise it but many All Blacks have Rugby League backgrounds, and in turn many Kiwis have Rugby Union backgrounds.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:34 pm

drsambo1928 wrote:I feel you have an unfair advantage laurie, as I am 19, thus I think I would be right in assuming I wasnt alive when you started playing, again no offence needs to be taken and again this is a anonimous board and refusal to reveal this information is up to you.

Correct,I do have an unfair advantage....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:37 pm

I'll let you know that I will continue playing and hopefully reach a higher number of years, although once Leinster is over I may lose my motivation.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

I believe Leister won your competition a few months back with the help of a rugby League player by the name of Brad thorn, You may have heard of him.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:44 pm

Right back on the topic of georges original post

Yes common sense has prevailed allowing more fans to see what should be some very good if not great players last game .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:46 pm

No I'm talkiing about playing for Leinster under 20,it has been a goal of mine to play for Leinster in any way shape or form and very soon it wll happen, thus I fear I would have accomplished the goals I set out and lose my motivation. To the annoyance of my club as I'm still pretty young.

Kenny is right, unless there are futher comments by laurie I will leave you guys to discuss the various uneconomical elements of Rugby league. If so farewell, I think you know were to find me Wink

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:59 pm

Actually to get a stadium the size of ANZ in 12 hours is pretty amazing, especially when you think of all the authorities that would need to consent etc. and all this in Sydney which isnt a small city.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:07 am

Reading the article and given it did take only 12 hours to sort out , i find it funny Parramatta had been trying for 2 months to get the game moved without success .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

A Steve Kearney work in progress.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:18 am

He didn't really do anything did he Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down