The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately).

+14
sheephead
ScarletSpiderman
Morgannwg
red_stag
gowales
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
doctornickolas
HammerofThunor
Breadvan
wales606
maestegmafia
justified sinner
Cari
18 posters

Go down

Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately). Empty Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately).

Post by Cari Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

Following the red card last weekend during the Treviso v Ospreys match, Ian Evans has been "formally reprimanded" at the disciplinary hearing, but is free to play...

From the Ospreys website:

"Ian Evans appeared today before an independent RaboDirect PRO12 Disciplinary Committee in Edinburgh, having been sent off by the referee in the match against Benetton Treviso last Friday after receiving two yellow cards in the first half of the match.

The Disciplinary Committee, chaired by John Kirk (Scotland), along with Paul Minto (Scotland) and Dr Barry O'Driscoll (Ireland), having looked at the incidents and listened to the player's explanations, considered that the sending off was not a sufficient sanction in itself but, rather than issue a suspension, formally reprimanded Ian Evans for the second incident, a dangerous tackle, and warned him as to his future conduct.

There will be no further comment on this issue from Ospreys Rugby or Ian Evans."

Cari

Back to top Go down

Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately). Empty Re: Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately).

Post by justified sinner Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

He has history, think this is yet another soft decision. All NH unions do it.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately). Empty Re: Ian Evans free to play (unfortunately).

Post by maestegmafia Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:23 am

Surprised I thought he would be out for a while. Dangerous tackles were quite the penalty hang up by all adjudicating bodies last season.

I hope his formal warning by The Discapliary Panel was taken very seriously. Another incident will surely be treated with a lengthy ban.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:05 am

First yellow was not ban worthy

Second yellow - tackle started low but the arm went up. Clear yellow, but not ban worthy on its own (similar tackles happen almost every game, often missed or ignored by refs)

So the double probably shouldn't result in a ban. His team were disadvantaged enough playing with 14 men for 50 minutes.

Fair decision, could have gone the other way (1 week ban) though without too many complaints.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 07 Sep 2012, 6:40 am

Unfortunately? Headscratch FORTunately more like. He's one of our best players!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Sep 2012, 7:12 am

Neither offence was worthy of a ban. There is no recommended ban for repeat offences. If you do a ban-able offence repeatedly you get banned for longer. But doing a non-ban-able offence repeatedly doesn't mean it suddenly becomes a banning offence.

I'm very glad sense has prevailed and it's been treated 'properly' (IMO)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Fri 07 Sep 2012, 7:29 am

I thought the second card looked worse than it was and the ref was pressured in to it.

Ian Evans hit the guy around the chest with the tackle, but the guys legs went and he was falling down and Evan's arms slid up higher. Thought it was a good hit.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 07 Sep 2012, 7:38 am

justified sinner wrote:He has history, think this is yet another soft decision. All NH unions do it.

I do not like the player, but I do have to say that as the panel was made up of Scots and Irish I very much doubt their was any national bias involved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Sep 2012, 8:44 am

If he hadn't committed the silly first yellow card incident then he wouldn't have been sent off just yellow carded for the high tackle.

I think this is the right decision.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:06 am

It's strange because when Tupiric got carded a couple of times last year in different games they banned him for a week.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:26 am

I think this is the right call. Both were yellow cards but I think this was enough.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:31 am

I don't disagree with the panel's decision, but I don't think Ianto should be picked to play this week by the coaches. They probably will pick him though. It's not that he's a poor performer, on the contrary, but he needs to sort out his indiscipline, and being overlooked to play would be a warning from the coaches.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:41 am

Fail to see how it's unfortunate...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

Cari wrote:I don't disagree with the panel's decision, but I don't think Ianto should be picked to play this week by the coaches. They probably will pick him though. It's not that he's a poor performer, on the contrary, but he needs to sort out his indiscipline, and being overlooked to play would be a warning from the coaches.

Problem is, and not defending him, the high tackle was borderline, and there was no warning before the card of playing the ball on the ground. It was not as if he was putting in cheap shots left right and centre, or handling in the ruck every time. I was not a fan of his, especially for what he did to Harry Ellis, however he seems to have put that sort of thing behind him, and i honestly believe those cards were just bad luck last weekend and he has really cut out the dirty stuff.

Bradley Davies on hte ohter hand is getting dirtier and dirtier.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:47 am

He still gives away a ton of stupid penalties though

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:51 am

Ianto was pretty indisciplined early in his career but in fairness he's got his act together the last few seasons. To much an important player to leave out over what happened last week.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:52 am

gowales wrote:He still gives away a ton of stupid penalties though

Exactly.

Morg - "unfortunate" in that I think he shouldn't be chosen to play this week. If he is (which is likely), I just think it sends Ian the wrong message from the coaching team is all.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

The team announced? Behind him and AWJ I don't think O's have a decent partnership. It could affect his Wales chances though and he certainly won't be in Lions contention. For Wales I would like to see the selectors revert back to the WC 2nd row.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:31 pm

Maybe he had to give his "Best Mates 4Eva" bracelet back? Surely that's punishment enough for anyone.

Or did Holley take them all back?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Bradley has only ever received 2 YC in the pro12/magners/celtic league. In 6 years he has 2, Ian Evans can do that in 80 minutes Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

Interestingly Ianto has been left out of this weekends 23.

Perhaps sending him a message?
And/or he's been dropped for a poor performance?

Last edited by gowales on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

SS what did he do to Harry Ellis?

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:22 pm

sheephead wrote:SS what did he do to Harry Ellis?

The same match as when Henson elbowed that prop, Ian Evans was in a scrum and as Ellis was going passed Evans kicked Ellis' knee cap out, which was pretty much the cause of Ellis having to retire early IMO.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

wales606 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Bradley has only ever received 2 YC in the pro12/magners/celtic league. In 6 years he has 2, Ian Evans can do that in 80 minutes Wink

Yeah he may have only recieved a couple of yellows, but he does seem to be starting to cross that line between abrassive and thuggish, there seem to be more and more off the ball incidents with him, whether he is getting pinged for them or they are going unnoticed by officials doesn't matter. Dirty is dirty (and the incident in Saundersfoot didn't help, whether the claims were true or not).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

We need someone like that in the team though tbf

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:33 pm

gowales wrote:We need someone like that in the team though tbf

You need people who will give it their all and people who will not back down, and willing to finish any nastiness that is started (otherwise known as abrassive). You don't need people who will be looking to put a cheapshot in, or who will be looking to start the problems (otherwise know as a thug).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Sep 2012, 1:57 pm

Yh maybe if the O's dropped him as a warning and akick up the jacksi then that might do as much good.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Maybe he had to give his "Best Mates 4Eva" bracelet back? Surely that's punishment enough for anyone.

I'm sick and tired of this persistent rumour rearing its ugly head every so often on here, just to make Sean Holley look stupid. It is absolute nonsense - there were never any 'best mates 4 life' bracelets.

They were belt-buckles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A79808539

(Agree with most of the stuff being said about Ian Evans, btw).

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

Casartelli wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Maybe he had to give his "Best Mates 4Eva" bracelet back? Surely that's punishment enough for anyone.

I'm sick and tired of this persistent rumour rearing its ugly head every so often on here, just to make Sean Holley look stupid. It is absolute nonsense - there were never any 'best mates 4 life' bracelets.

They were belt-buckles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A79808539

(Agree with most of the stuff being said about Ian Evans, btw).

That is some memory (or atleast tinterweb seaching skills) to find something all the way ont he old 606.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:16 pm

Not a day goes by when I don't think about those Rhinestone studded belt-buckles, Spiderman.

I spend hours searching ebay. I'd pay good money to get my hands on one...

But off topic - so, Ian Evans, yeah, immature thug.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Sep 2012, 2:17 pm

Casartelli wrote:Not a day goes by when I don't think about those Rhinestone studded belt-buckles, Spiderman.

I spend hours searching ebay. I'd pay good money to get my hands on one...

The amount of ex-ospreys since then I wouldn't be suprised if one turned up on ebay
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 07 Sep 2012, 3:34 pm

Jerry Collins bought a new All Blacks kit with one. True story
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 07 Sep 2012, 7:27 pm

He's my favorite player for us, the sooner he is back for us the better!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

The outcome says a lot about the ref with two harsh yellows, near the end of the game an obvious yellow against an Italian defender near the line he just gave a penalty!

The panel made a sensible decision unlike the ref, he should be banned for 1 game..

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down