The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September

+11
Kay Fabe
Dass
Gregers
Ent
Crimey
Henman Bill
mystiroakey
JamesLincs
Pot Hale
Liam
Duty281
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September - Page 3 Empty World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September

Post by Duty281 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Russia v Northern Ireland (16:00)
Kazakhstan v Republic of Ireland (17:00)
Moldova v England (19:45)
Wales v Belgium (19:45)
Scotland v Serbia (15:00, Saturday)

Predictions:

Russia 3-1 NI
Kazakhstan 0-3 ROI
Moldova 0-4 England
Wales 1-3 Belgium
Scotland 1-1 Serbia

Duty281

Back to top Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:50 pm

liam your another one that doesnt get the point of rankings or how and why they are worled the way they are.

England are rankied 3rd because they have had the 3rd best win,draw loss record over other teams in a time line- It does not however mean they will come 3rd in every cup to come...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:57 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I think losing so often in Penalties helps paper over the cracks for a lot of fans

name one fan that thinks england are the best in the world. You do not have a clue gaffer. Nothing is papered over at all. Rankings are only rankings- i know this is a very hard concept for you to gauge..

You should lay off the babysham if this is how you choose to react, no wonder young Crimey consistantly has to put you in your place

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I think losing so often in Penalties helps paper over the cracks for a lot of fans

name one fan that thinks england are the best in the world. You do not have a clue gaffer. Nothing is papered over at all. Rankings are only rankings- i know this is a very hard concept for you to gauge..

Woah, hang on.I remember saying before the Euro's started that the performances were embarrassing and that they were gonna struggle. Yet allot of England fans were on here saying 'doesn't matter about the performance, only the result' yet look what happened, if Italy had a world class striker they would have murdered england, simple as. sop having a go at people from outside england who can clearly see what england are, an average team in the top 20 of the world, simple as. if earnshaw had scored hat open goal wales would have probably beaten england at wembley, end of.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:06 pm

Oh oh Liam, Stalin won't like this

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

Not sure I have a clue what you are on about liam. You can try your hardest to forget about results and stats bad wins and draws. But it just makes you sound bitter.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

You should lay off the babysham if this is how you choose to react, no wonder young Crimey consistantly has to put you in your place

I think you will find I am putting you and crimes in your place. Go on name these fans. You are constantly talking b.s..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Not sure I have a clue what you are on about liam. You can try your hardest to forget about results and stats bad wins and draws. But it just makes you sound bitter.

No the fact is it goes round in circles with england fans. cruise the group, qualify for the world cup, ebeyone get's exited and thinks they have a chance, even though at least 6 teams are streets are ahead of you. Then at the end of it all, you complain, say what everyone has been saying for the lead up to a major comp, then say you want a change in manager, heard it all before..

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

I love probably and end of in the sane sentence. It's like an England fan saying if we won on pens we would have won. Talk about ifs and buts.. just stick to realities lads

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Can we all take a deep breath and lay off each other.

Its late, I am off to bed which means that I am tagging in Crimey to come and sort anyone out who remains aggressive...you have been warned.

No more aggression tonight from this moment on.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Oh oh Liam, Stalin won't like this

good point, all hail stalin, long live stalin, f*ck Trotsky!!!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

Adam D wrote:Can we all take a deep breath and lay off each other.

Its late, I am off to bed which means that I am tagging in Crimey to come and sort anyone out who remains aggressive...you have been warned.

No aggression here, just football debate Smile

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm

Liam wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Not sure I have a clue what you are on about liam. You can try your hardest to forget about results and stats bad wins and draws. But it just makes you sound bitter.

No the fact is it goes round in circles with england fans. cruise the group, qualify for the world cup, ebeyone get's exited and thinks they have a chance, even though at least 6 teams are streets are ahead of you. Then at the end of it all, you complain, say what everyone has been saying for the lead up to a major comp, then say you want a change in manager, heard it all before..

And what does this bother you.off course fans must believe. Why wouldn't they. Do you think Welsh rugby fans are any different. Wgats the beef pal?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

Liam wrote:

Adam itis only crimey who is being aggresive

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Liam wrote:

And what does this bother you.off course fans must believe. Why wouldn't they. Do you think Welsh rugby fans are any different. Wgats the beef pal?

Absolutely, its what fans do. Every year I think Wales will beat the AB's, yet we get done good and proper. Just when I see England fans getting a bit arrogant and a bit ahead of themselves, it's nice to remind them of the truths. I remember when O was sdaying that the Belgium performance was terrible, but because England won it was alright, because England won. Yet when it comes to the proper sides, who are apparanlty overrated, they get their ass*es handed to them. Just an opinion.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Liam. I really do not think England are over rated we really don't take any note of the rankings.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:31 pm

Duty is one in a million trust me on this. Most of us just take it like he is playing a character anyway. But still nothing wrong with concentrating on the positives

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:31 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Liam wrote:

What by saying "these are the ramblings of a madman."??? T'was a joke.

Come on Myst. You take things to heart too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:34 pm

Freek he started it . And there has been no aggression since. There is no need for red type. And how ironic is it to let the instigator become the mod....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Liam wrote:

Irony isn't your strong point is it? No doubt you'l say it is though and its your strongest point

Some people should drink and type...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Freek he started it . And there has been no aggression since. There is no need for red type. And how ironic is it to let the instigator become the mod....

I agree myst, you can have a debate without the need for someone to step in. I mean, how many football debates do you know that don't get slightly heated, almost none!!!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:38 pm

Freek he started it .

35 years old and you're still saying this to excuse your ramblings

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:44 pm

Yeah Its all a little bit to random. But I have my suspicions..

Anyway . As an England fan. I would never ever be comfortable playing Brazil, France or Argentina. But I also understand why we are ranked where we are. We can argue a better system. But I would rather concentrate on what that better fairer system should be over using it as a stick to beat England fans

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Freek he started it .

35 years old and you're still saying this to excuse your ramblings
Just drop it. His was the first and possibly only aggressive post. Well sorry bar yours just then. What's wrong with this debate? You clearly have no interest In that any more.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:54 pm

Mysti old chap, I wish you'd drop the whole World Ranking thing, it's boring, if you remotely followed the thread you'd have understood that at no time have I said a teams current ranking determines how good they really are, infact if you paid attention to my first post on it then you wouldn't be saying what you're saying now, however you decided to see what you wanted to see, let's recap

Someone, I can't remember who took issue with me saying I felt Scotland should have won today and Serbia aren't a good side, they used the fact that they're higher than Scotland in the rankings (who isn't?)... I merely pointed out that on the grand scheme of things then the rankings don't actually determine how good/great/invincible a side is, now, since I decided to use England to show that rankings doesn't always equal ability you have decided to become the Paragone of Virtue for the Fifa Rankings and decided to defend old England with more gusto than King George...the mistake you made though was believing I didn't understand the ranking system, when if only you read my first response correctly you'd have saved yourself some embarassment and a few red letters

Now, be gone with you! Smile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:59 pm

Well what we gonna talk about know then.. Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:06 pm

It's not very often we get red penned is it boys? Gotta be a good reason for a top up....

guinness

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

The gaffer by the way my reply to you initially was a suggestion on another way to rank. You didn't concentrate on that but only negatives about England. I just want a debate. But when posters are rude to me as you and crimey have been I will tell you about it.. and if you are gonna bash England then I will back them up. But I never bring anything personal into it as you have. There really is no need pal

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

Thomond wrote:No offence to you Duty but people like you are one of the reasons why England will not become a power in soccer for a long time to come. You're exactly like people were with Trap before the Euros. Putting your fingers over your ears and ignoring blatant problems that exist.

Wrote this a while back and I expect it to cause controversy, but the truth hurts. http://v2journal.com/england-where-next.html

Great article.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:18 pm

To be honest mysti you bored me, the actual conversation died when you decided to join, no-one else spoke about the football, despite me saying near enough as soon as that "rankings is a debate for another day" but you kept chipping away, as for being rude, I wouldn't say anyone was rude to you, I'd say you should lighten up a wee bit and if your offended by something which isn't really offensive then an internet forum isn't the best place for you

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:22 pm

There is a lot you don't really know about in regards to crimey. But that's another matter. However if your bored don't keep posting.. you really need to start doing something that doesn't bore you. I suggest that you need to take your own advice and forums rant to good for you. All I have done is nullify your points and all you do is get aggressive.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:22 pm

Also, not once did I ever bash England, saying such is just you giving yourself an excise to have a bit of a moral crucade to defend old England and all that's she's worth, I don't mind England, never have never will, International Football will never mean more to me than club football and while I want to see my own Country win I have no deep rooted anger reserved for any other Nations

You'll be hard pushed to find me 'bashing' anyone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:24 pm

Also, you've not nulified anything and I'm certainly not being aggressive, quite the opposite, however it does seem like you're baiting me, funny how it seems to be everyone has a problem with you.

Never think you might be the common denominator?

Last edited by the-gaffer on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:25 pm

Lol I love your ego trip s well. You post your feelings on rankings but you don't want anyone replying. Haha. Just create another account and talk to yourself mate thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:27 pm

So I talk rankings and you get aggressive and I am baiting you.. strange.. good night pal. I would much rather talk sensibly about topics than this boring tripe you keep bringing up. But ok it is what it is. Peace out anyway. World Cup Qualifiers Thread, 7th and 8th September - Page 3 1347041234

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:29 pm

I actually didn't make the point about rankings, I merely responded to it, if you actually take time to go back you'll see that, then when you see that you might actually realise you're trying to make a similar point as my initial point, that being said, with a good old post count to boost you wouldn't be happy to do that, trolling boosts posts no end ehh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:31 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction of my aggressive post to this person?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:32 pm

Can't believe the arguments n discussion about england on here after that moldova game. we're gonna win the group it's a given. england will play this great attractive, passing football against the minnows and the media will rave about it, cleverley this, oxlade that......blah, blah, blah.

Come Brazil the opposition quality goes up and hodgson will bring out the old negative tactics and we will end up crying all over again after conceding over 60+% possession and losing. same old story. the old guard are still there banging goals against moldova and prolonging their failed international careers....embarrasing.

That's the state of affairs. no need in discussing or debating much else. see you in brazil for the second round or if we get lucky possible QF exit. Goodnight thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:33 pm

Dude let's mellow yeah. Braveheart rose

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:35 pm

John wrote:Can't believe the arguments n discussion about england on here after that moldova game. we're gonna win the group it's a given. england will play this great attractive, passing football against the minnows and the media will rave about it, cleverley this, oxlade that......blah, blah, blah.

Come Brazil the opposition quality goes up and hodgson will bring out the old negative tactics and we will end up crying all over again after conceding over 60+% possession and losing. same old story. the old guard are still there banging goals against moldova and prolonging their failed international careers....embarrasing.

That's the state of affairs. no need in discussing or debating much else. see you in brazil for the second round or if we get lucky possible QF exit. Goodnight thumbsup

Send me a postcard warning

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:41 pm

You will be there don't give up yet

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2012, 12:07 am

the-gaffer wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of my aggressive post to this person?

Yes, that way. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:31 am

Let's hope that way is a place with no internet thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:35 am

Irony

A definition we should all learn!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:39 am

Morning gaffer.

Btw is that supposed to be ironic.. thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:48 am

I doubt you'd know...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:51 am

Doubt away......... far away would be handy thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:59 am

Laugh you remind me of my 4 year old nephew, he must get the last word in

Anyway, as much as I'd love to give you my attention all morning, Gym time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:06 am

I bet your nephew has better debating skills than you. Good luck building your muscles. I do however suggest you try and work more on your brain.

You really cant debate without getting childish or aggressive. Can you. Work on it lad.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:10 am

Its quite simple, you can't debate with a moron, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experiance

I'm away for a few hours, in that time point me to a post I was aggressive to you

I can easily point you to multiple posts you've been childish and antagonistic towards me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:56 am

So more aggression. You just can't handle debating. I have tried to chill out with you and become the bigger man but you won't accept. And you keep On and on with this childish personal tripe. You are really showing yourself up in a big way.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next