The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse

+21
Herman Jaeger
trottb
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
azania
tobbox
Captain Charisma
davidemore
JabMachineMK2
BoxingFan88
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TheMackemMawler
tunes666
Boxtthis
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
Valero's Conscience
Seanusarrilius
ONETWOFOREVER
School Project
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse Empty Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:22 am

Gotta be fair to Khan, the man will not duck anyone. He's name dropped Matthysse a lot now and by the sounds of it, it will be him. Crossroads fight in a way, Khan can't afford another loss now and Golden Boy most probably won't protect him (Not that they particularly have done) whereas if Matthysse loses most will have him down as a nearly man. Risky fight to take with the ehole chin thing with Khan... Oh, yeah and Matthysse being probably the biggest puncher in the division.

Gotta say this would be on my Christmas card list for December, both with Golden Boy, so it could happen, even if it ends up being for some "Regular belt".

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse Empty Re: Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:30 am

Fair play to him and will be a career saving fight for him as 3 losses on the bounce, 2 of which by KO (let's be honest if Lucas wins it will be by KO) then he will struggle to get the big big fights

It's also a risky thing to do with a new trainer in hunter as it will take more than 3 months for khan to fix his defence or change his mindset.

Khan is chinny and while matthysse may be slow he is very strong, hits like a mule and is a much better better pressure fighter than Peterson and Maidana, 2 fighters khan struggled with so I feel matthysse will be able to hit him enough

If he wins though he is back in the mix and onto the Garcia rematch

Khan will fight fire with fire when he does get tagged an it'll end in the same manner as Garcia but will take a little longer. Should be very entertaining while it last

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse Empty Re: Khan December 15th Most Likely Opponent Lucas Matthysse

Post by School Project Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:31 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Gotta be fair to Khan, the man will not duck anyone. He's name dropped Matthysse a lot now and by the sounds of it, it will be him. Crossroads fight in a way, Khan can't afford another loss now and Golden Boy most probably won't protect him (Not that they particularly have done) whereas if Matthysse loses most will have him down as a nearly man. Risky fight to take with the ehole chin thing with Khan... Oh, yeah and Matthysse being probably the biggest puncher in the division.

Gotta say this would be on my Christmas card list for December, both with Golden Boy, so it could happen, even if it ends up being for some "Regular belt".

Damn Alex!

If this is true Khan is going one of two ways.... An Enzo style downfall or being regarded as a real throwback. I doubt the fight will go ahead just yet, he's yet to grab a trainer isn't he?

I'd like to see him in against a fringe level fighter, build his confidence and if needed, new style out. Then get back in with a world class fighter. He'll have to iron out some issues before going back in against a big puncher and a change in trainer will have an affect on his overall performance at first.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:32 am

I guess me and WHU are on the same wave length haha.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:37 am

Erm he really has nowjere left to go Alex stop trying to make out like he really wants the fight. From my sources GB want to boost Matthysse career and Khan had to choose him to ensure a big fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:57 am

Look at it either way you want OneTwo, but Khan has only ever seemed to want to face the best World Class fighters out there.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:59 am

Nope Ontwo. He deserves all the credit in the world if he tales on Matthysse. Khan is still a draw and with Hatton and Brook as massive ticket selling options next year, he could easiy take a tune up and wait for one of them. Hatton Khan would sell 50,000 and make them both about ten million quid, so he does deserve credit.Infuriating. That aside, I see Matthysse busting Kahn like a watermelon. Matthysse is tough as old boots and throws hard stright shots. Matthysse KO inside 10 for me

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:59 am

What the hell are you lot all doing up?! It's only 8 pm here but it's tuesday in Blighty. Nutters

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:01 am

Don't start work until 1PM tommorow, sorry MUM.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:01 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/diego-chaves-says-he-received-amir-khan-proposal--57485

This suggests Diego Chaves may be in the mix

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:05 am

Possible, an option open if Khan wants to move to WW straight away.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:08 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:What the hell are you lot all doing up?! It's only 8 pm here but it's tuesday in Blighty. Nutters

I never sleep and Alex is looking at "adult" websites.

You still watching the rounders Sean? Wink

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:10 am

School Project wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:What the hell are you lot all doing up?! It's only 8 pm here but it's tuesday in Blighty. Nutters

I never sleep and Alex is looking at "adult" websites.

You still watching the rounders Sean? Wink

That's two handed rounders, Smile and yes. Blue Jays up 4-0, and if they don't win this one I am coming home

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:15 am

Ooooh, you haven't been making silly Mayweather style bets now have you? I suppose Baseball is a little more interesting than Football. Or from cricket for that matter haha.

How long are you out over there for anyway?

Back on Topic: Khan's missus is a hotty, Freddie Roach and something.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:35 am

Haha. Hotty is right.

Not making ANY bets, don't know the game well enough. I'm a lifer here now mate. Have been here for a couple years and will not be coming home unless me missus sends me packing, which is always possible Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:36 am

School Project wrote:Ooooh, you haven't been making silly Mayweather style bets now have you? I suppose Baseball is a little more interesting than Football. Or from cricket for that matter haha.

Laugh Laugh
I'm a big boy, if I go on "Adult" websites I'm allowed.

Back On Topic: Amir Khan is a boxer =]

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:40 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
School Project wrote:Ooooh, you haven't been making silly Mayweather style bets now have you? I suppose Baseball is a little more interesting than Football. Or from cricket for that matter haha.

Laugh Laugh
I'm a big boy, if I go on "Adult" websites I'm allowed.

Back On Topic: Amir Khan is a boxer =]
kiss This is how mummy and daddy made me!

This is what happens to the board after midnight, madness

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:55 am

“This is how mummy and daddy made me? Who are the other 3 guys? WHERE'S THAT GOING???”

That's a little more like it Wink

Think you might want to delete this post after you and Alex read it too lol.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Sep 2012, 3:13 am

It's all fair game in the midnight hour. We will return to maturiy the morrow

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:24 am

Nothing but praise if it's true but I doubt he'll go in against the most dangerous puncher inthe division. Coupled with Lucas's great stamina this isn't a good comeback fight.

I wouldn't criticise Khan for having an easy comeback fight especially as coming off 2 losses and trying out a new coach.

This will be an ecellent fight if true though!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:16 am

Fair play to khan although it's a dangerous game to play when you've got the chin of a poet laureate!.

To be fair, Alma, Ted Hughes always looked like he could take a punch and although she's not poet laureate, I know from experience that you need to hit Pam Ayres with a chair to knock her over.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:17 am

Massive props to Khan if he takes this fight, though I think it's be madness.

Garcia is a crude slugger with a decent enough chin to take Khan's accumulation punches and got to him, can't see how Matthyse wouldn't do the same.

Khan needs to stick to fighting classy boxers where his skills and talent carry him through.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

I agree with most here: Khan has some balls when it comes to choosing his opponents, but Matthyse seems to me like the worst possible style match up for him. Lucas is a relentless, but not unskilled, pressure fighter and a great puncher/finisher. He's like a faster and more technical version of Maidana. If I had to pick one person in the division that Khan should avoid it would probably be Matthyse.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:22 am

I have not always liked Khan for verious reasons and felt he was always a bit over hyped and got it easy with reffs and stuff..

That being said no one can say he has not got heart or ran away from a tough fight..

And still being young you cant ignore the fact he is a big threat ..

I did not like all the excuses and toys coming out of the pram with his peterson loss..

But think this year will do him good.

And to be honest i dont like how Garcias dad was pretty unsporting before and after
Their fight so would like to see Khan do him in a rematch.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

Khan won't allow instinct to win out, it's the end of his career if he does.

Khan to come through some hairy moments and win SD ( Fingers Crossed )
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

alma wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Fair play to khan although it's a dangerous game to play when you've got the chin of a poet laureate!.

To be fair, Alma, Ted Hughes always looked like he could take a punch and although she's not poet laureate, I know from experience that you need to hit Pam Ayres with a chair to knock her over.

I couldn't remember who said the original quote about 'having the body of a Greek god and the chin of a poet laureate', or who it was being referred to. Possibly frank bruno.

Not sure on that one, alma - could well be about Frank Bruno. hugh McIlvanney once said something along the lines of the following when speaking of Joe Bugner -

he looks like a statue of a greek god but has less moves.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:09 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Erm he really has nowjere left to go Alex stop trying to make out like he really wants the fight. From my sources GB want to boost Matthysse career and Khan had to choose him to ensure a big fight.

Ha ha, "my sources", ever the comedian.

Khan struggles with pressure, he struggles with punchers. This is a bad style fit for him, he won't have mended his ways enough since Garcia to adopt the type of gameplan he needs to out box Lucas. All things being equal I can see another chicken dance coming.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

I hope not, I heard is was Diego Chaves. If Khan fights Matthysse, he has tremendous guts, but it will also be the end of his career.

Matthysse is more of a beast than Maidana!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:02 pm

From what I've seen of Matthysse - all credit to Khan, but he's likely to be smashed out of the ring. This guy digs harder than anyone he's faced, and does it with scary venom behind his punches, he wants KO's.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:13 pm

Great fight if Khan takes it, and to be fair, mad respect if he does, too.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:22 pm

Khans chin will land in the second row if he fights Mathysse.

But if he takes up the challenge , he is a hero.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:32 pm

Can't see Khan taking this fight - way too dangerous, surely. Another loss (which I'm sure would happen) and his career would be in tatters.

But as others have said, if he takes the fight, good on him - and I'll certainly be cheering him on.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

Wouldn't put it past Khan to take this, he always takes on all comers. Its a shame his chin and defence can't handle the bigger hitters....

Great fighter to watch and doesn't duck anyone.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:52 pm

I reckon ONETWO is right on the money if the fight happens. GBP are firstly a busines venture and want to make money of winners. Khan's last fight was devestatig and spectacular for the wrong reasons (for Khan). So to get Lucas to spark him makes good TV. Plus Khan will make it exciting whilst it lasts.

They also know that should Khan wins, it puts him right back in the money fights. Win win for GBP.

If Khan takes this fight, he shows he has serious grapefruits.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

azania wrote:I reckon ONETWO is right on the money if the fight happens. GBP are firstly a busines venture and want to make money of winners. Khan's last fight was devestatig and spectacular for the wrong reasons (for Khan). So to get Lucas to spark him makes good TV. Plus Khan will make it exciting whilst it lasts.

They also know that should Khan wins, it puts him right back in the money fights. Win win for GBP.

If Khan takes this fight, he shows he has serious grapefruits.

Agreed with this. If this rumour is in any way true, GBP have a good opportunity to make a star in this fight. Now that Khan has lost a couple he's not worth protecting to the same degree, and this would be a bit of a sink-or-swim type fight. Can't fault Khan's opponent choices these days. And it wouldn't be outrageous if he won (although it would be a huge risk).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 26 Sep 2012, 3:00 pm

I hope GBP do feed Khan to Lucas and he retires like Az called for him to do.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 26 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I hope GBP do feed Khan to Lucas and he retires like Az called for him to do.

I must be in your head. Sorry mate, I'm not gay. But last word.....shoo!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 26 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I hope GBP do feed Khan to Lucas and he retires like Az called for him to do.

I must be in your head. Sorry mate, I'm not gay. But last word.....shoo!

you-shoo!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 28 Sep 2012, 5:38 pm

Paul McCloskey now being mooted by the Beeb. Would make more sense and would probably sell easily enough along the lines of "unfinished business".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19756837

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 28 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

Much more sensible choice. And great choice of trainer for Khan Virgil Hunter. Great move.

He won't fight Matthysse of course.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 6:25 pm

trottb wrote:Paul McCloskey now being mooted by the Beeb. Would make more sense and would probably sell easily enough along the lines of "unfinished business".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19756837

No,no,no this man should never be anywhere above euro level. Please don't let this be true!

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:48 pm

matthysse will annihilate khan, as he would every other LW, he is the next star in my eyes, and think if he'd got fair results against alexander and judah he would be considered the top dog now.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Heard this earlier. Jeezus, khan must be desperate for mobey. Won't fight in America because nobody likes him, can't fill a phone booth, so comes home to "his country" with his tail between his legs and picks a chump who he said he would "never rematch" just because he has no fanbase so has to sponge off the Irish haha. He's more of a joke that I thought
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

McCloskey was badly exposed by Corely, but it is a logical fight for Khan. McCloskey has no power and Khan will win at least by at least a comfortable points margin. MAkes sense to me, altho no way will I be watching it

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:47 pm

Terrible fight first time around. Only boring Khan fight in a long series of exciting ones. Wouldn't care to see it again.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

If true it's an absolute let-down, even after two defeats he can't surely go down to that level again. I certainly won't watch this - awful fight.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:47 am

Does anybody care about Khan now???

I'll care again when he fights someone who's slapped him..

It's an ever growing list..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

His new trainer stated that he wanted Khan to avoid big punchers for the next couple of fights at least.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 1:50 pm

Carlos Molina announced as Khans next opp in Dec according to SSN.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 29 Sep 2012, 2:04 pm

Yeah, I suppose Hunter has stamped his authority which is for the best. Khans got too much bottle and not nearly enough sense Laugh. Its like Herbie hide picking George Foreman for an opponent

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next