The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Stats From Both Federer And Nadal In 2012

Go down

Great Stats From Both Federer And Nadal In 2012 Empty Great Stats From Both Federer And Nadal In 2012

Post by hawkeye Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

Found these stats on the ATP site. It ranks all the players in terms of their match stats so far this year. I thought it was quite useful to see how the top four compare with each other so I put them in order. For example for 1st serve points won Federer ranks the highest of the top four so I've listed him first and Murray the lowest so I've listed him last. The figure in brackets is their overall ranking. I posted this elsewhere in response to a question about who was the best player this year. But I think they are even more interesting in reference to Federer and Nadal.

1st serve points won

Federer(4th) Nadal(17th) Djokovic(19th) Murray(24th)

2nd serve points won

Federer(1st) Djokovic(2nd) Nadal(3rd) Murray(12th)

Break points saved

Nadal(4th) Federer(7th) Murray(9th) Djokovic(12th)

Service games won

Federer(3rd) Nadal(4th) Djokovic(5th) Murray(19th)

1st serve return points won

Nadal(1st) Djokovic(2nd) Murray(8th) Federer(17th)

2nd serve return points won

Murray(1st) Djokovic(2nd) Nadal(3rd) Federer(17th)

Break points converted

Nadal(1st) Djokovic(5th) Federer(22nd) Murray(28th)

Return games won

Nadal(1st) Djokovic(2nd) Murray(4th) Federer(14th)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/09/Feature/RICOH-MatchFacts-Federer-Djokovic-Murray-Nadal-In-Own-League.aspx

Of all the categories listed apart from 2nd serve points won either Nadal or Federer rank first out of the top 4. Crucially Federer tops both the 1st serve points won and the service games won category and Nadal tops the 1st serve return points won and return games won category. From the stats they both look like pretty impressive and consistent players. Also they appear to have contrasting strengths and weaknesses. I can imagine if these two players played a match it would be amazing...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down