The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm

+25
HERSH
Casartelli
kingjohn7
glamorganalun
wales606
Cari
123skelm
21st Century Schizoid Man
munkian
maestegmafia
thebluesmancometh
Cryptoyourisan
tigertattie
Smirnoffpriest
Dorothy_Mantooth
XR
Luckless Pedestrian
doctornickolas
RDW
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
EST
Manky-Flanker
George Carlin
Kingshu
Scot Abroad
29 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm Empty Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm

Post by Scot Abroad Mon 01 Oct 2012, 5:42 pm

Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors

When: Sat 6th October 6:30pm
Where: Cardiff Arms Park

Teams
Cardiff Blues: TBA

Glasgow Warriors: TBA

Warriors without DTH for 6 weeks, something that I'm sure will please the Blues fans on the board. Poor performances from both teams at the weekend and they'll be looking to make amends this week.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm Empty Re: Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm

Post by Scot Abroad Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:04 am

61 views and noone wants to comment. Ok I don't mind double posting.

Glasgow team I'd like to see

15 Hogggggggg Very Happy
14 Seymour
13 Dunbar
12 Horne
11 SLamont
10 Weir
9 Kennedy

1 Grant
2 Gillies
3 Cusack
4 Swinson
5 Kellock
6 McDonald
7 Fusaro
8 Strauss

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm Empty Re: Cardiff Blues vs Glasgow Warriors Sat 6th Oct 6:30pm

Post by Kingshu Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:03 am

So far
Glasgow Warriors;
Lost to Ulster, Scarlets, wins over Ospreys, Connacht and Zebre.
Cardiff Blues;
Beat Connacht, Dragons and Terviso lost to Edinburgh and Ulster.

4th and 5th in table, on equal points, Cardiff won't have been happy about last week and will be out to prove they are better than that, but the exact same thing can be said about Glasgow.

Both teams appear close, going to go with a close Glasgow home win, as when to evenly matched teams meet, its normally the home team that edge it.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

Moray Low is out for 8-10 weeks, which is a real p!sser - medial ligament tear apparently, which is not good for a prop.

Scot Abroad - don't worry about the non-posting lurkers out there. They appreciate your good work. They just do it silently.

Absolutely no idea about this one. I think the forwards and backline you've posted are good. I pray only that Hogg hasn't come back too soon and is playing because Dan VDM is out. Toonie's revolving door selection experiment has hopefully left his system now because we need to take the Blues very seriously, especially with Roberts back.

Blues have had no consistency at all. I've only watched a full game of theirs against Edinburgh where they were very disappointing and could have gone down by much more - but everyone knows that they're much better than that.

Their front row will have their hands full as the Glasgow front row is shaping to be huge and pretty fearsome. Swinson and Kellock need to up the ante in the set piece and McDonald needs to start justifying his big reputation. Strauss looked short of only match fitness and sharpness in the last game and looks like he will be a blue-chip asset.

Looking forward to it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:28 am

Think that starting line up is good. It will be interesting to see if Kennedy is given the nod this week. I think he earned the right to start against Cardiff, but can imagine Pyrgos being named ( Matawalu will be keen to get some game time too).

In the forwards, I suspect we may see Barclay involved. Strauss will surely start again too.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:34 am

This should be a very close game. I like your team Scot Abroad, and would go with that.

Interesting to see who Townsend plays at 9, I would start with Kennedy again after his great performance against Zebre, but I suspect we may see Pyrgos.

The injuries sustained by the Glasgow squad are now pretty severe, especially in the front row; if we loose Cusak, we are hooped!

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:37 am

A must win fixture for both sides, with home advantage surely favouring the Blouses?

Glasgow's injury list makes for sorry reading - with the majority of those available, think Glasgow would be in a strong position, but as it is, real worries in the front row, no THs left

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:17 pm

Would really like to see Barclay back - Fozzy's finest hour was most definitely not his last match. Much too young to captain, regardless of the esteem in which he is held as a player by his colleagues.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

The Weedge have got to attack their scrum - it is one of the worst in the Rabbo.

Jamie Roberts will be coming into some match fitness too so, unless Townsend picks Morrison, the centres will have to step up their defence to deal with his power.

Very winable for the Weedge!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

I wonder if we will see Dunbar move to 12, to combat Roberts? I reckon he is best placed there anyway, but Horne has been showing some nice touches.

I really hope Weir is fit - anybody know if this is likely?

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Losing Tovey and Patchell is a big blow for the Blues and means we swill see Sweeney back at 10 for the next month at least.

However unless our front 5 man up a bit we are in the cack anyway. Every team will have noted how poor the Blues front row is and will target it because it is easy field position and penalties. I fully expect Glasgow to do this.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 03 Oct 2012, 7:18 am

DoctorNick - I'm honestly not WUMMing but can you (or any other Blues fans) explain why the Blues have tight 5 problems this year? It's not something that I'd usually associate with the team.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 03 Oct 2012, 8:47 am

I'm tipping Glasgow for this one. The Blues haven't made the best of starts back at the Arms Park and were lucky to get an away win against the Dragons - we gifted them their try.

Am I still bitter about it? Yes!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 03 Oct 2012, 9:04 am

George Carlin wrote:DoctorNick - I'm honestly not WUMMing but can you (or any other Blues fans) explain why the Blues have tight 5 problems this year? It's not something that I'd usually associate with the team.

We never really had much of a scrum anyway but it just seems this year it's been more of a focus point, maybe people didn't want to slate a front row with Saint Gethin in it. We've always struggled against good scrummaging teams, like Northampton for example, so it's not news to me. Our front row was solid against Treviso, so we naturally changed it to face Ulster and got battered up front.

But on the other hand, our lineout has improved thumbsup

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:35 am

Glasgow -

Murchie
Seymour
Dunbar
Horne
Lamont

Jackson
Pygros

Reid
Hall
Cusack
Ryder
Kellock
Strauss
Barclay
Wilson

Replacements
Gillies
Fainga'anuku
Grant
Swinson
Fusaro
Matawalu
McGuigan
Hogg

Still no Weir! Considering the injuries a decent enough team. However unless Jackson improves dramatically I can't see us getting anything from this one.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:36 am

Is that 2 looseheads on the bench?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:52 am

I think so, RDW - good strong bench, mind, with the likes of Grant, Swinson, Matawalu, Fusaro and Hogg to come on and do some damage later on OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:54 am

Any news on the Blues lineup? It should be a good backrow and halfback battle either way.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:56 am

Reckon Robinson is trying to see if Grant can do a shift at tighthead?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:00 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Reckon Robinson is trying to see if Grant can do a shift at tighthead?
Possibly, but I hope that it is only in extremis - don't want to see Chunk in navy blue, or white with saltire, again - Grant and Welsh are the future, Chunk the past.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Reckon Robinson is trying to see if Grant can do a shift at tighthead?

Just think we are selecting the only props we have left.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:55 am

If you believe the BBC, Cardiff Blues are only starting with 14 players. Bit over confident to drop a backrower.

TEAM NEWS
Cardiff Blues: Leigh Halfpenny; Harry Robinson, Gavin Evans, Jamie Roberts, Tom James; Ceri Sweeney, Lloyd Williams; Campese Ma'afu, Rhys Williams, Benoit Bourrust, James Down, Lou Reed, Rory Watts-Jones, Andries Pretorius.
Replacements: Marc Breeze, Taufa'ao Filise, Scott Andrews, Macauley Cook, Robin Copeland, Lewis Jones, Gareth Davies, Dan Fish.

Glasgow Warriors: Peter Murchie, Tommy Seymour, Alex Dunbar, Peter Horne, Sean Lamont, Ruaridh Jackson, Henry Pyrgos, Gordon Reid, Dougie Hall, Mike Cusack, Tom Ryder, Al Kellock (capt), Josh Strauss, John Barclay, Ryan Wilson.
Replacements: Finlay Gillies, Ofa Fainga'anuku, Ryan Grant, Tim Swinson, Chris Fusaro, Niko Matawalu, Byron McGuigan, Stuart Hogg.

Referee: Giuseppe Vivarini (FIR)

Assistant Referees: Tim Hayes, Phil Fear (both WRU)

Citing Commissioner: Denis Jones (WRU)

TMO: Tony Rowlands (WRU)

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:58 am

Thanks Dot.

Hogg on the bench. Hopefully he'll get half an hour at least as we need him sharper for the Heiney. Lovely to see Barclay back too. Thought that Wilson was carrying an injury, but that shows what I know. I assume that Strauss is packing down on the blind? Sweeney is going to have to look lively with Strauss and Barclay bearing down on him.

That's a huge impact bench from forwards perspective. Fainga'anuku and Grant will be able to bring massive front row pressure if they come on with half an hour to do and Swinson/Fozzy as impact subs should also do just that.

Not very impressed with Henry lately and so we need to get our favourite Fijian on in the second half at least.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:06 pm

Risca Rev wrote:If you believe the BBC, Cardiff Blues are only starting with 14 players. Bit over confident to drop a backrower.

TEAM NEWS
Cardiff Blues: Leigh Halfpenny; Harry Robinson, Gavin Evans, Jamie Roberts, Tom James; Ceri Sweeney, Lloyd Williams; Campese Ma'afu, Rhys Williams, Benoit Bourrust, James Down, Lou Reed, Rory Watts-Jones, Andries Pretorius.
Replacements: Marc Breeze, Taufa'ao Filise, Scott Andrews, Macauley Cook, Robin Copeland, Lewis Jones, Gareth Davies, Dan Fish.

Bit cocky of them definately! I mean I know Warbs is a bit out of form, but you'd need to be a fool to think no-one is better than having him on the pitch Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:10 pm

the 10's are going to be the key here!

If Jackson is going to step up surely it is going to be against Sweeney!

I see the game coming down to which 10 has the least worst game!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:16 pm

Is Duncan Weir injured then?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:31 pm

tigertattie wrote:the 10's are going to be the key here!

If Jackson is going to step up surely it is going to be against Sweeney!

I see the game coming down to which 10 has the least worst game!

Bang on, Jackson has been very poor with the boot; judging by Cardiff's scrum this season, we could have a number of kick-able penalties - on this form, I wouldn't bet on Jackson getting a good %.

The Glasgow backrow is very powerful, I hadn't even considered playing Strauss at 6, will be interesting to see how gets on.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:34 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Is Duncan Weir injured then?

Knee injury. Scott Wight isn't in the Glasgow team for this week so Horne will be covering stand-off if Jackson gets crocked/plays horrendously again. I'm hopeful that Horne will have kicking duties from the outset seeing as Jackson's kicking at goal and from hand is up there with the worst in the league. I think if the kicking duties went to someone else, it might let him concentrate on the other aspects of his game that are actually pretty good.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

I think the Weedge just need to do what Edinburgh managed to do - dominate up front and kick your goals when you get them.

The first part I'm confident that pack could do (particularly in the scrums), but the latter part I'm not so sure about.

Edinburgh also managed to balls up spectacularly 2 fairly straightforward try scoring opportunities and Glasgow have got to take whatever they get.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

RDW

This is a different Blues front row mind, Borrust and Mafu havn't been seen much, and the little I have seen has been very good come scrum time. Fillisse has been a problem, compounded by Trevett and they both started most games this season. Davies is a loss but anyone expecting pen tries from the scrum and Glasgow domination may not get what they want...

Although with a 3rd choice non fit 10, the kicking duel should be one sided, but at goal 1/2p is one of the best on planet.

IMO tough game that a Blues bench is going to pip

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Both teams need a win, to get their seasons back on a better footing. Strong Blues side there, nice to see Halfpenny fit again.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Blues have had Bath training with them for a couple of days. Nigel Owens reffed a game between them. Unusual but good idea like
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:12 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:RDW

This is a different Blues front row mind, Borrust and Mafu havn't been seen much, and the little I have seen has been very good come scrum time. Fillisse has been a problem, compounded by Trevett and they both started most games this season. Davies is a loss but anyone expecting pen tries from the scrum and Glasgow domination may not get what they want...

Although with a 3rd choice non fit 10, the kicking duel should be one sided, but at goal 1/2p is one of the best on planet.

IMO tough game that a Blues bench is going to pip

Fair enough! OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

munkian

not IMO, mid week full contact against another club = asking for trouble.

There is no way to tell how that will impact on the body or mind come 60 minutes on saturday, it's been a trial, one we'll know has worked come full time possibly

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:20 pm

Was it bone on bone ? Thats a bit mad there Ted
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:24 pm

Not sure of the exact details but they mustve been doing full with a referee involved, I can see how the Blues pack would have wanted to scrummage against James and co but the rest of the team wouldve got nothing but a confidence boost from number 6 onwards.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 05 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

Where the hell is Sean Kennedy after his sparkling debut last week ?

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:32 am

Interesting article by the estimable Allan Massie in the Hootsman where he states that kicker is the most important player in modern rugby and with reference to Jackson his best is better than Laidlaw and Weir, but his worst is worse. Need to agree after last week's display by RJ. Horne should therefore kick this evening as he looked pretty cool with the winning penalty v Zebre. Admittedly it was in front of the sticks but RJ has missed those too! Fingers Crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:56 pm

Blues will be glad to have Halfpennys boot back on the pitch.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 123skelm Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:25 pm

Both Laidlaw & Weir are so far in front of RJ, IT REALLY IS A PITY WEIR IS injured as this will mean RJ getting into the next tests but more importantly we miss him for our endeavors.

Just hope meatball gets back soon.

When oh When was RJ so much better than the other two?

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:15 pm

Meatball ? ? ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:36 pm

Evening All mug

Blooz have got a couple of familiar faces back - Halfapee, Sweeney...they could do with a win tonight.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:36 pm

Good phase play from the Blues, patient build up - pity about the knock on

Time to see what Bourrust can do...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

Penalty to Glasgow at the first scrum Doh

Add least they don't look completely outclassed like last week.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:39 pm

Please could someone PM me a good link for game?
Am struggling for good coverage, unusually.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

Anyone know why Warburton isnt playing?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

Campese looks good

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

George Carlin wrote:Please could someone PM me a good link for game?
Am struggling for good coverage, unusually.

Can you not get the S4C stream online?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:42 pm

Is somebody trying to kill Sweeney. Come on, we are already on our 3rd choice FH...if Gareth Davies has to start I won't be happy.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:42 pm

George - if you're based in the UK (or can get UK proxy server) you can watch S4C live here:
http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_live.shtml

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next