The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KevinSinfield-Man of Steel

3 posters

Go down

KevinSinfield-Man of Steel Empty KevinSinfield-Man of Steel

Post by Mehrts is god Mon 01 Oct 2012, 11:49 pm

KevinSinfield-Man of Steel 3768075377 Can somebody tell me why Kevin Sinfield has never been nominated for Man Of Steel? Year after year he guides/leads his beloved Rhinos to title after title,never lets his country down when selected,yet is constantly overlooked for the Man of Steel. Who organises the nominees for this award and do they have something against Sinfield?In my eyes the bloke is a legend and deserves this award many times over

Mehrts is god

Back to top Go down

KevinSinfield-Man of Steel Empty Re: KevinSinfield-Man of Steel

Post by Kenny Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:06 pm

I completley agree , it's a mystery as to why Sinfield hasn't been in the running for Man of Steel .

The only thing i can think and it's probably wrong , but he just goes about his business quietly he doesn't seem to make a fuss , he's not thrust in your face by Sky ever match like Tomkins Roby or Chase are
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:31 pm

Sinfield, a player and a bloke who I've always admired, 'suffers' (if that's the right word) from being the Paul Scholes of rugby league; he seldom has an incredible series of highs followed by relative lows, but rather just stays at one particular peak all season, year after year. A peak which sees him performing better than ninety-odd percent of other Super League players, but never quite being the absolute cream of the crop, even if other players do only reach that latter status for a short amount of time.

Being harsh, you could say that while he's collectively and overall been the best player in Super League since the careers of Farrell and Sculthorpe wound down, it's a simple reality that he's never dominated any particular season the way those two did now and then, and as such can have no complaints about never winning the Man of Steel gong.

But as I said, that would be a harsh judgement, somewhat. He's been an absolutely fantastic player for years, a superb leader of the Rhinos and will rightly be remembered as one of the greatest players these shores have ever seen, with or without a Man of Steel to his name.

Just as Lockyer's lack of a Dally M award doesn't take away from what a phenomenal player he was, nor will Sinfield's lack of big individual honours.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 02 Oct 2012, 4:22 pm

Very good points Chris clap
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content