The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :)

Go down

Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :) Empty Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:51 am

James DeGale, the regaining European Champion!!!

Moving from one of the biggest and well known promoters to one of the "biggest" and known promoter for holding world title fights on the internet. Moving to bigger and better things just like old Tyse!!

Heard him on the Bunce Show trying to mention this opponent as a serious challenge without laughing

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=480479

DeGale says "he is ranked 15th by the EBU, so hes a tough tough boi"

Yea, hes a Terminator alright, nearly as good as.....wait for it.......Paul Smith, who is ranked 9th!!!

Woeful matchmaking once again, will provide nothing for DeGale in which we already know he can do against tincans like this.

Mick Hennessy's path to bigger and better things, watch this space............

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :) Empty Re: Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :)

Post by mobilemaster8 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

But do you not think that to look good against a top 15 opponent on terrestrial TV is good for business? If he comes back and struggles against a world ranked opponent and scrapes a win, he wont be bringing many fans back. However, on the flip side, looking good against a "decent" level fighter could be a good thing for him. His last few fights have been tough and i think this kid needs a break. I just hope he does not follow Furys footsteps in CONSTANTLY taking on absolute bums and justifying it.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :) Empty Re: Hey James, welcome to the bigger and better Tyson Fury path :)

Post by Rowley on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

Genuine question reborn, do you have anything positive to say about any boxer? So much negativity, am not going to argue this is one to get the pulses racing but he is coming off a split with his promoter and masses of inactivity, surely this is about looking good, blowing away the cobwebs and getting some momentum going.

You need to take more joy in life reborn, do some voluntary work or join a rambling club or something, really is time to turn that frown upside down

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

Ok Jeff, duely noted....
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

You'll thank me for it reborn, get out of the house occasionally, the Irish countryside is lovely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:32 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:But do you not think that to look good against a top 15 opponent on terrestrial TV is good for business? If he comes back and struggles against a world ranked opponent and scrapes a win, he wont be bringing many fans back. However, on the flip side, looking good against a "decent" level fighter could be a good thing for him. His last few fights have been tough and i think this kid needs a break. I just hope he does not follow Furys footsteps in CONSTANTLY taking on absolute bums and justifying it.

I know it will look good to the masses by making a fool out of such a poor opponent, but isn't Hennessy being built a reputation on matching Eubank Jr with tough opponents, and he is only a beginner....DeGale is supposed to be fighting at a European Level and with 13 fights has tons more experience. A year out of the ring is an excuse to go back to fighting chumps like this?

If his next fight after this against a top 5 EBU ranked fighter, I promise I will be happy lol
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

All smells like hate to me

First of all he his new promoter now has a deal with chanel 5, meaning everyone can watch him and not just boxnation subscribers.

Second of all he is one of 3 good fighters to leave warren ..

Thirdly he is moving to a promoter who took lead froch to become twice super middle weight champ..

Forthly he fought once this year back in april while dealing with court cases while still only being a 13 fight pro.. Why woulld he take on a top contender?

Fithly, Paul Smith was British champ.. Which is a reasonable level opponent for a guy who,s only just brokke into double figures fight wise..

Its obviously a fight to get him back in there and get ready for work next year.

Degale has the talent to entertain, the name to attract and a promoter who will get him alot of fights, who has led one of Brittains best fighters to two world titles in that division and who now had a deal with chanel 5..

Cant see a problem personally.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:41 am

You wouldn't say that if you lived here Jeff!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:45 am

rowley wrote:You'll thank me for it reborn, get out of the house occasionally, the Irish countryside is lovely.

But inner city Belfast is not.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:46 am

I don't hate DeGale!!!! Where have I stated that, personally I think he has the tools to be a world champion, easy.

The hate you are smelling is for the fat bloke who held Froch vs Taylor on a website.

I just wish DeGale would get a move on, he has been a pro for 4 years now, has a "major..ish" belt and personally, I would like to see him fighting better opposition than this, I have already seen him fight guys like this for the first couple of years.

He seems to have lost a lil bit of the silliness as well which is great, so, just stating again. I just hope this path isn't another Fury one.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

6oldenbhoy wrote:
rowley wrote:You'll thank me for it reborn, get out of the house occasionally, the Irish countryside is lovely.

Maybe if Jeff had a walk through Falls Park on a friday night he would change his tune mate lol
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:

Maybe if Jeff had a walk through Falls Park on a friday night he would change his tune mate lol

They'd love me mate, I have a personal magnetism and charisma that is hard to resist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:19 pm

Sad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I don't hate DeGale!!!! Where have I stated that, personally I think he has the tools to be a world champion, easy.

The hate you are smelling is for the fat bloke who held Froch vs Taylor on a website.

I just wish DeGale would get a move on, he has been a pro for 4 years now, has a "major..ish" belt and personally, I would like to see him fighting better opposition than this, I have already seen him fight guys like this for the first couple of years.

He seems to have lost a lil bit of the silliness as well which is great, so, just stating again. I just hope this path isn't another Fury one.
i

Back in April Degale defended his belt, 6 months after he won it.

After the fight he said very clearly that he needs to be fighting 4 or 5 times a year, clearly this has jot been the case and he has since left warren.

You cant assess a fighters development over years but in the ring. After his 12th pro fight the guy is euro champ. How on earth can anyone complane?

He has the tools to be a great fighter but still showing one or two weaknesses, as someone who would like him to go all the way i think to rush him would be bad management and clumsy.

While doing well in his last two fights there bave been weaknesses which for me means he is not yet ready for the big guys..

Let him shake off the cob webs, get 1 or 2 euro level fights, then im sure he will be able to give the top guys alot of problems.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

rowley wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:

They'd love me mate, I have a personal magnetism and charisma that is hard to resist.

What do you mean "they'd"??

There is no they.......only an "it" ghost
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:50 pm

I meant the good folk of Falls Park reborn, as I have literally no idea what or where Falls Park is I just assumed it was a bit rough, hence why I would not want to go there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

rowley wrote:I meant the good folk of Falls Park reborn, as I have literally no idea what or where Falls Park is I just assumed it was a bit rough, hence why I would not want to go there.

I think it's where they wear the dutch football kit and set fire to things.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

rowley wrote:I meant the good folk of Falls Park reborn, as I have literally no idea what or where Falls Park is I just assumed it was a bit rough, hence why I would not want to go there.

I think that's the first time the words "Good" and "Falls Park" have been used in the same sentence. They eat their young in that neck of the woods.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:27 pm

Again! When have I said I wanted him to fight the big guys in the division!?

What I'm saying is.....

Ah forget it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:30 pm

I don't like the opponent for Degale, but to be honest, it is a fight on channel five after goodness knows how long doing nothing. I was rewatching Degales last fight and I am not sure he will make it to the top. His defence is leaky man, that bum 37 year old was tagging him nicely in first three rounds, just had no power. Also, Degale seems to have no real power, might be because he is a southpaw, and they tend not to look like punchers, but his jab seemed incredibly soft. I know he dropped that guy and stopped him, but I don't think they were due to Degale's power as much as they were due to exhaustion, age and general can't be botheredness.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:20 pm

Not really heard anything Alma, you cannot really work out if Mick is genuinely trying to step him up or doing Frank’s old trick of throwing big names about before delivering rubbish and claiming everyone turned the gig down. Suspect if there was a genuine desire to get a decent name for Fury it is possible because he is decent enough but is not a guy who sends shivers down the spine.

The fear is Mick has missed the boat a bit, you have to think when Fury beat Chisora would have been the time to step him up as his stock was pretty high and he would have been seen as a bit of a name and a scalp. My own view is Fury is like a lot of heavyweights, being held back a bit until one or more of the Klitschko’s retires and some of the belts are up for grabs. The problem is the cupboard is that bare at heavy and most everyone of vague competence has been beaten by at least one of the brothers that one decent win over a Chambers or the like puts you pretty much to the top of the queue, really not sure Mick wants Fury in a position where he can’t really turn down a shot just yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:40 pm

rowley wrote:My own view is Fury is like a lot of heavyweights, being held back a bit until one or more of the Klitschko’s retires and some of the belts are up for grabs.

Risky strategy as I don't see Wladimir retiring any time soon. Maybe he will get bored, but whilst he is selling out stadiums and beating up people for huge financial gains and little physical risk, the temptation must be there to continue. Vitali maybe a different story with his political ambitions, but then I could see Wladimir annexing the WBC belt as well.

Fury may well get his large backside handed to him before then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:55 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I don't like the opponent for Degale, but to be honest, it is a fight on channel five after goodness knows how long doing nothing. I was rewatching Degales last fight and I am not sure he will make it to the top. His defence is leaky man, that bum 37 year old was tagging him nicely in first three rounds, just had no power. Also, Degale seems to have no real power, might be because he is a southpaw, and they tend not to look like punchers, but his jab seemed incredibly soft. I know he dropped that guy and stopped him, but I don't think they were due to Degale's power as much as they were due to exhaustion, age and general can't be botheredness.

I think his last opponent was not a bad fighter (ex world champ) but his punch resistance clearly gone.

I agree degale leaves him self open, but i actually think he had good defence but just gets lazy, as if he does not think the other guy can hurt him..

Against WP where he wont the belt, he also got tagged, and once was caught with a smacker which wobbled him. But for the rest of the fight he kept him under control with his jab but he should not have needed the fright to make him get going, and you saw the same sloppyness the last fight..
But he has proven to have a pretty solid chin and i think allthough he does not have one punch KO power, I think his punches are spiteful enough. WP was feeling it and realised degale could not be mowed down, and i think in his last fight his opponent thought he could and did not last long.

I just think when he comes up against top operators with granite chins like froch, he is going to have to have his defence on the ball.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

On watching Bunce last night, I noticed Ricky Burns commenting on how he'd be keen to fight anyone, even Broner in Cincinatti but basically had no say.

Its what I've been saying.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:33 pm

Burns has no say because he has no star appeal and isn't in control of his own career. Much like Cleverly.

It seems to be a theme with Warren fighters, they need to break away from him to get big fights.

Imagine Eddie Hearn telling Carl Froch who he had to fight....

There are fighters like Burns who have no choice, but not all fighters are this way. Lets just pray the WBO announce Broner as their mandatory real soon.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

I thought so as well mate, but it seems that Burns is fighting on December 15th at the Excel....and Broner is fighting elsewhere.

But as we seen with Cleverly, Warren has a habit of dodging mandatories. So I still envisage Warren flying to meet the WBO like last time with his puppy dog-Frank Warren and begging for one more voluntary defence.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum