The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Gloucester.

+10
HongKongCherry
sirtidychris
Cumbrian
aitchw
Beaker
thebluesmancometh
LondonTiger
Geordie
maestegmafia
BristolTaff
14 posters

Go down

Well done Gloucester. Empty Well done Gloucester.

Post by BristolTaff Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

Good win.

BristolTaff

Back to top Go down

Well done Gloucester. Empty Re: Well done Gloucester.

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:22 pm

Rob Cook's second-half try helped Gloucester turn around a half-time deficit and to a narrow victory over local rivals Bath.
Stephen Donald's try after only 38 seconds gave the visitiors a great start and the half-back added the conversion and a penalty.
Two Freddie Burns kicks closed the gap to 10-6 at half-time.
Cook put Gloucester ahead for the first time and Burns added the extras, as well as a drop goal, to seal the win.
The visitors have now won only once in the last 10 meetings against their near neighbours, who move up to fourth in the Premiership table.
Bath had a dream start to the local derby as Donald went over within the first minute.
The New Zealand international, who kicked the winning penalty in the 2011 World Cup final, received a pass from Michael Claassens and ran 40 metres after his own clever dummy, and then added the conversion.
Bath had a Kyle Eastmond try disallowed after Nick Abendanon was adjudged to have stepped out of play.
Donald was successful from 20 metres to push Bath's lead to 10-0, but Freddie Burns responded with his own penalty from Gloucester's first chance on the half-hour mark.
The fly-half landed his second accurate kick two minutes later as the hosts closed the gap to four points at the break.
Burns missed the chance to reduce the arrears to one point four minutes after half-time with an unsuccesful penalty.
Gloucester were then on the wrong end of a Television Match Official (TMO) decision as Shame Monahan's try was disallowed for double movement.
The TMO was needed just minutes later, but this time Cook's try in the corner was given the green light and Gloucester went 13-10 ahead as Burns kicked the extras.
Burns' drop goal gave the home side some breathing space and Gloucester then held firm under some late Bath pressure to seal a memorable victory.
LINE-UPS

Gloucester: Cook; Monahan, Trinder, Twelvetrees, Simpson-Daniel; Burns, Robson; Wood, Edmonds, Harden; Savage, Hamilton (capt); Kalamafoni, Qera, Morgan.
Replacements: Britton, Murphy, Knight, James, Evans, Cowan, Tindall, Thomas.
Bath: Abendanon; Eastmond, Hipkiss, Vesty, Biggs; Donald, Claassens; James, Mears (capt), Wilson; Day, Attwood; Fearns, Skirving, Taylor.
Replacements: Batty, Catt, Perenise, Spencer, Skuse, McMillan, Devoto, Cuthbert.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:24 pm

I thought this game was going to be an open running affaire. THe weather is superb, even though the pitch is a bit soft.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:26 pm

Sone interesting scores around aswell. Saints and Quine getting beat.

Looks like burns continued his fine form. Who won the pack battle

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

maestegmafia wrote:I thought this game was going to be an open running affaire. THe weather is superb, even though the pitch is a bit soft.

Bath are not an open running team though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Sone interesting scores around aswell. Saints and Quine getting beat.

Looks like burns continued his fine form. Who won the pack battle

Saints getting hammered. Even Ozzy had predicted a comfortable saints win.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

Ive been out all day what were the scores?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

Quins and Saints got absolutely hammered...!!!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaker Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:56 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Ive been out all day what were the scores?

Glos v Bath 16 - 10

Irish v Saints - 39 - 17

Chiefs v Quins - 42 - 28

Beaker

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

Weakened squads pre HC?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

Exeter 42 - 28 (16 - 18) Harlequins
EX Tries:
Sturgess, White, Shoemark 2, Naqelevuki

Quins Tries:
Evans, Monye, Dickson
Penalties:
Steenson 3 Penalties:
Evans 2, Clegg
Conversions:
Steenson 4 Conversions:
Evans, Clegg

Gloucester 16 - 10 (6 - 10) Bath
GLO Tries:
Cook
BTH Tries:
Donald
Penalties:
Burns 2 Penalties:
Donald
Drop-goals:
Burns
Conversions:
Burns Conversions:
Donald

London Irish 39 - 17 (18 - 0) Northampton
LI Tries:
Joseph, Paice, O'Leary, Gibson
SNTS Tries:
Pisi, Dowson
Penalties:
Shingler 4 Penalties:
Myler
Drop-goals:
Humphreys
Conversions:
Shingler 2 Conversions:
Myler 2

Friday, 5 October 2012

Sale 8 - 20 (8 - 6) Leicester
Tries:
Miller Tries:
Youngs
Penalties:
MacLeod Penalties:
Ford 5

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Weakened squads pre HC?

Quins rotated a couple of players (Marler and Care), Saints just had injured players missing. So no, not really weakened squads.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:27 pm

Few more results from the lower placed sides and this Premiership will open right up. Could be a great year...!!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:35 pm

Geordie, Burns didn't have that good a game, made some mistakes, some poor kicking out of hand. Don't get me wrong he didn't have a mare or anything but it wasn't a performance to impress. Bath got lost after a good opening spell and Glaws got a bit of rythm into their game and kept at it. They were unlucky to be denied a try by a poor touch judge decision It was one that you wish had gone to the TMO because it was the result of some outstanding skill.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:51 pm

There were some good performances. I was impressed with the Glos hooker Huia Edmonds, he seemed to have good feet and was very busy around the park. Sione Kalamafoni was deserved MOTM, what an inspired signing he has been. Ben Morgan looked good in bits and pieces as did Dan Robson (I though things got worse when Cowan came off the bench). The substitutions in the front row were decent too. For my money, Shaun Knight is already a better scrummager than Harden. I thought Burns, Twelvetrees and Trinder were fairly hit and miss, but Shane Monahan, JSD and Rob Cook looked dangerous.

For Bath I thought Fearns really stood out. He looked like he has really worked on his fitness and was very powerful in the carry and in defence. Attwood looked a little better too, he absoloutely pole axed Trinder with a hand off at one point. Biggs was excellent, his defence kept Bath in the game and he always looked dangerous. Davey Wilson held his own in the scrum and made some barging runs. Kyle Eastomond looked when he got into the game, he's making baby steps but he has definite potential. Stephen Donald played pretty well too.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:27 pm

Thanks for the player watch cumbrian sounds like fearns is really starting to string a number of impressive games together...shame it is at 6 where we have a glutton of talent and not 8. For whoever watched the game with only 6 points in it I wonder I'd bath would have won if Barkley was playing?

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:11 pm

sirtidychris wrote:Thanks for the player watch cumbrian sounds like fearns is really starting to string a number of impressive games together...shame it is at 6 where we have a glutton of talent and not 8. For whoever watched the game with only 6 points in it I wonder I'd bath would have won if Barkley was playing?

I doubt it. Donald actually played pretty well and didn't miss a kick.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:19 am

I agree with HKC, Donald played his best game so far for Bath. Also, Bath were somewhat lucky to be within six points. Gloucester had a perfectly good try ruled out and survived through some heroic defence.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:58 am

Donald was knackered 15 minutes into the second half - how can anyone think Barkley wouldn't have made a difference when Vesty was playing at 12?! Shocked

It was obvious the coaching staff didn't have the confidence to put Devoto on with 30 minutes to play, and that was justified quite clearly when he did come on for his "rabbit in the headlights" cameo. Barkley would have been a massive addition to Bath yesterday.

Bath dominated the first half but still lack the cutting edge in midfield that can make all the difference in games such as this. Glaws can consider themselves extremely lucky that Bath didn't convert their early dominance into points as it could have been more or less over at half time.

In the end, it was a fair result and congratulations must be offered to Glaws for their ability to close the game down after clawing their way back into it. Bath's forwards were very good again, and considering the pack were going to get bullied off the park - well that just didn't happen

With personnel missing from the front row, second row and back row, Bath will have a competitive pack in depth when all are available.

They must find a couple of great centres to take this team any further forward than their current standing of potential 6th/7th place finishers, though, and I'm going to back the current coaching set up to have those lined up come January.

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:14 am

I think Biggs had a huge game. Work rate was incredible. He seemed to be everywhere. Good player.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

Strange game, expected a bit more from my side but the relentless kicking back to Bath was driving me mad. When we actually went through the phases we looked good but didn't do it nearly enough. Maybe Cowan can help to unleash what is clearly a very talented group of backs.

Burns didn't have a great game by his usual standards, Cook and Monahan were excellent though! Don't like moaning, but I did feel like we weren't getting the rub of the green throughout; a lot of high tackles were missed and some dubious TMO decisions made but a win is a win.

Well done to Bath as well, played well and sportingly applauded the shed after the game. Biggs terrifies me whenever he gets the ball.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm

So Fearns yet again puts his hand up to start in the Ai's....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:32 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:
sirtidychris wrote:Thanks for the player watch cumbrian sounds like fearns is really starting to string a number of impressive games together...shame it is at 6 where we have a glutton of talent and not 8. For whoever watched the game with only 6 points in it I wonder I'd bath would have won if Barkley was playing?

I doubt it. Donald actually played pretty well and didn't miss a kick.

He did miss a few tackles though, including in the run up to the Glos try.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down