The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012)

+39
yappysnap
Draigoch
wales606
Cumbrian
Ozzy3213
eirebilly
Dave.
thebluesmancometh
Morgannwg
Pot Hale
LondonTiger
Artful_Dodger
wrfc1980
nathan
Breadvan
EnglishReign
maestegmafia
21st Century Schizoid Man
Hound_of_Harrow
LeinsterFan4life
Smirnoffpriest
Rory_Gallagher
George Carlin
brennomac
Submachine
Dubbelyew L Overate
Suspicious lurker
Feckless Rogue
Effervescing Elephant
red_stag
asoreleftshoulder
rodders
Moorsman
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Mickado
Jenifer McLadyboy
Golden
thebandwagonsociety
43 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012) Empty HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012)

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Exeter get welcomed into the Heineken Cup with a fabulous opening fixture. Definitely a case of being thrown in at the deep end.

Leinster have been slow to kick into gear so far this season. We have been leaking points in all our games and have a good few injury doubts with names like Healy, Quinn Roux, SOB, McLaughlin, Ruddock, Dom Ryan, Boss, BOD, Darcy, O'Malley, Conway, Nacewa, Fitzgerald, Kearney all injuried to some degree or other.

That said, Leinster at home in the HCup I'm going for a Leinster win, Exeter not to get a LBP, and Leinster not to get a TBP!
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Don't forget......afterwards....

Leinster will kick off their British & Irish Cup campaign in Donnybrook on Saturday evening when they welcome Leeds Carnegie (KO: 7pm)...FREE Entry for Leinster Season Ticket Holders...

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : scores)

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012) Empty Re: HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012)

Post by Golden Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Any injury updates from the weekend? Could be a hugely weakened Leinster side taking the field

Golden

Back to top Go down

HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012) Empty Re: HCup Rd1 (Pool 5): Leinster (9) v (6) Exeter Chiefs @ RDS (15:40, Saturday 13 October 2012)

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Don't forget......afterwards....

Leinster will kick off their British & Irish Cup campaign in Donnybrook on Saturday evening when they welcome Leeds Carnegie (KO: 7pm)...FREE Entry for Leinster Season Ticket Holders...

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Expecting something official in the next half an hour. Probably will have to wait until we see the team on Friday to be sure though

Jenifer McLadyboy in the HC thread wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:Leinster have conceded 20 tries in 6 games. More than Zebre. We have loads of injuries. I'm starting to think we'll struggle to get out of the group.

While most of the culprits are not in the HC squad, I am still not feeling confident.

Serious amount of injuries. Thought Exeter at home would be a 5 pointer, but we could lose it the way things are going.

Hope for some good news after lunch on the squad. Rumblings are that we could have Leo C, Bod, Isa, Conway and even Darce, Boss and Rob Kearney.

That would only leave the back row as a major problem.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:58 pm

I'll put it in the OP.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Nice. Could keep us out of the pub until a reasonable hour...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Pint in the Laighean out after the game? Or straight to DB and drink there?

Who knows. Could get messy

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Expecting something official in the next half an hour. Probably will have to wait until we see the team on Friday to be sure though

Jenifer McLadyboy in the HC thread wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:Leinster have conceded 20 tries in 6 games. More than Zebre. We have loads of injuries. I'm starting to think we'll struggle to get out of the group.

While most of the culprits are not in the HC squad, I am still not feeling confident.

Serious amount of injuries. Thought Exeter at home would be a 5 pointer, but we could lose it the way things are going.

Hope for some good news after lunch on the squad. Rumblings are that we could have Leo C, Bod, Isa, Conway and even Darce, Boss and Rob Kearney.

That would only leave the back row as a major problem.

I thought McFadden played pretty well at 12 but I can see him playing wing if Darcy is back and we are missing some back 3 players

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Pint in the Laighean out after the game? Or straight to DB and drink there?

Sure give us a buzz on the day and let me know where you’ll be at, there’s too many of us going to try to organize anything in advance, it’d be like herding cats.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Mickado wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Pint in the Laighean out after the game? Or straight to DB and drink there?

Sure give us a buzz on the day and let me know where you’ll be at, there’s too many of us going to try to organize anything in advance, it’d be like herding cats.

Well if that's the case, the best thing is to take over a section of the stand in Donnybrook. Seating is unreserved.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:18 pm

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon ahead of Saturday afternoon's Heineken Cup Round 1 visit of Exeter Chiefs to the RDS (KO: 3.40pm)...
The medical update is as follows:

Kevin McLaughlin hyper-extended his arm in a tackle early in Saturday's derby contest with Munster but management are hopeful that the Ireland international will be available for this Saturday’s game. With fellow back-rowers Sean O’Brien, Rhys Ruddock and Dominic Ryan all sidelined it is welcome news that scans showed no bone damage and a limited amount of ligament and muscle damage.

Isa Nacewa suffered a haematoma following a collision with Conor Murray and though the injury caused the Leinster man some discomfort it is thought that he will fully recover to take his place in the panel by Friday’s lunchtime team selection.

Brian O’Driscoll, a try scorer in the victory over Munster in the Aviva Stadium, rolled his ankle midway through the second half of the game but it is likely that he too will be available for selection.

Andrew Conway (stinger) will be monitored during the week to determine his availablity for Saturday after he was assisted from the field following an awkward collision.

Ireland quartet Isaac Boss (arm), skipper Leo Cullen (arm), Gordon D’Arcy (rib) and Cian Healy (bicep) are likely to make their returns to the squad after missing Saturday’s win.

Saturday’s game may come a week too soon for Quinn Roux (shoulder) though Rob Kearney (back) is recovering well and the medical team are confident that the Louth full-back will return either this week or for the Round 2 trip to Llanelli.

There are over 17,200 tickets sold for Saturday’s game and tickets are on sale ONLINE

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Excellent.

VDM - Strauss - Ross
Cullen - Toner
McLaughlin - Heaslip - Jennings
Reddan - Sexton
McFadden - DArcy - BOD - Nacewa
Madigan

Cronin - Healy- McGrath - Browne - Murphy - Cooney - Reid - Carr

Not as bad as I expected it to be...

Last edited by Mickado on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Switched starting tightheads)

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm

You have 2 Loose heads on the bench and Reid is not in the HC squad.

Not bad though. Smile

Perhaps Boss for Cooney

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm

VDM - Strauss - Ross
Cullen - Toner
Reddan - Sexton
Carr- McFadden- BOD - Nacewa
Madigan

Cronin - Healy- Hagan- Browne - Murphy - Boss- Darcy - Kearney

Happy with that starting pack. Think McF did well last week in the centre and that selection against Munster might have been prep for this game. Bringing in Darcy and Kearney to the starting lineup could be tricky. Especially with BOD and Nacewa nursing knocks. So keep Kearney and Darcy on the bench, Carr takes the wing spot. Madigan covers number 10, McF covers wing positions, Kearney covers 15 and wings. Give Boss some time off the bench. Unless Hagan is injured, I'd expect him at TH on the bench in front of McGrath.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Very excited about this one, our first foray into the European big time, and up against the reigning champions on their turf to boot - not sure it gets any bigger than that! To cap it all, sounds like Leinster will have the majority of their stars back for this one too - so no great expectations in terms of result, but would like to see us play much as we did against Quins last Saturday - high intensity, brutal at the breakdown, quick offloads, great support lines and plenty of pace and width on the ball when chances are available. Give me that, and the score won't matter (obviously other than keeping the gap to less than Barf managed last season!). Yup, v excited guinness

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Moorsman Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 pm

another v excited Chief here Chief flying out to Dublin along with a few more of The Tribe. Could be noisy, could be messy but what the heck it's going to be fun Yahoo I hope the Leinster guys are fully recovered, wouldn't want any excuses about playing a week side would we Whistle
Moorsman
Moorsman

http://www.thechiefstribe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:VDM - Strauss - Ross
Cullen - Toner
Reddan - Sexton
Carr- McFadden- BOD - Nacewa
Madigan

Cronin - Healy- Hagan- Browne - Murphy - Boss- Darcy - Kearney

Happy with that starting pack. Think McF did well last week in the centre and that selection against Munster might have been prep for this game. Bringing in Darcy and Kearney to the starting lineup could be tricky. Especially with BOD and Nacewa nursing knocks. So keep Kearney and Darcy on the bench, Carr takes the wing spot. Madigan covers number 10, McF covers wing positions, Kearney covers 15 and wings. Give Boss some time off the bench. Unless Hagan is injured, I'd expect him at TH on the bench in front of McGrath.

I like this muchos!

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 am

Surely Cullen will be binding down behind Ross and not Toner?

Very strong looking Leinster side, if the guys are fit.

Was going to call an Exeter upset until I remembered it was at the RDS... Leinster by 12.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 am

rodders wrote:Surely Cullen will be binding down behind Ross and not Toner?

Was going to call an Exeter upset until I remembered it was at the RDS... Leinster by 12.
No. Leo has always been a loose head scrumager. Browne and Roux are on the TH side with Toner happy on either one.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 am

Moorsman wrote:another v excited Chief here Chief flying out to Dublin along with a few more of The Tribe. Could be noisy, could be messy but what the heck it's going to be fun Yahoo I hope the Leinster guys are fully recovered, wouldn't want any excuses about playing a week side would we Whistle
You will be more than welcome Moorsman and the more of your mates the merrier.

There is a B&I cup game v Leeds in Donnybrook (a few hundred yards away) afterwards that we will be going to. Then there is Keilys (Beside Donnybrook) or the Horse show house (Beside the RDS) which will be thronged with Leinster fans.
Loads more pubs in the area too. If you can stay away from the touristy fleshpots of Temple bar.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

No. Leo has always been a loose head scrumager. Browne and Roux are on the TH side with Toner happy on either one.

Really? I thought a major reason that Thorne was signed was because Toner is too lightweight to bind at TH? I'm sure I read a direct quote from Schimdt on that. It's the same with Ryan at Munster, when he plays O'Connell switches sides.

If Toner is binding at TH the Schmidt must feel more confident about his scrummaging work this year.

I would suggest it will weaken Leinster scrum though.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:32 am

rodders wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Really? I thought a major reason that Thorne was signed was because Toner is too lightweight to bind at TH? I'm sure I read a direct quote from Schimdt on that. It's the same with Ryan at Munster, when he plays O'Connell switches sides.

If Toner is binding at TH the Schmidt must feel more confident about his scrummaging work this year.

I would suggest it will weaken Leinster scrum though.

He's far from lightweight but I think he has problems delivering the power his size and strength would suggest because of his height.It's similar to the problems he has had with ball carrying and rucking,he's just gonna have to keep working on his technique and hopefully it'll improve.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am

OK lightweight is not the correct terminology .... Whistle

What I mean is his height and relative sleight frame means he is at a mechanical disadvantage when it comes to the contact, scrummaging etc. Whereas some like Thorn or even Hines has that bulk and power on the TH side to stablise the scrum. I'll try and find that article from Schmidt.....

OK not the one I was looking for (there is one by Schmidt):

http://brendanfanningrugby.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/leinster-line-up-thorn/

"That leaves Damien Browne as their only tight head lock, with Devin Toner beside him, and Kevin McLoughlin offering an option that Joe Schmidt doesn’t use very often. Mark Flanagan is coming through well from the Academy but he too is a loose head scrummager, and at 6’3” Ciaran Ruddock is short of inches.
"

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 am

Tis only Exeter lads. You'll be fine.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Mocker gods, pay no attention to him, he's from Munster!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Too late, Mockers called!
Chief
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 pm

rodders wrote:OK lightweight is not the correct terminology .... Whistle

What I mean is his height and relative sleight frame means he is at a mechanical disadvantage when it comes to the contact, scrummaging etc. Whereas some like Thorn or even Hines has that bulk and power on the TH side to stablise the scrum. I'll try and find that article from Schmidt.....

OK not the one I was looking for (there is one by Schmidt):

http://brendanfanningrugby.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/leinster-line-up-thorn/

"That leaves Damien Browne as their only tight head lock, with Devin Toner beside him, and Kevin McLoughlin offering an option that Joe Schmidt doesn’t use very often. Mark Flanagan is coming through well from the Academy but he too is a loose head scrummager, and at 6’3” Ciaran Ruddock is short of inches.
"

As with any 6'11" lock, what you gain in the lineouts you lose in the scrums. Laws of Physics and leverage etc.

All I can tell you is that when he packs down beside Denton, Leo or his cousin Mark Flanagan, he is on the TH side. Beside Browne or Roux he would be on the LH side.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 pm

It's a strong team considering the injuries.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 am

That would be a decent team that should be strong enough for Saturday. In the long run 5 points is a must from this game and at least 4 from next week as well. We fail to get either of those and this group looks even more difficult

Man the Heineken Cup is great!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:As with any 6'11" lock, what you gain in the lineouts you lose in the scrums. Laws of Physics and leverage etc.

All I can tell you is that when he packs down beside Denton, Leo or his cousin Mark Flanagan, he is on the TH side. Beside Browne or Roux he would be on the LH side.

Grand job, I bow to your superior knowledge Jen. I don't pay much notice to it if I'm watching but thats good to know he binds on either side. Good player Toner, hopefully he'll kick on from last year.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 am

Any Chiefs fans have any clue as to what their starting lineup will look like?

I don’t watch the prem so I’ve not seen them at all this season. I take it Hayes and Mumm are a fairly good second row combo though!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 pm

2 weeks ago, we could have predicted the Chief XV and bench fairly accurately, but last week Rob Baxter dropped a bit of a bombshell by resting/rotating players, hitherto virtually unknown in AP. Given the excellent performance against Quins, it's far from certain that the rested players will get back in the team for this weekend.

Mumm made his debut in the last game, and Hayes didn't play, so as a combo they're unknown. Muldowney and Hanks are the two other frontline locks - perm any 2 from 4. Injury has reduced the options in the back row, but any 3 from TJ, Baxter, White, Ewers and Scaysbrook, but both Mumm and Muldowney have had run-outs at 6 in A games. Baxter is almost certain at 8, though..

Props are lilely to be Sturgess/Moon on the LH (the established top 2), but with Mitchell/Tui injured at TH, it's likely to be Rimmer (principally a LH) backed up by the veteran Budgie, or youngster Brown. Hookers could be any of 3 - I suspect Alcott to continue for his scrummaging ability, but Clark is back from injury and Whitehead is the established starter and more dynamic in the loose.

The backline selection is hamstrung by injuries.

Thomas/Chudley at 9, Steeno/Mieres at 10 (either could start), Jess at 11, Arscott at 15, then Shoemark, Dollman, Whitten and Naqelevuki in the centres, wing and bench, not sure who will be where. Gonzo Comacho will be back from Argentina, but I'm sure he won't feature in this game. Sestaret and Foster will be back-ups in case of injury, with an outside chance of young Jack Nowell making his debut.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Here's a wild guess from someone who doesn't know their squad or which players are injured.

Just learned from the post above that they have a problem at TH (Great!)

Sturgess
Whitehead
Rimmer
Hayes
Mumm
Johnson
Scaysbrook
Baxter

Thomas
Mieres
Jess
Shoemark
Naqelevuki
Whitten
Arscott
Alcott

Moon
Budgen
Hanks
White
Chudley
Steenson
Dollman

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:33 pm

That is an interesting point on selection/rotation. Might be something to expand on in its own thread but what is the best way for a coach to select/rotate his team. Games are far too attritional in nature for players to survive 80 minutes in every game over the course of the season. So how much rotation can be preplanned. I remember a number of years back when Howlett was only a season or 2 at Munster, how they approached each season (it was taking a bit of the approach in NZ).

- Each season would be split into groups of 3-4 or so games
- You would then assess what you want to achieve out of those games in a pragmatic way. Obviously you want to win every time you take the field, but are you targetting a tricky away win, a valuable away LBP, a home win or a TBP.
- Then you work out what squad of players you need in place to start/bench over that 3-4 game period to achieve those results. The aim would be to have that squad be together for the couple of games so that you don't bring in random ones and twos
- Then you put together all these 3-4 game batches and try to identify if you are too heavily dependent on particular people and make sure you add in extra rotation for them as necessary.
The Irish provinces, it becomes clearer over time, treat the Rabo before the HC rounds, the HC group rounds and the Rabo after the HC rounds as a batch of 4. So last weekend would have seen what should be our HC squad together (with potential moves between start and bench). Obviously injuries can impact on this alot, but I did find it a very interesting approach to take as it allows teams to carry momentum through batches of games and while allowing rotation, try to maintain continuity as well.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Ah they're all picken teams now Mickado

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s548.htm?1098,13567949

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

rodders wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:As with any 6'11" lock, what you gain in the lineouts you lose in the scrums. Laws of Physics and leverage etc.

Grand job, I bow to your superior knowledge Jen. I don't pay much notice to it if I'm watching but thats good to know he binds on either side. Good player Toner, hopefully he'll kick on from last year.

Who finished in the second row in the game v Munster? I know Denton came on and was scrummaging behind Hagan on the TH side and we got mullered. It must have been Toner on the LH side no?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Ah they're all picken teams now Mickado

They seem to just be over for the pishup! Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm

I see some people saying this is a must 5-pointer for Leinster - 5 points would be very nice but givben the way Exeter are playing I'll happily settle for a 4-pointer win. Another 4 points v Scarlets would set up the Clermont double-header nicely

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 pm

brennomac wrote:I see some people saying this is a must 5-pointer for Leinster - 5 points would be very nice but givben the way Exeter are playing I'll happily settle for a 4-pointer win. Another 4 points v Scarlets would set up the Clermont double-header nicely

If we are picking up 4 points, we can't be giving away a LBP at the end of the game. We need to be net-4-points out of each of the first 2 rounds

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Submachine wrote:
rodders wrote:

Who finished in the second row in the game v Munster? I know Denton came on and was scrummaging behind Hagan on the TH side and we got mullered. It must have been Toner on the LH side no?

I'll have to check that out on the sky box sub. My understanding was that Denton was a LH scrumager. Also was it him or Hagan getting mullered? Wian DuPreeyahhhh was on at that stage.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Mickado wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Ah they're all picken teams now Mickado

They seem to just be over for the pishup! Laugh

No they get to actually pick a team if you read on down.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:41 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
brennomac wrote:I see some people saying this is a must 5-pointer for Leinster - 5 points would be very nice but givben the way Exeter are playing I'll happily settle for a 4-pointer win. Another 4 points v Scarlets would set up the Clermont double-header nicely

If we are picking up 4 points, we can't be giving away a LBP at the end of the game. We need to be net-4-points out of each of the first 2 rounds

You never know. 2 x BP for them and 5 points for us might encourage them to lash Clermont out of it next week....... Wink

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Lets say 42 35 to us?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Chief
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 am

I have it from my "informants" in the Exeter camp (asbo) that The Tribe are planning a march this Saturday before the game.

The route of which is

Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge will be the departure
point approximately 13.30 - 13.45. We will then head North along Merrion Road,
towards Central Dublin, taking in short communication ( i.e.. no drinks, but let
them know we are here ) stops with our friends from Dublin, at Mary Macs /
Paddy Cullens, Crowes , and Horse Show House.

We will then grab a left down Anglesea Road and enter the
Stadium at the Anglesea gate which is convenient for the most of us who have our
encampment  in the North Terrace.

Should take about 10 - 15 minutes.

There will be a Supporters Club presentation to the Leinster
Supporters Club in their tepee, " The Laighin Out Bar" behind the
Anglesea Stand at approx 15.00 when it is hoped we will have a turnout of
Supporters, drums + voices !!

Then to BATTLE, and may the best team win. I have no doubt we
will win the Supporters award !

Having been to many chiefs game, I can assure you that this will be a sight to behold and well worth catching a glimps of.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am

Laugh

It's not much of a march from Bewleys to the Anglesea gate though, in fact if they came out of the hotel from the side gate they'd literally just have to cross the road.

Looking forward to it anyway, we should make sure we get out of the pub to greet them.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 am

Well they are going left from bewleys mick, down past the front of the rds and around to the north stand. It'll be good to see though
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 am

Ah yeah, It'll be class. They sound like a good bunch. We seem to have got a great group in terms of sound fans, Clermont are legendry for the fans and Scarlets have a good relationship with Leinster, certainly better than the other Welsh teams.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Ok, who needs the words for the Tomahawk Chop?

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Ok, who needs the words for the Tomahawk Chop?

Chief

That what they call it? I like it. Is it oooooooo or aaaaaaa?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next