The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassins Creed 3

5 posters

Go down

Assassins Creed 3 Empty Assassins Creed 3

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

Bought this the other day. Laid out a bit differently to previous games and must admit I wasn't keen when I first started playing, but as usual the story has completely drawn me in and what a game it is turning out to be.

Anybody else got it?

Back to top Go down

Assassins Creed 3 Empty Re: Assassins Creed 3

Post by Crimey Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm

Stopped playing after the second failed to combat any of the problems of the first one. Mainly being that the game being incredibly repetitive after a while with the missions almost identical.

It's a shame as the work that goes into the game was obviously great and the sceneries were obviously amazing.

I also wasn't a fan of the decision to take the game into multiplayer which I think can only ever have a poor effect on the single player game.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 06 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

Played and completed the storyline mode, very enjoyable and the climbing is so much more fluid now.

Crimey, very much more storyline now and not so repetitive in what you do.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

Crimey wrote:Stopped playing after the second failed to combat any of the problems of the first one. Mainly being that the game being incredibly repetitive after a while with the missions almost identical.

It's a shame as the work that goes into the game was obviously great and the sceneries were obviously amazing.

I also wasn't a fan of the decision to take the game into multiplayer which I think can only ever have a poor effect on the single player game.

Wut the 2nd changed a lot of things, the sequels to that are really varied.

And the Mp works quite well tbf
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 06 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

its fantastic and amazing

really enjoying it.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 06 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

GSC wrote:
Crimey wrote:Stopped playing after the second failed to combat any of the problems of the first one. Mainly being that the game being incredibly repetitive after a while with the missions almost identical.

Wut the 2nd changed a lot of things, the sequels to that are really varied.

And the Mp works quite well tbf

I think that the second one tried to give the impression of having changed lots, but after a few hours it was clear that the main issues of the first game were still all there.

I get why people enjoy the games, I enjoyed the first and second a lot for a bit, my problem with them is that the first one understandably had issues, they'd put a lot of work into the scenery of the game and tried to create a believable and absorbing world, which they did, I felt that in the second having nailed that, they should have put more work into the game play with the second and iron out the repetitive nature, but they didn't and the disappointment has put me off buying the titles after that.

My issue with the multi-player is the fact that I felt they rushed Brotherhood out after Assassin's Creed II, and after failing to solve the game play getting boring with the second game, I thought that if they had just moved onto creating a multiplayer they weren't ever going to focus on it. I think games which have a multiplayer almost always have a poor main campaign mode.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Honestly I get the first was repetitive, but I don't remember the 2nd being particularly so. The latter sequels certainly arent.

MP is pretty clearly a sideshow but it works pretty well.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 06 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

agree here the first was repetitive but the second was very good

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Sun 02 Dec 2012, 2:17 pm

I like the game solely for the combat, i've never had more fun picking fights with guards every where i go. Although, yes it is repetitive and when playing you jump from one place to another in the story which i found was handled poorly. In all the other Creeds you knew what you were doing and what was going on in the story, i felt like that didnt happen in this one.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down