The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap.

+17
BelfastDickVet
LeinsterFan4life
LondonTiger
George Carlin
Imperialbigdave
Cotupina187
Bathman_in_London
lostinwales
The Great Aukster
Notch
ChequeredJersey
Artful_Dodger
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
Biltong
Knackeredknees
RogerLewis
21 posters

Go down

Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap. Empty Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap.

Post by RogerLewis Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Steve Tandy for me. Also surprised at Richard Fussell not getting a cap.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap. Empty Re: Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap.

Post by Knackeredknees Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

cant remember if Hugh Vyvian got capped?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap. Empty Re: Best player (from your country) in the past 10 years to not get a cap.

Post by Biltong Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Etienne Botha one of the most talented inside centres in SA, he died in a car accident at age 26.

There's a tribute to him on youtube, unfortunately I am on my ipad and don't know how to copy the link.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 pm

RogerLewis wrote:Steve Tandy for me. Also surprised at Richard Fussell not getting a cap.

Steve is a good call. I was thinking Jason forester, he got one cap though

But Fussell? I'd say his mates in the back three, young, Eli Walker and Dirksen are more talented than Fussell and haven't been capped by anyone yet, neither has Adam Hughes or Daf Hewitt.

I'd say Steffan jones or Rhys patchell are showing great skill, so is Gareth Davies at scarlets, but Josh Nalvidi is my choice.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm not talking about youngsters.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Fussell is no where near International standard but Tandy is a good call.

When Ponty were in their pomp then Gareth Wyatt was on fire but without looking not sure if he actually got a cap
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:52 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Fussell is no where near International standard but Tandy is a good call.

When Ponty were in their pomp then Gareth Wyatt was on fire but without looking not sure if he actually got a cap

I remember, played against Tonga I think, maybe one or two more. Great player just a touch to small in defense against international opposition.

I saw him at Sardis road the other night and he was playing flyhalf.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 pm

I was going to say Roger Wilson for Ireland but he has a single cap for Ireland, back in 2005 so isn't eligible. I'll keep thinking.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:43 pm

James Forrester? Did Dan Ward-Smith get a cap?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Maybe... Paul Marshall for Ireland? This is really hard given the small player pool we have. Ian Humphreys perhaps, or Fionn Carr.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Bryn Cunningham

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Difficult on Dan Ward Smith as he had a severe case of JSD disease

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:41 pm

It's a hard question as so many people get an odd cap or 2 these days.
Craig Gillies maybe could have had a run out at lock, did Alex Brown get a cap? Marcel Garvey was good for a while and didn't get a call.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotupina187 Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:34 am

James Downey... 31 now, still no cap, still beter than Gordon D'arcy.

Cotupina187

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 am

Roddy Grant
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:46 pm

...or Jim Thompson, IBD.

And even though he's technically won 7 caps, I am inclined to think that Ben Cairns deserves an honourable mention for being utterly ignored since then for no particular reason.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:James Forrester? Did Dan Ward-Smith get a cap?

Forrester has two caps off the bench. Ward-smith was never capped. The previousley mentioned Hugh Vyvyan has 1 cap.

For me however - Craig Gillies

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:20 am

Cotupina187 wrote:James Downey... 31 now, still no cap, still beter than Gordon D'arcy.
Downey's average at best. Darcy is one of the best players to come out of this country.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Cotupina187 wrote:James Downey... 31 now, still no cap, still beter than Gordon D'arcy.
Downey's average at best. Darcy WAS one of the best players to come out of this country.

fixed that for you.

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 am

BelfastDickVet wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Downey's average at best. Darcy WAS one of the best players to come out of this country.

fixed that for you.
He still does it for Leinster. Ireland are just poo atm.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:24 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
BelfastDickVet wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

fixed that for you.
He still does it for Leinster. Ireland are just poo atm.

I was just joking mate, he is quality, but I seriously think his time on the international stage is up and has been for a while.

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 am

Notch wrote:Maybe... Paul Marshall for Ireland? This is really hard given the small player pool we have. Ian Humphreys perhaps, or Fionn Carr

Fionn Carr Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Oh Notch, you are are a little sunbeam.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:38 am

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:
Notch wrote:Maybe... Paul Marshall for Ireland? This is really hard given the small player pool we have. Ian Humphreys perhaps, or Fionn Carr

Fionn Carr Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Oh Notch, you are are a little sunbeam.
Its hilarious looking at him trying to tackle.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am

Going back a bit my vote would go to John Wells of Tigers. He was a very tough no nonsense 6 who was unlucky to have never played for England.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:37 am

tigerleghorn wrote:Going back a bit my vote would go to John Wells of Tigers. He was a very tough no nonsense 6 who was unlucky to have never played for England.

Oops!! Sorry Guys, bit longer than 10 years in his case.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:39 am

When did you return?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:11 am

Notch wrote:Maybe... Paul Marshall for Ireland? This is really hard given the small player pool we have. Ian Humphreys perhaps, or Fionn Carr.

Jeesus Notch! Fionn Carrs one of the worst player to have played for Leinster never mind best never to have played for Ireland!

Ian Humphreys is a good shout.

Bryn Cunningham? Currently Craig Gilroy and Ian Madigan.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:13 am

Often scroll through the various sections but can't be bothered to post mostly.

Certainly a little more civilised than the old 606 days.

Btw Rog, Who were you in the old days? 126 posts in 13 days suggests "previous"

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 am

I'd also put forward Paul Volley, unlucky to be around at the same time as some very good England back row players.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 am

tigerleghorn wrote:Often scroll through the various sections but can't be bothered to post mostly.

You were up there with the classics...

Nottins
Cyril
Englandworldbeaters

Only HERSH made the migration safely...

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 am

James Hudson best english 5 in the AP for a while and ignored
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:44 am

RogerLewis wrote:
tigerleghorn wrote:Often scroll through the various sections but can't be bothered to post mostly.

You were up there with the classics...

Nottins
Cyril
Englandworldbeaters

Only HERSH made the migration safely...

How kind. I assume you've appeared under more than one name but as you completely side stepped my question you should probably be added to the above list right?

Oh, you missed WLG from that little group ;-)

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 am

That's a good point.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down