The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg

+3
Duty281
mobilemaster8
GSC
7 posters

Go down

Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg Empty Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg

Post by GSC Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

Meanwhile the FA has found grounds to hand him a 2 game suspension. /sarcasm.

Gonna be some fallout for Chelsea.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg Empty Re: Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

Chelsea should be fined for making this crap up with no hard evidence. Bringing a decent referee's name into disrepute.

Sour grapes from the blue boys down south.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg Empty Re: Police no longer investigating claims against Mark Clattenburg

Post by Duty281 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:34 pm

Agree with the above. Chelsea have made an unfounded, baseless accusation. No more than slander really. Punishment is required but I won't be holding my breath.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:39 pm

Obvious from the start. Why would Clattenburg call Mikel a monkey in one of the most watched games of the season with multiple camera angles and possible assistant's who could give evidence against him. After the Terry incident and everything that got highlighted, it was always unlikely this racial abuse from Clattenburg was ever going to be true.

Mikel (who is an appaling player) should be investigated, punished and eventually banned for multiple games for this blatant lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

so if he isnt being investigated, why does he have a ban?

it shows he hasnt done anything wrong?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

CF wrote:so if he isnt being investigated, why does he have a ban?

No, it shows that the police don't believe there is enough evidence to charge.

I think people shouldn't jump to the conclusion that Chelsea were simply trying to slander a referee. It would be a very stupid thing to do with no pay off at all for the side and could possibly get them in a lot of trouble, particularly if Clattenburg believes there are grounds to sue for defamation of character.

I think what's most likely is the players who reported it, genuinely did believe that Clattenburg said something racist, and perhaps Chelsea were slightly more eager to report it than they would have been to try and show that they are serious about racism, however it has taken very little investigation to show that he didn't.

I think people can't be too quick to get angry at clubs for reporting what they believe is racism because it will put off others who have genuine grounds but because of the anger at Chelsea's claims even before the police dropped their investigation, won't report it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

John wrote:Obvious from the start. Why would Clattenburg call Mikel a monkey in one of the most watched games of the season with multiple camera angles and possible assistant's who could give evidence against him. After the Terry incident and everything that got highlighted, it was always unlikely this racial abuse from Clattenburg was ever going to be true.

Mikel (who is an appaling player) should be investigated, punished and eventually banned for multiple games for this blatant lie.

I actually think the person who claims to have heard the words being directed at Mikel is Ramires................Mikel heard nothing.................

I expect the FA to clear Clattenberg before the end of this week and i would be disappointed if (a) Clattenberg doesn't sue (b) if & when Clattenberg is cleared that an investigation is launched into those Chelses players/officials who made these statements

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:22 pm

Crimey wrote:
CF wrote:so if he isnt being investigated, why does he have a ban?

I think people shouldn't jump to the conclusion that Chelsea were simply trying to slander a referee.

It wouldn't be the first time though would it? Anders Frisk anyone?

If it is proved that they have just made the whole thing up - not that it will - then a points deduction is the only way to hit em. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

I find it interesting that 1) Mikel heard nothing, 2) Anton heard nothing. Sudden deafness syndrome?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:58 am

Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Society of Black Lawyers have "condemned FA & Chelsea for apparently failing to make available evidence in possession to Met" #Clattenburg

SBL: "FA may feel a referral to the Met may upset the plan to protect the “beautiful game & be another racist own goal for UK football"

Peter Herbert, Chair of SBL: “would appear there is a cosy little agreement between Chelsea & the FA not to report these matters to the Met"

Society of Black Lawyers say they'll report the FA to the Minister for Sport for having "no hate-crime strategy" #Clattenburg

The PC brigade jumping on the bandwagon to get publicity for their own agenda I see. Has any player actually come out in support of a black players union?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:24 am

The society of Black Lawyers is racist in itself, so I don't see how it's helping. Imagine the outrage if there was a society of White Lawyers!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 14 Nov 2012, 5:44 pm

Chelsea should be fined.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

Should Anton Ferdinand have been fined for being found by the courts not to have been racially abused? Of course not, because this isn't proof of that. It's only proof that there isn't enough evidence to charge.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm

Duty281 wrote:The society of Black Lawyers is racist in itself, so I don't see how it's helping. Imagine the outrage if there was a society of White Lawyers!

Its called The Law Society.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

GSC wrote:Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Society of Black Lawyers have "condemned FA & Chelsea for apparently failing to make available evidence in possession to Met" #Clattenburg

SBL: "FA may feel a referral to the Met may upset the plan to protect the “beautiful game & be another racist own goal for UK football"

Peter Herbert, Chair of SBL: “would appear there is a cosy little agreement between Chelsea & the FA not to report these matters to the Met"

Society of Black Lawyers say they'll report the FA to the Minister for Sport for having "no hate-crime strategy" #Clattenburg

The PC brigade jumping on the bandwagon to get publicity for their own agenda I see. Has any player actually come out in support of a black players union?

What if there is some truth in what he's saying?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down