The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen????

+4
Rowley
inman124
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen???? Empty Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:59 pm

Hugely impressive win for Quigg against the irritating Munroe..........I like Quigg/// sharp puncher..looks strong at the weight and is a force to be reckoned with...

Frampton seems to be a Mcguigan clone...relentless, strong........looks the real thing too...

Hard fight to pick.......Will Quigg be too sharp or frampton to relentless....

Love to see it...not sure it will happen........

Frampton for me late....If it does..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen???? Empty Re: Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen????

Post by spencerclarke Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:03 pm

I can see them holding off for a couple of years hoping that they both get a world title. It would seem too much of a risky fight for either of them at this stage without the relative financial rewards. In the mean time we can only hope that they carry on winning until then.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen???? Empty Re: Quigg vs Frampton - what a fight ..but will it happen????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:05 pm

I think so too...Spence.

Which is a shame....

Both look quality though in fairness.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by inman124 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:37 pm

Plain and simple, Frampton stoppage Smile

inman124

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:40 pm

Think so... but there is something Nelson-esque about Quigg...

and Nelson would've slapped ole Barry about!!!

Sorry we shouldn't take it for granted..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm

You'd love to think it will happen but we do unfortunately have a tendency to write a guy off as soon as he gets a loss so you may think the handlers may think it is not worth the risk. Would be a huge shame though as it seems a natural fight and both fighters are young enough to come back should they lose.

Get all the thing about letting a fight grow but they'd both make good money off it now and you always worry if they let it grow it only takes one of them outgrowing the division quicker than the other or getting a couple of injuries for it never to happen, put them in together whilst there is a demand for it and it can be made easily as far as I'm concerned.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

I see no reason why this fight can't happen in 2013, to be honest.

Let them win a world title first, it's too early, it's too much of a risk as of now...For me, none of these excuses wash. Super-Bantamweight is probably the strongest division going right now at world level, with Donaire, Mares, Rigondeaux, Moreno etc all at the top of their game right now. Even the old war horse Darchinyan and the likes of Vasquez Jr are forces to be reckoned with no matter who you are. There's no guarantee that Quigg and Frampton, talented though they both are, will be getting their hands on world titles any time soon in any case.

Besides, in the form of Munroe and Molitor, both Quigg and Frampton respectively have taken risks in their last outings. If each side can be brave enough to take those steps, then there's no reason why they can't risk it against one another, particularly when it would offer the kind of purse that would be beyond most other domestic fights.

I'm actually very optimistic that we'll get Quigg-Frampton.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 25 Nov 2012, 8:09 pm

The fight between degale and groves hasn't really helped either so I don't see why there is a need to rush a fight between the 2 although I wouldn't mind seeing it tommorow if it was made

The division is pretty stacked so they have lots of options without having to fight each other and I feel the current champions are too good for the both of the atm.

If it did happen, I am sticking to my previous prediction and going with Quigg to come out on top. I was very impressed with him vs Munroe and stopping him was a real statement. Frampton too impressed in his last fight but I would like to see how he takes a shot before he steps in with a big guy like quigg

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 8:09 pm

The problem is in the "0"..............

For some reason Promoters still think it's important!!

and it's not anymore.........Titles and undefeated records are yesterday's news.....Not even the common sports fan is fooled anymore..

It's the fights that count.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 25 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

It hasn't hurt Groves or Degale either though, WHU.

Get it on, they're both young enough to come again should they lose, but they'll have the respect of the fans. Surely that is worth more than an unbeaten record.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 25 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

I know I just said that it hasn't helped them so its not like either need to rush into the fight to go onto "bigger and better things" as both are already on the right track and are progressing nicely

I said that I wouldn't mind if they fought tomorrow and I wouldn't mind if they fought at the end of 2013

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 25 Nov 2012, 9:53 pm

I don't think Quigg and Gallagher want it. Everytime Frampton is mentioned they get all jittery.

Frampton beats him for me, late stoppage. Quigg can be hit and Frampton hits quite hard.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down