The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Games of the Week: Week 14

4 posters

Go down

NFL Games of the Week: Week 14  Empty NFL Games of the Week: Week 14

Post by Thomond Sun 09 Dec 2012, 11:47 am

Washington Redskins v Baltimore Ravens

Fresh off their Monday Night Football win over the Giants, the Redskins take on the Baltimore Ravens in Fedex Field, at 6PM GMT on Sunday. The game can be watched live on Sky Sports 2.

This game has pretty big playoff connotations, if results go the Ravens way this Sunday they could clinch their second AFC North crown in a row. If both the Steelers and Bengals lose then the Ravens clinch the AFC North. If either the Steelers or the Bengals lose (or tie) then the Ravens will end up in the playoffs. The Redskins' victory last Monday left them in both the NFC Wild Card chase and also kept them fighting in the incredibly competitive NFC East (what's new right?). They lie a game behind the Giants at 6-6 and tied with the Cowboys. They are currently the 7th NFC seed and are one spot off the play offs, there is little breathing room for them though, the aforementioned Cowboys, Vikings and Buccaneers all possess 6-6 records. The race for the wildcards could be incredibly exciting and if any team can get some good momentum going into the final 4 games then they might clinch it (the Packers won 3 of their final 5 in the 2010 season, while the Giants won 3 of their last 4 games, both of course went on to win Super Bowls)

The Redskins, led by two prolific rookies in Robert Griffin III (aka RG3) and Albert Morris, have had a very solid season. The debate for the best rookie QB will rumble on for a long time, and you will hear a lot of people share lots of different opinions, no matter who you think has been the best, I think it's fair to say that they are performing incredibly well. Andrew Luck's statline doesn't look as good as some but he is carrying the team, he is third in the league in passing attempts, has no running game a patch enough offensive line and an incredibly young crop of receivers (Reggie Wayne has helped a lot I think). The defence has been okay, it gives up a lot of yards but it is average enough in the points department, arguably he is the league MVP. Consider how he turned the sorriest team in the league last year into a playoff contender and . Russell Wilson is also in the playoff hunt and while he is in a far, far better position then the other QBs he has shown he can make plays on the run and in the passing game, he hasn't made many mistakes and is playing very good football. Ryan Tannehill has impressed me as well, he is in one of the tougher situations, he has no receivers and a weak running game. But getting back to the Redskins, their offense is breathtaking to watch, they are the league's best rushing team, racking up an astonishing 5.3 yards a carry for 13 TDs. 6th round draft pick hasn't been given enough praise for his efforts in my opinion, fellow rookies Doug Martin (a genuine candidate for Rookie of the Year, he deserves to be but won't get it due to the bias towards QBs. I'm not biased as a Bucs fan in anyway......) and Trent Richardson may have stolen his limelight but there is no arguing that Morris' production has been incredibly good. He has the same number of yards as Martin, albeit 3 less touchdowns but on less carries, Martin's performances have taken a step back as the injuries have mounted up for the Buccaneers but he has been stellar. Morris has been super too and a lot of the Redskins success has been based on their ability to run the ball. Their defence has been one of their Achilles' heel this year, it hasn't really been good in any facet of the game. They rank 23rd in the league in points given up per game, they rank 3rd from bottom in terms of yards allowed, they rank 21st in red zone defence. Their sole bright spark has been their ability to generate turnovers on the defensive side of the ball and not make many mistakes on the offense. Their turnover ratio is +11, 6th best in the league. It has kept them in games, they really shouldn't have been in, DeAngelo Hall in particular coming up back with 4 interceptions, (he also recovered an onside kick in the Thanksgiving day game v the Cowboys).

The Ravens meanwhile are still relying on their stellar defence, when you have guys like Haloti Ngata, Lardarius Webb, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs and Cary Williams why wouldn't you? They may be giving up more yards then they normally do but at the end of the day, it's points that matter. The Ravens are ninth in the league in that department. They have struggled getting things going offensively, Cam Cameron their co-ordinator has come under tremendous fire for some conservative play calling. When you have a guy like Ray Rice at running back and you are ranked 23rd in rushing there is something wrong.

You know the drill, rest on the journal soon enough.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

NFL Games of the Week: Week 14  Empty Re: NFL Games of the Week: Week 14

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:28 pm

Cam Cameron is probably the worst offensive co-ordinator in pro football at the moment at the minute.

Rice didn't have a touch of the ball in the crucial 4th quarter against Pittsburgh, I mean that's just unbelievable. He's by far and away your best offensive player!

I cant call this game, gonna be a tight one
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:38 pm

http://v2journal.com/nfl-games-of-the-week-week-14---washington-redskins-v-baltimore-ravens.html

It's a bit of a toss up like a lot of the games previewed, or that's my excuse for getting a lot of them wrong......

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:42 pm

Laugh

I like Morris to have a big game in this one again. Flacco should have a field day against the Skins secondary really, but this is Flacco and he will probably suck.

When is Ray Lewis back?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:43 pm

I don't think he is back is he? He isn't very good any more really, good for the pep talks but his influence has diminished greatly.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:45 pm

Yeah his on field play isn't as good no more but I'd rather have him in my team than not have him.

He is the leader of that organisation
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:46 pm

Bookies have the skins as big favourites in this one. Both teams don't have great defences but this could all hinge on how much of a nutter cam cameron decides to be.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:01 pm

Grant Holt V2 wrote:Cam Cameron is probably the worst offensive co-ordinator in pro football at the moment at the minute.

Rice didn't have a touch of the ball in the crucial 4th quarter against Pittsburgh, I mean that's just unbelievable. He's by far and away your best offensive player!

It's like the Eagles with LeSean McCoy... sometimes they simply decide to forget he exists!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down