The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 21 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 21 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

Watched Olympus Has Fallen and Star Trek Into Darkness over the weekend. Enjoyed them both but Star Trek is better of course.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 21 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 17 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

Lol, how fitting that I am the one to take this to page 21..

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:07 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Lol, how fitting that I am the one to take this to page 21..
Be more impressive when I take it to page 667

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:19 pm

Oh yeah, well I'm going to take it to page...err...never mind Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 17 Sep 2013, 10:36 pm

I watched Rush yesterday. I am a huge F1 fan and have been since the early 80s. It is very rare that I find a film that I can find little fault with, but this is one such movie.

Historical nuts may take umbridge that the film is not 100% geek-accurate and correct (most films seldom are) but I was very happy with what Ron Howard has done here. The casting is so spot on that you genuinely believe that it is Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Chris Hemsworth was never going to quite get Hunt's public school boy accent absolutely bang on but he's done a cracking job nevertheless, and Daniel Bruhl is quite simply spectacular as the matter of fact, calculating Lauda.

The race scenes are particularly realistic and it's great to see that genuine period F1 cars were used in the filming rather than the generic "racing cars" one normally sees. The film brings home the danger that these drivers put themselves in during the 70s; Lauda's crash is particularly graphic, being seen from both an outside vantage point and the driver's point of view. There are enough grisly bits to make you wince but you do realise why these drivers did it.

The support cast is also fantastic; Lord Hesketh is EXACTLY like real life, and the likeness of the actor playing Clay Regazzoni is uncanny. Olivia Wilde, playing Hunt's wife Suzy, is smouldering and has an excellent English accent.

Ron Howard has always been about delivering a gripping film with accuracy, and here he tells a story of two World Champions the way it should be done. Even if you don't like Formula 1, this is a MUST SEE film. It will be worth it - it is the best film I have seen in 10 years. 10/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 18 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

Wow. See Im not a fan of F1 and when it first came out I was like "Nah not of me" but the more reviews I hear of it the more I want to see it...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 10:52 am

I lived 'Senna' and I'm no fan of F1. Reckon this could be the same.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 18 Sep 2013, 10:55 am

This film sounds more like a film over a strict documentary type like senna!

Which is more appealing to me.

But I still enjoyed Senna!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:00 am

Maybe mystir

Come to think of it, baseball is as entertaining as watching Ceefax but there's some good baseball movies around. Don't think it really matters if you're into the sport.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:01 am

Yeah I suppose. Im a fan of Any Given Sunday but have no interest in American football.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:05 am

Whereas I like Football but Goal and a Green Street are poop Very Happy 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:19 am

Goal is horrid.

I like green street, football factory and all the footy hooligan films though

42, moneyball and bull durham are good films. I don't like field of dreams though. Its a bit yucky!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:23 am

Green Street is cack, well imo.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:27 am

It wasn't one of the best and Charlie hunnam's london accent was vile IMO..  I enjoyed the mindless violence though. Not sure why i like those films as I hate football hooligans with a passion, but there you go!!

But luckily for hunnman his looks win over that accent and he is massive in the states!!(going to play the 50 shades of grey lead!) and stars in Sons of anarchy!

Last edited by mystiroakey on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:35 am

The Firm with Gary Oldman is good.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:37 am

Yeah I liked that one.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:45 am

Here Comes the Boom.

Kevin James playes a biology teacher, trys to become a succesful MMA fighter to raise money to prevent extra-curricular activities being axed.

Average comedy, with a few funny bits.

Am a big UFC fan.

Good to see Mark DellaGrotte in it.
Great muay thai coach.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:55 am

Watched Home Alone with the kids last night. I think they enjoyed it, even if they were a little bit scared of the old man.

Still a damn good family film.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm

My four year old is acutely aware of burglars due to a) the burglar alarm, b) our insistence that all doors and lower-level windows are locked at all times, and c) we set up timer lamps when away so it looks like we're still home.

We stumbled across Home Alone by accident the other day, and he was awestruck by how clever Macaulay Culkin's character was. It's now his favourite film, we have to watch it at least once a day The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 21 3559488474

When October rolls around, I'm bringing out the big gun - Home Alone 2!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:10 pm

WE told them that the burglars were playing a game. They thought they were funny, so it worked. Daniel Stern is great in it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:11 pm

That picture of Fellaini + Rooney as Harry and Marv cracked me up, my lad thought it was them Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:39 pm

"OWWWW....RIGHT IN THE SCHNOZZ!"

Home Alone 1 & 2 are all time family classics and with Christmas approaching...it means they will be back on tv again Cool.

Oh...and Jingle All The Way ¬_¬

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:25 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:My four year old is acutely aware of burglars due to a) the burglar alarm, b) our insistence that all doors and lower-level windows are locked at all times, and c) we set up timer lamps when away so it looks like we're still home.
We stumbled across Home Alone by accident the other day, and he was awestruck by how clever Macaulay Culkin's character was. It's now his favourite film, we have to watch it at least once a day The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 21 3559488474

When October rolls around, I'm bringing out the big gun - Home Alone 2!
Sounds like a laugh a decade in your house. We leave the doors open, an array of expensive electrical items in full view and a little treasure map inviting thieves to explore our home for the really valuable stuff. It's at that point we spring the hidden traps, take them captive and torture them to such levels it makes the "Saw" movies look like an episode of Postman Pat.

My daughter then finds a location on a map and we take a drive out there and bury the bodies.

It's fun, a bonding process and educational (entrapment = planning and logistics, torture = human biology, burial location = geography, actual burial = physical exercise)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
My daughter then finds a location on a map and we take a drive out there and bury the bodies.

It's fun, a bonding process and educational (entrapment = planning and logistics, torture = human biology, burial location = geography, actual burial = physical exercise)
And don't forget that it's an excellent way of teaching her about death so that you're prepared for when her goldfish snuffs it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:36 pm

I hope you don't let her drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21