The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 18 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

I like eating tin foil.

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:54 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I like eating tin foil.
Looks like Lord Sugar dodged a bullet there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

It's my business idea. Edible cling film and tin foil. Means you'd no longer throw stuff away when you take sandwiches to school Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm

Why bother making sandwiches if you can just eat the foil? Seems a waste of time, effort and money

As I say, Sugar...bullet...dodged

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:27 pm

The foil would come in different flavours, adding to your sandwich experience. You're too short-sighted to make it in the cut-throat business world, that much is clear...

My idea would make us millions, I wish I'd applied for next year's show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:49 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:The foil would come in different flavours, adding to your sandwich experience. You're too short-sighted to make it in the cut-throat business world, that much is clear...

Start eating tinfoil and you'll end up with a badly cut throat, that much I can definitely see.

Still there's always Dragon's Den. At least that way, you'd avoid 16 weeks of piddling about and get told immediately that you're an idiot and you should leave before someone calls security

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:45 pm

No, I have an idea for edible tin foil. Edible. Like edible cutlery, and edible plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:46 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:No, I have an idea for edible tin foil. Edible. Like edible cutlery, and edible plates.
would it be made of tin?...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:56 pm

Edible tin.

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:59 pm

I'm out.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:00 pm

But I'm projecting £500k net profit inside three years!

In all seriousness, my business idea with Sugar would need his £250k investment, but I've projected a turnover of £750k after Year 3 that would net us a £140k net profit. He'd have his money back inside 5 years. And make a lot of people happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:No, I have an idea for edible tin foil. Edible. Like edible cutlery, and edible plates.
So as soon as you take a bite of your food you end up eating your fork. You'd have to go get another to finish your meal and you'd probably use somewhere in the region of 30+ forks per meals. Dessert would be just as bad.

Clearly not cost effective, you're an fool sir and no-one will invest in your idea. Go speak to Audley Harrson and see if he'll lend you his drawing board

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:16 pm

I've used edible cutlery before. It's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:36 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I've used edible cutlery before. It's fine.
No it's not and neither are you...clearly suffering from metal fatigue!

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:45 pm

Are they like edible panties?
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:I've used edible cutlery before. It's fine.
No it's not and neither are you...clearly suffering from metal fatigue!
Why 'clearly'? And why the need for insults again Dave? Are you really a six year old? Or do you just behave like one online?

I have used edible cutlery, it feels just like normal cutlery until you eat it. Saves on washing up too.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:58 pm

to be pedantic (apologies) tin is an element, to make it edible you would need to add another component, this would then not be tin

Conversely cutlery is the name of an object and can be made of anything, hence why it can be edible...

ill get my coat

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:59 pm

I never studied science. But there are plenty of things called one name that clearly aren't that thing. Just like my edible tin foil would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:00 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I never studied science. But there are plenty of things called one name that clearly aren't that thing. Just like my edible tin foil would be.
In which case, you're clearly a genius!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:02 pm

so edible tin foil would be a trademarked description?

i am confused, not tough at the best of times, granted

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:I never studied science. But there are plenty of things called one name that clearly aren't that thing. Just like my edible tin foil would be.
In which case, you're clearly a genius!
Spam is one. It's clearly not unwanted mail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:07 pm

..and what would this edible tin foil come in? You'd have edible tin foil to save on waste yet it'll undoubtedly come in packaging that needs to be thrown away....or is the packaging also going to be edible. How do you stop shoppers having a sneaky nibble?

I'm in danger of over-thinking it though...clearly not something Azzy is guilty of.

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:37 pm

Don't think you can call it edible tin foil unless it's actually got tin in it and I do believe that eating large quantities of tin foil (aluminium foil) is hazardous to your health, and for that reason I won't be investing.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

STC wrote:Don't think you can call it edible tin foil unless it's actually got tin in it and I do believe that eating large quantities of tin foil (aluminium foil) is hazardous to your health, and for that reason I won't be investing.
So you weren't put off by the fact that it's a stupid ******* idea, only that it is likely to prove hazardous?

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
STC wrote:Don't think you can call it edible tin foil unless it's actually got tin in it and I do believe that eating large quantities of tin foil (aluminium foil) is hazardous to your health, and for that reason I won't be investing.
So you weren't put off by the fact that it's a stupid ******* idea, only that it is likely to prove hazardous?
Fair point.

Stupid ******* ideas sometimes make money though. Remember that fish that you hung on the wall that sang, "Don't worry, be happy"? (Imagine trying to pitch that).

The bloke who patented it made so much money that he bought Bobby McFerrin's house .
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 4:29 pm

As if someone remembers that fish, that was so terrible, at the time everyone thought it was hilarious Laugh

In 30 years time those things are going to be on Antiques Roadshow.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 5:57 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:The foil would come in different flavours, adding to your sandwich experience. You're too short-sighted to make it in the cut-throat business world, that much is clear...

I have a sandwich idea as well dude..

by the way your idea will actually help to work even better.

Sandwich spacers so your bread doesn't touch tomato and your sandwich stays fresh.

If we put the tomatoes in the edible tin foil in side the sandwich. - we are sorted . Job done- The sandwich will not get soggy from the tomato!

badda bing

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 23 Aug 2013, 6:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

I have a sandwich idea as well dude..

by the way your idea will actually help to work even better.

Sandwich spacers so your bread doesn't touch tomato and your sandwich stays fresh.

If we put the tomatoes in the edible tin foil in side the sandwich. - we are sorted . Job done- The sandwich will not get soggy from the tomato!

badda bing

Not sure if it's because I'm a bit w@nkered and am missing some obvious logic but that seems like a brilliant idea.  I could save hundreds each year (obviously depending on the price of the foil) by making my own wraps instead of spunking money at M&S and Wrap-It-Up.

You should patent these ideas before broadcasting them, Mysti.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 6:54 pm

It is a brilliant idea tbh. But I will never carry this one out . I have many other good ones and one pretty amazing one. That will not get revealed.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Aug 2013, 1:54 pm

Watched Here Comes the Boom lastnight , some funny bits with a Rocky ending
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 24 Aug 2013, 8:42 pm

Went to see Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters with Mrs B today (her request); I saw the first one and was mildly impressed. This, again was ok. I haven't read the books so there is no doubt they've probably missed out rather a lot which the fanboys would slate. One or two new characters appear and there's a replacement where Anthony Head has taken Pierce Brosnan's (undoubtedly more expensive) role.

Enjoyable enough, not one I am too bothered about seeing again. It warrants a 6.5/10 from me.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:10 pm

I have to write this review. Simply because, against my better judgement, I have seen Sharktopus. It's is billed as Comedy/Horror on IMDB. Sadly I must report that it is so bad it is not even funny.

Granted the plot is so bonkers that you shouldn't expect realism (A shark crossed with an Octopus being used as a Navy weapon against drug runners is a good pointer here) but there are so many errors, man sausage-ups and terrifyingly shonky special effects that it actually becomes painful.

It is an awful film where Eric Roberts is the best actor in it by a country mile and you know he's not even trying. The supporting cast are a bunch of no-hopers not even good enough for a supporting role as a corpse in CSI. The "special" effects are so bad they're not even good enough to be a school project. Add to this the complete ignorance of basic biology and you have something that's not even laughable.

I thought it would be so bad it's good. Unfortunately it really is just... so bad.

I really really wanted to give this a better mark than After Earth but it falls short by a very long chalk. It only gets a 1 out of 10 because I watched it to the end. I wish I hadn't.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 9:30 am

PAIN AND GAIN - Hard to believe it's based on a true story given the amount of stupidity displayed by the prtagonists but when you consider they're American bodybuilders, all of a sudden it doesn't seem to impossible. Anyway, thorOugly enjoyed it. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is brilliant as an en-cokehead who finds Jesus and then finds coke again then finds Jesus again. Plenty of laughs and violence

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:27 pm

21 Jump Street. I was expecting it to be awful but actually really enjoyed it. Was lol quite a few times.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:55 pm

Finally got around to watching Super last night. Smashing black comedy. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 25 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

I watched "Here comes the BOOM" about a teacher who becomes a MMA star. Quite funny and its get an extra mark for having the Fonz in it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Sun 25 Aug 2013, 4:36 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Finally got around to watching Super last night. Smashing black comedy. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Excellent film.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 26 Aug 2013, 8:50 am

Watched In Time starring Justin Timberlake last night. Okay film but didnt really seem to have much of a point. Fans of The Big Bang Theory can look out for the main character (the one who dates the hot blonde) who has a role in it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 26 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm

Superbad

7/10

It was ok part from Rogen and Mclovin who where the best in film.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 27 Aug 2013, 2:04 am

Superbad is great. In time is very good.

I saw kickass 2 which is a very good sequel, a bit coming of age and doesn't match the original but very good.

Intolerable cruelty a crap TV movie and the classic comedy 3 men and a little lady.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 27 Aug 2013, 8:18 am

the colony . good film about the world turned to a future ice age . a group of survivors live in a bunker under ground . the story kicks off when 3 of the group goes in aid to another bunker . Laurence fishburne and Bill paxton star .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 27 Aug 2013, 8:56 am

Jack Reacher

Cruise was good as Reacher for me, but the baddies were a little cartoon cut out.

7/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:33 am

Unknown - Liam Neeson is, for once, not a trained assassin. Great film, several good twists, kept me and the wife guessing right up to the last scene. And Diane Kruger, yay! 8/10

Looper - a colossal disappointment after all the hype. I found it to be messy, poorly written, and one of those films that relies shoddily on the convenient strokes of luck. 6/10, 2 of which were for Emily Blunt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:43 am

Sorry Ent but I did not find Superbad "that" funny.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:47 am

Reluctantly watched Avatar. Very surprised how good it was.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 27 Aug 2013, 9:50 am

Clueless

Easy to watch, although not funny. The girls were at least hot, and it was funny seeing how big the old mobile phones were.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 27 Aug 2013, 11:02 am

red hill, good Aussie drama, basically a western revenge movie with some good but basic plot twists

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 27 Aug 2013, 8:13 pm

Calvaire (The Ordeal).

Belgian psychological horror. Very odd. Creepy, with some very dark humour. I liked.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:10 pm

Has anyone seen Olympus has Fallen, got nephew staying this weekend and want something loud and undemanding and the trailers suggest this will fit the bill.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:33 pm

Watched Scary Movie 5. It was scary just how unfunny it was.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next