The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cultured Look Back: Merry Xmas

4 posters

Go down

A Cultured Look Back: Merry Xmas Empty A Cultured Look Back: Merry Xmas

Post by davidemore Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

What a year.

First we had the return of the mighty Frochy. People thought he was done after the Andre Ward defeat, but man alive did he prove us wrong. A true warrior and for me, fighter of the year. Next up looks like Kessler, a HUGE fight in the UK and one i believe he will win, securing his HOF place as a result.

Also, we had the emergence of the next boxing star: Adrien Broner. This guy is so skilled, he really does define the phrase: sweet science. Only expect bigger and better things to come from 'baby, can you comb my hair.' Nice to see the sports next star not hitting women too. Just saying.

What else? Ooh, Ricky Burns. The nice guy of the sport. Isn't it nice to see somone so humble flying the flag for Scotland and the UK? A true treat.

Sadly, Roy Jones boxes on, let us hope that is behind us in 2013.

We had the absolute pancaking of Pac Man. Wow. Who saw that coming? Not him. The fade will no doubt begin, but let us be thankful for Pac's years of service.

There were several stand out rucks too. Brandon Rios. Wowzers. Sure, the guy is going to be seriously ill if he doesn't learn to cover his face soon. But man alive, he gave us one hell of a show.

Also, we had the irony of seeing Ricky Hatton getting KO'd by his own signature punch. Still, I'm happy he got rid of his demons. Not so happy a few more braincells went with them but hey, it's boxing.

Andre Ward continues to look good. Let's hope he fights someone a bit more suited to him in the New Year. Chad aint so bad Dawson was obviously drained. And over hyped.

The Heavyweight division is rising again, and it'll be great to see some of the young guns step into the light. Boxing needs this in 2013. My money is on Tyson Fury to rise up. He has skills i believe, and self-belief. David Price needs a smidge more of the latter, i feel.

Scandal of the year is a tough one, but knowing that Cloud is still walking around with a belt hurts. Utter robbery.

Sergio Martinez finally got his big fight. After bossing the very dubious Chavez Jr's ears off he was caught late. Still, a complete pasting was delivered and hail to the late bloomer i say. I hope Murray gives him a run for his money. It'll be tough, but i believe Martinez is dipping, so it's a good time to try.

The Middleweights in the UK is so hot right now. I just pray we see Saunders and Co get a chance to mix it up. Some huge UK rucks on offer there.

Kell Brook has risen under Hearn quickly. I think Eddie has done a great job with him, and good luck come title night Kell! I believe in you!

Nathan has dodged several more drafts in 2012. I can only wish he won't do the same in 2013. Next up another bum, but after that who knows? Maybe a unification fight.

So many delights in 2012. What's been your best moment in boxing?

RIP to all the greats we lost too. Some truly superb boxers and trainers passed.

Amen.

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

A Cultured Look Back: Merry Xmas Empty Re: A Cultured Look Back: Merry Xmas

Post by hampo17 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

Good write up Davide, not sure about Froch fighter of the year as I think Donaire has had a better 12 months.

Hopefully the next 12 months bring some more great battles.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

davidemore wrote:We had the absolute pancaking of Pac Man. Wow. Who saw that coming? Not him.

Laugh

Nice little overview of the year davie.

For me personally, Froch - Bute was moment of the year. There might have been better fights, more significant results, whatever, Froch is my favourite boxer and after the question of whether Bute would be too good for him in the build up, a question that was answered with a 'yes' by many, that was brilliant.

No other moment in boxing this year made me a happy as that did.

Merry Christmas pal. A Cultured Look Back: Merry Xmas 3513163098
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

Nice one Emore

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content