The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad.

3 posters

Go down

Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad. Empty Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad.

Post by chrisss Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:03 pm

According to cricinfo, it's due to the same family illness that caused him to fly home after the first t20. Personally I can't understand why Root has been called up ahead of James Taylor. Apparently, one good Test match makes up for an average List A Record, and one average Test and one poor Test means more than a great List A record...

chrisss

Back to top Go down

Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad. Empty Re: Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad.

Post by Kidderlad Fri 28 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Wishing all the best to Bairstow and his family.

It seems almost wrong to talk about the Cricket, but I was really hoping he would play as keeper in the ODIs, as I feel long term he is a far better bet than Keiswetter.

Kidderlad

Back to top Go down

Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad. Empty Re: Bairstow out of India ODIs, Root to replace him in the squad.

Post by Shelsey93 Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:31 pm

I think the impressions people give to the EPP coaches make a big difference these days. I know that Graham Thorpe is a huge Root fan.

In fairness Taylor has gone on 2 or 3 Lions/ EPP tours to Asia and each time he's done OK but no better. I suspect they want to stretch him before giving him another international chance.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down