The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most "moving" scenes in movie history???

+23
Mr Bounce
Hoggy_Bear
compelling and rich
The Boss
Morgannwg
Galted
Hulking_up
hodge
djlovesyou
guildfordbat
Cyril
Pr4wn
The Womble
alfie
Mind the windows Tino.
kingjohn7
Liam
dummy_half
Skydriver
superflyweight
Stella
Pal Joey
TRUSSMAN66
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most "moving" scenes in movie history??? - Page 2 Empty Most "moving" scenes in movie history???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Always loved the bit where Darth vader chucks the Emperor over the rail in Jedi.......(really stirs the heart)

When the Dad dies in How green is my valley is very moving.....

The end of Dead ringers....................(the movie)

When old Scrooge (Alastair Sim) walks into the party at his nephew's (very stirring)....

Some memorable ones that spring to mind........................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Most "moving" scenes in movie history??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Most "moving" scenes in movie history???

Post by Stella Thu 10 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

The trouble with that scene was, you knew they would come out.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Most "moving" scenes in movie history??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Most "moving" scenes in movie history???

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Laugh I know but it still makes me well up!

Although this is coming from a guy who's welled up during DIY SOS so maybe I'm just too emotional!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 10 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote: Laugh I know but it still makes me well up!

Although this is coming from a guy who's welled up during DIY SOS so maybe I'm just too emotional!

Yeah, watching Nick Knowles could make Roy Keane cry Very Happy
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:Artex sinking in the mud in The Neverending Story.

You horrible, horrible man.

I've spent about 20 years removing this traumatic episode from my mind. Piece by tiny piece.

Now you have brought all those memories flooding back.

I hate you.

couldnt agree more on this one, one of my favourite childhood films, always got me as a kid, oh and all dogs go to heaven

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

The end of Pan's Labyrinth gets me pretty snot-eyed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:07 pm

Galted wrote:The end of Pan's Labyrinth gets me pretty snot-eyed.

Spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:11 pm

The end of Watership Down for me as Hazel is visited by the Black Rabbit.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:23 pm

@ compelling and rich
I do get annoyed with ambiguous endings but given the sad nature of the film I'd assume it's the magic world bit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:30 pm

Galted wrote:@ compelling and rich
I do get annoyed with ambiguous endings but given the sad nature of the film I'd assume it's the magic world bit.

yeah thats how i read it, so thought it more a happy ending than sad

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:12 pm

Hero wrote:The end of Watership Down for me as Hazel is visited by the Black Rabbit.

Forgot about that one. There is a strangely heroic moment when the big bad rabbit (can't remember his name) goes out to face the dogs and certain death.

That film is a real tough one to take as a kid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

the scene on the roof at the end of lilya-4-ever when you realise how sh1tty their heaven is

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

Galted wrote:The scene in Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne plays the duet from Marriage of Figaro with Red's voiceover.

Great scene but my favourite one is when Andy, Red and the rest of them are fixing the roof in the blazing sunshine. Andy manages to secure some cold beers for them by helping the guard with his tax. He then refuses to take one and sits on his own in the shade.

Cue Morgan Freeman's voiceover;

"You could argue he'd done it to curry favor with the guards. Or, maybe make a few friends among us cons. Me, I think he did it just to feel normal again, if only for a short while".

I love that part.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 11 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm

I like that scene as well, Shawshank Redemption wouldn't be half the film if anyone but Morgan Freeman narrated.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2