The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY????????

5 posters

Go down

What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY???????? Empty What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY????????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

Just what we needed STOKE in the 4th round of the cup.........Then again not sure the FA cup is enough to save him anyway without the league.....

Whilst the Sheikh isn't as mercenary as the Rusian boy will 2nd in the league with no trophy be enough to save Mancini especially now Pepe has hinted that he wants to return!!.......Mourinho looks set to leave Madrid also!!

Would 2nd and a cup be enough.......Or does he have to turn Utd round!!!

Or is he safe now?????...Not sure myself what the sheikh has in store..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY???????? Empty Re: What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY????????

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:14 pm

I think he'd have to win the Premier League, Mancini's only hope is that Manchester United are distracted by European competition, but I think Real Madrid will knock United out in the next round anyway.

I think Mancini will have to win the Premier League to stay in the job, the FA Cup is really not enough. Especially after the European embarrassment.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY???????? Empty Re: What will Mancini need to do.............to STAY????????

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 08 Jan 2013, 1:16 pm

I'm not even sure winning the Premier League will be enough, as I think City have set their sights on Guardiola.

Long-term they want to follow the Barcelona model, with the development of the youth academy similiar to La Masia. They've also got Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano within the club's hierarchy, who were with Pep at Barca, so in my opinion it doesn't look good for Mancini.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:21 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Long-term they want to follow the Barcelona model, with the development of the youth academy similiar to La Masia. They've also got Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano within the club's hierarchy, who were with Pep at Barca, so in my opinion it doesn't look good for Mancini.

Totally agree. Mancini's days are numbered.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Jan 2013, 3:59 pm

After watching Real on sunday.....I fancy Utd.....

I agree with the consensus...our lack of width is downright embarrassing considering our spending over the last few years..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:After watching Real on sunday.....I fancy Utd.....

I agree with the consensus...our lack of width is downright embarrassing considering our spending over the last few years..

I think Mourinho will be totally focused on Europe right now, La Liga is out of sight now. United will always have one eye on the league though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:09 am

I think he has to go even if he wins the PL. man city seem scitsophrenic.. CL is needed- a team like them can not go another year without getting out of the groups.. Even if they win the PL.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

I think if he wins the league and is sacked that is very harsh. Winning either the Premier League or Champions League should never result in a manager being sacked, they are the both what club football is all about, and winning the league is much harder.

It would be a sad day if winning your domestic league is not seen as success.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

ermm. Yeah well i think the way city will look at it is - How can we win the PL but keep losing out in the CL.. Its still not enough.

No other winner off the PL or top 2 has ever gone out at groups the next year(yet alone two years running!!). CL will be in the mind of the fans and the board

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down