The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

+10
Colan (niner)
Number-25
dancingweeman
sodhat
crazy_dave23
mikeygnfl
Skyforger
GSC
Thomond
Good Golly I'm Olly
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread! - Page 2 Empty Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So today is the day we find out who will be heading to New Orleans for Super Bowl 47!

Will it be a Harbaugh Bowl?
Can Matty Ice make it?
Will Kaepernick be able to repeat his Green Bay performance?
Will Brady-Belichick become the first Head Coach-QB partnership in history to make it to 6 Super Bowls?
Will the Ravens fairytale continue?

So many questions, all will be answered over the coming hours! It should be great
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

Post by sodhat Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:44 am

Olly wrote:Desperately need a Red zone threat at WR. Someone in the mould of a Colston.

I would sort out the defence first though for sure.

People suggesting Brady to go, I see no clamour for the Osweiler (spelling) era in Denver Whistle

That's because Ryan Mallett is definitely the second coming of Joe Montana. Or Matt Cassel. I forget which one.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Championship Sunday Discussion Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Championship Sunday Discussion Thread!

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:53 am

There were plenty of times last night, when Brady had the ball, the Ravens defence just opened up. If they do that against the 49ers, Kaepernick will just be making hay...

It was also good to see LaMichael James making an impact last night and that the 49ers 2012 draft wasn't all a 'bust' for this season anyway (I think most picks were for the future. Just hope AJ Jenkins turns out as good as Kaepernick in his second year).

I thought it was a bit harsh on the Patriots that one of the key moments came when Ridley fumbled. I thought he only lost the ball when he was knocked out.

mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

Isn't Ryan Mallett off to Cleveland to be replaced by Tebow who will be hooking up with his old coach in New England? One article I read suggested Tebow could be the future for the Patriots after developing under Brady. laughing
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:Isn't Ryan Mallett off to Cleveland to be replaced by Tebow who will be hooking up with his old coach in New England? One article I read suggested Tebow could be the future for the Patriots after developing under Brady. laughing

Yeah, so it's not all bad, Olly.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

sodhat wrote:Anyone see Terrelle Suggs' comments after the game? Classy guy...
He wasn't the only one: Shannon Sharpe wasn't too impressed with Belichick.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:11 pm

The Ravens D seems to be Brady's kryptonite. Never plays well against them, never!

Maybe we can trade Mallett for Colt McCoy if Lombardi is high on Mallett Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:

Lets face it Belichick probably wouldn't have said much anyways. His interviews send you to sleep lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 21 Jan 2013, 1:54 pm

Bernard Pollard. That is all.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:07 pm

My prediction for the Super Bowl.

Harbaugh will win.

Now to be serious - which one played for the Colts?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:09 pm

Jim
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:11 pm

I'm going with the 49ers then. Watched some videos of him on Youtube a while back, he had a Captain Comeback thing about him, and for that, I like him.

I also like Kapernick!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

The 49ers are much more likable with Kaepernick at QB.

Plus they don't have murderers and woman beaters on their team (should Crabtree not be guilty)

Last edited by GSC on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:16 pm

I guess its that I love a mobile QB.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 2:19 pm

The Patriots were 12-2 before spygate, 5-5 since.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:17 pm

niner wrote:The Superbowl matchup looks great to me! Lewis in his last game, and we can see him and compare him to the new best ILB's in the game, Bowman and Willis.
Lewis doesn't compare to Bowman and Willis, not at this point in his career anyway.

GSC wrote:I think its time for the Ryan Mallett era
Just as long as it's not in New England.

Skyforger wrote:
GSC wrote:Ultimately Brady just doesn't get it done in the big games anymore

When I suggested this in the chat box people laughed at me. In the last few years he just seems to choke when it really matters.

Tebow to New England!
It's because you're talking about quitting on one of the best QBs in the modern game while he's still playing at a high level.

GSC wrote:Its time for Belichick to dispense with the gimmick TE and midget offense and find a WR who can go vertical I think.
Nothing gimmick about an offense based on multiple TE formations, particularly when you have two of the best in the game.

That was disappointing last night but much respect to the Ravens, except Bernard Pollard, he can duckmysick. I'll cheer for the 49ers in the SB - hope Randy Moss gets a ring.

Last edited by twelve283 on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:34 pm

I can see more teams using two tight ends, especially if the qb position becomes more mobile and the 'half back' option replaces rb & fb. Delanie Walker has definitely seen more of the play since Kaepernick has come in.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Bernard Pollard. That is all.

I literally hate facing him. So much.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

"Defence wins Championships"

49ers and Ravens D shut out other high powered opposing offences in the 2nd half. Old adage comes true again
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 4:58 pm

Olly wrote:

Haha read them this morning. Gracious I see Laugh

I guess the Pats will find some consolation in the old saying.... "I'd rather be an arrogant ***** than a wife beater"!

Honestly, you'd think a guy with Suggs' unsavoury past would maybe try and keep his head down and not draw attention to himself, especially when his transgressions are still so fresh in the memory. Guy obviously has no shame. Surely he should just be turning up, playing his best, getting dressed and going back home.... assuming of course the wife hasn't changed the locks while he was out!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 5:10 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:

Mountains and molehills. So the guy didn't feel like talking in the immediate aftermath of losing a big game. Big deal. For some people, it's just any reason to have a go at Belichick, Brady and the Patriots. I guess some people just can't handle the jealousy of the success these guys have had. I should obviously point out that I'm not a Pats fan even though this might come across as sounding like I am. Just get fed up with people having a go at them for no reason. Comments like Sharpe's are just tiresome. It's just lazy journalism/summarising.

Also, Bernard Pollard is now mouthing off about Brady kicking Ed Reed while sliding. Can someone please tell the Ravens' players that the bitchy and catty comments should perhaps be left to the Lingerie League instead of the NFL. There's just been too much of it from them over the last week or so. I'll be honest, if he did kick him while sliding then good on him - after the way Ngata nailed RG3 while he was going to ground in the regular season game between the Redskins and Ravens I'd encourage any QB in that situation have a pop at a Ravens defender before he has a chance to have a pop at you.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2