The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal

+11
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
GSC
JJJohnson
RinoGattuso
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
Paul Mac 6CW
Hero
Bull
Dolphin Ziggler
15 posters

Go down

*Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal Empty *Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:19 pm

It's being reported Jericho will have a run with the WWE until Mania again.

How the hell do they book him now for it to be worthwhile. The two rumours are him to face Ziggler at EC and then going back to heel and facing Ryback at Wrestlemania.

As a man who is clearly just aiming to put people over, how do you make his run have any impact? His feud with Ziggler clearly isn't over, but would beating him be a rub for Ziggler? Jericho can still work really well in the ring, but being squashed by Ryback is all he could offer in that feud?

So, I basically ask how you think they can make this better than last years return of the saviour?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

*Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal Empty Re: *Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal

Post by Bull Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:27 pm

Zigger v Jericho : WHC

screw Ryback he sucks

Bull

Back to top Go down

*Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal Empty Re: *Spoilers* returning star set for short term deal

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

very constructive Bull :p

I wouldn't see any sense in putting him with Ryback. I don't really see them lighting up the world with a match of the year contender, surely Ryback would need to go up against somebody bigger than Jericho, like a Lesnar or someone

Think Jericho would be much better used putting the likes of Rollins or Ambrose over

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:56 pm

Well he's face so it'll be a heel presumably.
Either of Rollins or Ambrose would be an excellent match and I presume the Shield will start this RAW to build a feud for Mania as the guys they've targeted so far will all now start going off towards building their story lines too.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2013, 7:58 pm

It's Jericho, he could be a heel on raw and a face on Smackdown, flip flopping his way around

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 28 Jan 2013, 8:02 pm

Ziggler at WM allowing Ziggler to pull a double shift and cash in against Cena

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

Aw I hoped it would be Goldust Sad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:35 pm

WWE need to book it better this time, he looked really strong in the Rumble and they need to continue that, I'd like to see him booked really strong from now until 'Mania until whoever can go over him. There's no point in Jericho letting everybody go over him for the whole time he's back, nobody will get anything from that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm

If he turns heel which is very likely, i'd like him to have a run with Bryan.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:57 pm

So Jericho is back for two months and the plan is for him to play the face to Ziggler in the first month....and a heel for Ryback in his second month, jeez they really don't have a clue do they.

Jericho got a major pop last night, he should be kept as a face in this run. I'd have him go on a very solid run from now until Mania, and put over either Wade Barrett or Antonio Cesaro.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:05 pm

I don't see the point honestly. Jericho comes back for a few months, jobs, leaves. Its not even convincing somebody going over him anymore.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:09 pm

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:Ziggler at WM allowing Ziggler to pull a double shift and cash in against Cena
#

cant happen as Ziggs MITB is for the WHC

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:10 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:
Paul Mac 6CW wrote:Ziggler at WM allowing Ziggler to pull a double shift and cash in against Cena
#

cant happen as Ziggs MITB is for the WHC

And the WWE never twist something or change a plot to suit them?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:12 pm

wont change it as Cena cashed in the one for the WWE title.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:39 pm

And?

If they wanted to make a change they could, what was the strapline for the Rock v Cena match last year?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

Once In A Life Time.

and it will be as it Will be a Triple Threat or a "Life time lasts a year" Wink

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm

Perhaps it should have read 'once in the lifetime...of a mayfly'

Seriously though WWE set the rules, they therefore can change or break the rules, they wish to amend something they do so, they wish for you to forget things that have happened in the past then they ignore it, Edge and Christian were brothers? Naah they're just mates, HHH fought Undertaker before at Mania? Naah that never happened either, Chris Benoit, well we won't go there.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 29 Jan 2013, 7:39 am

While I agree Hero, Ziggler seems set for the WHC. His feud with Cena seems like filler.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

Jericho/Ziggler at Mania? No thanks, WrestleMania should be for marquee matches, matches we either haven't seen before or don't see often, how many times have Jericho and Ziggy had in the last year? They had matches on free TV, this should never then progress to a WrestleMania match

I'd give Jericho to one of the Shield

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:50 pm

I'd like to see Cesaro v Jericho though as pointed out to me jericho is Canadian so doesn't fit with the US theme. Daniel Bryan ideally for me would be Jericho's opponent but that must be nailed on for Kane.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

Jericho would be best used at Wrestlemania in the dark match battle royal.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

Y2J vs Jefferson Impact - book it now!

oops, wrong thread.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:13 pm

Adam D wrote:Y2J vs Jefferson Impact - book it now!

oops, wrong thread.

Jefferson Impact would never go for that, he doesn't work with no marks!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:37 pm

Looks like Jericho vs Ziggler at EC as a bit of a time filler before Wrestlemania. It'll be fine, Ziggy's got stardust Sorry

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:48 pm

So Jericho has popped up again for another Wrestlemania payday.
If he's unwilling to commit to a long term deal or a legends contract, this really should be his last. There's not too much they can do with him in such a short time frame.

Here's what I'd do.. Give Ziggler the clean win at EC, and then give Jericho the second or third match at Wrestlemania. Take a lower-mid carder with some talent to go with this approach, "man you really are pathetic. best in the world? please. you're a shell of the man you once were. and you hold people like me back. hell, i didn't even get a draw at the Royal Rumble and yet people like you show up on the day and get my number". Jericho gives him the rub at the big one and a potential upper-mid carder is created.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 30 Jan 2013, 2:25 am

Biggest pop of the ppv and best showing yet people want him to job... Have him kick ass then when he does a job it will mean something.

Should go over at mania.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:02 am

The reason no-one cares if he kicks ass now is because he's rolled over and jobbed to the most ridiculous guys over the last 3 years, beating Jericho means absolutely zilch now whilst losing to Jericho is more of a shock

Its commendable that Jericho wants to put younger talent over but he went the wrong way about it completely, i feel his judgement is tainted by him getting held back in WCW and he doesnt want to go down the same route, however he's now at a stage where no-one would even notice if and when he loses, it offers very little, who in the past 3 years has beat Jericho and looked better for it and what has it done to their careers over the course of the period since?

JTG
Evan Bourne
John Morrison
Wade Barrett
Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
Festus
Tyson Kidd

Has any of these guys careers really blossomed since getting their big wins over Jericho? I dont believe so, thats just guys off the top of my head, there will be dozens of guys like those mentioned, would these guys careers in 2013 be any worse if they didn't beat Jericho?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:12 am

I'm not even sure its about whether Jericho wins or loses anymore. The fans are clearly pleased to see him back in the ring regardless. Why can't we just enjoy him performing?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:23 am

I think WWE need to let him win some matches, he looked really strong in the Rumble, booked in a much stronger way than Ziggler and they need to build on that by building him up as strong. While he's jobbed a lot over the past 3 years, I think his reputation in WWE, his rapport with the fans and his natural charisma mean it wouldn't take a lot for him to look like a genuine threat again. The main thing against him is the fact that it's a short deal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down