The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ??

+11
Adam D
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hampo17
hodge
Hoggy_Bear
ONETWOFOREVER
Skydriver
hornbloweroafc
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ?? Empty Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Live and let Die = "Same time next week Mrs......"

Poor old Lady thinks she's having a flying lesson when Moore jumps in.... Plane gets shot at...plane crashes into other planes, lot's of carnage....Then he utters that immortal line!! Class.......

Commando = "You remember when I said I'd kill you last Sonny........I lied"

LA Confidential = "Some Men get the World, others get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona"........class way to finish a movie!!

D-Tox/Eye see you = "How was the fishing??"....After Stallone gets stabbed and his boss gets shot twice in a fight with a cop killer..cool!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ?? Empty Re: Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ??

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm

"I've often speculated why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Run off with a senator's wife? I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me."

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ?? Empty Re: Greatest one liners /wisecracks in the movies ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Not a movie but I remember watching one of your Only fools and horses where Derek is in a dentist chair........

Dentist : I'm going to have to give you an injection...How did you get here?

Del : My brother brought me.

Dentist : Just a little Tinkywinky...

Del : Oh you know him then do you..

class...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Raising Arizona:

"Do you have any of those balloons that come in funny shapes?"

"Nope. Unless you think round is funny."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Wink Cool ..one of the few films I like Cage in!!

Watched a British film years ago and two couples were playing bridge..Each was teamed up with the other man's wife!!

After losing... one of the guy goes for a p**s and you can hear him peeing up against the Caravan they are in!!!

The Guy's Wife - "I'm very sorry about this ........."

Other Wife - "Don't be it's the first time all night I've known what's been in his hand!!! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Sorry Hornblower.....I neglected to check out the threads below..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

A few entries from Avengers [Assemble], which need to be taken in context:

* Loki refers to Black Widow using an archaic word that is apparently very, very rude - "You mewling *!$@". Circumvented censors probably because they didn't know what it meant (I certainly didn't, but thought it sounded like a good insult).
* Cap America issuing orders to the team, ending with "Hulk... Smash!"
* And of course, the big green guy himself - "Puny god!!!"

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 pm

It's no problem Trussman Very Happy

Dumb and Dumber:

Copper: Pullover!
Harry: No, it's a cardigan but thanks for noticing.
Lloyd: Yeah, killer boots man!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:32 am

Transformers the cartoon movie:

Autobots transform and drove out.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:59 am

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know"
-Grouch Marx, Animal Crackers.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 am

Enter the Dragon:

"Don't think, feel! It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:02 am

"I can't swim!!!!!"

"Ha ha so what the fall will probably kill you!!

Butch cassidy...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:02 am

Skydriver wrote:A few entries from Avengers [Assemble], which need to be taken in context:

* Loki refers to Black Widow using an archaic word that is apparently very, very rude - "You mewling *!$@". Circumvented censors probably because they didn't know what it meant (I certainly didn't, but thought it sounded like a good insult).

Prefer these two from Avengers

Stark talking to Thor about does Stark know what he's messing with:

"Shakespeare in the park? Does mother know you wear'th her drapes?" and Thor talking to Loki "Now you listen here" Iron man tackles Thor away. Loki - "I'm listening" (or waiting I can't remember)

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 am

hodge wrote:
Skydriver wrote:A few entries from Avengers [Assemble], which need to be taken in context:

Prefer these two from Avengers

Stark talking to Thor about does Stark know what he's messing with:

"Shakespeare in the park? Does mother know you wear'th her drapes?" and Thor talking to Loki "Now you listen here" Iron man tackles Thor away. Loki - "I'm listening" (or waiting I can't remember)

Nerds.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:35 am

Few from the Avengers

Pepper Potts: Is this about the Avengers? Which I know nothing about.
Tony Stark: The Avengers initiative was scrapped, I thought. And I didn't even qualify.
Pepper Potts: I didn't know that either.
Tony Stark: Apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, and don't play well with others.
Pepper Potts: I knew that.

Loki: What have I to fear?
Tony Stark: The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing.
Loki: Yes, I've met them.
Tony Stark: Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: your brother the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and YOU, big fella, you've managed to urine off every single one of them.
Loki: That was the plan.
Tony Stark: Not a great plan. When they come, and they WILL, they'll come for you.
Loki: I have an army.
Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:40 am

Another favourite, from Dr.Strangelove.
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the war room!"
Very Happy

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 pm

My favourite Venkman line in Ghostbusters

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by d!ckless here.
Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no d!ck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 am

60% of the time, it works every time

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:60% of the time, it works every time

Think we would need a separate thread for that film Laugh

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:06 am

"you cant take that out - its the Sanity Clause"

"You cant fool me - there aint no Sanity Claus"

(Or words to those effects from the Marx Bros)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:13 am

The Princess Bride -
Vizzini: ! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 am

Snatch
Bricktop - "Do you know what nemesis means...?"

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 am

'True Romance' for me has one of the greatest exchanges ever recorded in cinematic history between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken.

Clifford Worley: I haven't seen Clarence.

Coccotti: You see that?
[Holding a clenched fist, then striking Clifford]

Coccotti: That smarts, doesn't it? Getting slammed in the nose. Frak you all up. You get that pain shootin' through your brain, your eyes fill up with water. That ain't any kind of fun, but what I have to offer you, that's as good as it's gonna get. And it won't ever get that good again. We talked to your neighbors. They saw a Cadillac. Purple Cadillac. Clarence's purple Cadillac, parked in front of your trailer yesterday.

Mr. Worley, you seen your son?

Coccotti: You know who I am, Mr. Worley?

Clifford Worley: I give up. Who are you?

Coccotti: I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you. My name is Vincent Coccotti. I work as counsel for Mr. Blue Lou Boyle, the man your son stole from. I hear you were once a cop so I can assume you've heard of us before. Am I correct?

Clifford Worley: I've heard of Blue Lou Boyle.

Coccotti: I'm glad. Hopefully that will clear up the "how full of Poopie am I?" question you've been asking yourself.
Share this quote

Coccotti: Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothing but you're telling me everything.
Share this quote

Clifford Worley: You're Sicilian, huh?

Coccotti: Yeah, Sicilian.

Clifford Worley: Ya know, I read a lot. Especially about things... about history. I find that Poopie fascinating. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not. Sicilians were spawned by niggers.

Coccotti: Come again?

Clifford Worley: It's a fact. Yeah. You see, uh, Sicilians have, uh, black blood pumpin' through their hearts. Hey, no, if eh, if eh, if you don't believe me, uh, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, uh, you see,
uh, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are niggers.

Coccotti: Yes...

Clifford Worley: So you see, way back then, uh, Sicilians were like, uh, wops from Northern Italy. Ah, they all had blonde hair and blue eyes, but, uh, well, then the Moors moved in there, and uh, well, they changed the whole country. They did so much Frak' with Sicilian women, huh? That they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became black hair and dark skin. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that, uh, that Sicilians still carry that person of African descent gene. Now this...

[Coccotti busts out laughing]

Clifford Worley: No, I'm, no, I'm quoting... history. It's written. It's a fact, it's written.

Coccotti: [laughing] I love this guy.

Clifford Worley: Your ancestors are niggers. Uh-huh.
[Starts laughing, too]

Clifford Worley: Hey. Yeah. And, and your great-great-great-great grandmother Frak a person of African descent, ho, ho, yeah, and she had a half-person of African descent kid... now, if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you, you're part eggplant.

[All laugh]

Last edited by SharkSoul on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 am

Red Heat.........

Good work!!....

Thankyou

I didn't mean that!!...

I know

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:38 am

The Hangover -

Dr Valsh (Matt Walsh): (Phil asks the doctor if he knows how to get to the chapel) "I do. It's at the corner of get a map and :,-k off."

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am

"Theres no school like the old school and im the fking headmaster"

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 am

Duck soup...........

"I could dance with you till the cows come home...on second thought i'd rather dance with the cows till you come home..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 am

Similar vein from the Marx brothers (as in "I should have mailed it to the Marxsh brothersh") - was this one also from Duck Soup?

"Madam, I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

"I shot an elephant in my pyjamas this morning......How it got in my pyjamas I'll never know!!"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Mae West..."I used to be Snow white...but I drifted"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 am

"I have to get back to Los Angeles."

"Have you ever seen the movie Forrest Gump? He ran across the U.S. and he was pretty stupid. I have faith in you."

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down