The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors

+34
thebluesmancometh
Imperialbigdave
123skelm
LeinsterFan4life
Taffineastbourne
Cardiff Dave
bsando
TJ1
Metal Tiger
LondonTiger
Steffan
Manky-Flanker
Casartelli
MacKnocked-on
wales606
GLove39
pioden gorllewin
glamorganalun
21st Century Schizoid Man
jimbopip
reallybored
Luckless Pedestrian
George Carlin
alive555
EWT Spoons
funnyExiledScot
EST
youngguns6
Dorothy_Mantooth
IanBru
Pat_Mustard
UlstermaninGlasgow
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
38 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors - Page 4 Empty N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 13 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

GlasgowWarriors:

Murchie McGuigan Bennett Dunbar van der Merwe Weir Pyrgos; Reid MacArthur Welsh Swinson Ryder Eddie Barclay Wilson (c)

Subs: Price Fainga'anuku Low Gray Strauss Matawalu Wight Thomson

And the Messiah gets a start at last!

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors - Page 4 Empty Re: N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors

Post by IanBru Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:59 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:Dont get me wrong i'm not suggesting he's arrogant, just needs to brush up his decision making.
Yeah, I think that's it - I was probably too harsh putting it down to 'ego', and the irony of me criticising someone else's ego is rather shameless!

The decision of whether to spread the ball (bearing in mind that every pass is an 80/20 gamble) or cut inside is always tough, and the proof is in the pudding - if a try is scored, or the line is broken, it was the right decision. If it isn't, it wasn't.

EST wrote:I'm sure a few weeks of DTH screaming for the pass will sort out the decision making.
I definitely agree with that. The good thing is, Bennett already looks like he has the basics (and quite a bit more) for top-level rugby - he just needs a bit of polishing. Fortunately, if he's learning from guys like Al Kellock, Josh Strauss, DTH and James Eddie (real 'club men'), who ooze 'team ethic' and selflessness, he'll learn very quickly how to be a model professional.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors - Page 4 Empty Re: N-G Dragons vs Glasgow Warriors

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

That is exactly what we have and embra do not have (Kellock, Eddie, DTH, Morrison) - a real play for the jersey, club ethic. With the exception of Laidlaw and possibly Tonks they are a bunch of prima donnas and are well named the MFLs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:14 am

Can I just say that the scoreline wasn't a true reflection of the game: we also missed a penalty, so it could have been 6 - 60. Erm

I don't know where to start on that performance. People started leaving after the fifth try, which was a shame because as poor as our defence was, Glasgow were playing some great rugby. There was an evident difference in philosophy between the sides: where we would have players (often forwards) standing still in midfield, taking the ball up and dying with it, Glasgow always had a man on the shoulder looking for the pass out of the tackle. There was so much more of a threat in the visitors' backline. We were just passing the ball along the line with no dummy runners and the defence could just drift and contain us.

There are calls for the coaching team to be shaken up and I don't disagree, but it's simplistic to say that that's where the blame lies; playing personnel is also an issue. Someone's mentioned Ian Nimmo and really, he's slow and far too upright when he takes the ball into contact. Problem is that our two other front-line locks are hardworking but over the hill. Andrew Coombs has been filling in well but the bustard's gone and got a call up for Wales.

Behind the scrum, it wasn't a great night for Jon Evans, and after a brightish start, Steffan Jones's head seemed to drop (though his wasn't the only one). He was out of the side (and the squad) for a while earlier in the season and I'm certain he knows he doesn't have the confidence of the coaches, which is so important in a key playmaking position. Our centres weren't bad, but Dixon and Leach are too similar. Adam Hughes outside Dixon would have been better, but again, there were no angles being run so Hughes would have been contained too.

Tom Prydie is such a frustrating player. He can be great but at other times he looks like he can't be @rsed. Dan Evans is a classy full back but even he was guilty of just shipping on bad ball.

It was a hammering, but I want to end by wishing Glasgow good luck for the rest of the season. You could see from the celebrations after Bennett's and Paris's tries that there's a great camaraderie there. We could do with some of that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:50 am

Luckless,

as Gibbo would say keep the faith bro - you got a hammering on a night where all the training ground moves came off for The Warriors and the forwards were devastating all around the field. We had a lot more to play for than your guys and it showed. Over the years we have built up a good rapport with The Dragons support both home and away and I am sure it will continue.
Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:11 pm

I've seen the game now. Some cracking back play from Glasgow, and Alex Dunbar in particular. He should certainly be ahead of Max Evans now, and could bring some real impact off the bench at either 12 or 13 for Scotland next Sunday.

Bennett should continue at 13 - he needs to be playing now, and with Lamont and Dunbar presumably on Scotland duty, there's absolutley no reason not to give him a run. His decision making isn't perfect, but it's experience he really needs. The Ulster game would be perfect for him, a real pressure fixture.

Fantastic performance and result and coming at a perfect time. Now to chew up Ulster....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:22 pm

..... and fES get on that train through to the West on Friday night and soak up the Scotstoun atmos mate !

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:42 pm

I just watched the game - what a performance. Can someone please do something to the rest of the scotland 10s so Wee Dunky can claim his place

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

It was a hammering, but I want to end by wishing Glasgow good luck for the rest of the season. You could see from the celebrations after Bennett's and Paris's tries that there's a great camaraderie there. We could do with some of that.

Camaraderie was one of the few things we had in abundance a few season ago and even if teams won they were never given the victory and always had to work for it. Glasgow didnt have to do a lot for that win in the end.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

Keep the faith man !

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

bedford

Your bang on, I switched off after the immensely complicated and superbly executed crash ball inside the 10 that went under the posts untouched from first phase...

I was laughing with anger at that little beauty!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:26 pm

I am somewhat surprised by the response of some Scottish fans who appear very one-eyed.
Certainly Glasgow played well but in context they were playing close to unopposed Rugby as my Dragons were abject in the extreme.Eastbourne 3rds might have fancied their chances against the Dragons shameful "opposition".

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:09 pm

One eyed about what exactly ? You play what is in front of you ffs. Plonker !

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:One eyed about what exactly ? You play what is in front of you ffs. Plonker !
You are an offensive moron but you have the right to your opinion.I salute you Rolling Eyes

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

And the question genius ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:22 pm

If you need to ask there is little point,Einstein.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

Too much time off the lithium old boy - maybe you should up your dosage !

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:27 pm

Might I suggest a mirror and/or yoga.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:17 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Might I suggest a mirror and/or yoga.

Just ignore him, hes the resident scottish troll and hes very unhinged.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 18 Feb 2013, 1:04 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:I am somewhat surprised by the response of some Scottish fans who appear very one-eyed.
Whoa, the irony of this statement hit me like the 18:37 from Glasgow Central.

Utterly astounding.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:35 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Can I just say that the scoreline wasn't a true reflection of the game: we also missed a penalty, so it could have been 6 - 60. Erm
Laugh Generous comments, Luckless.

The only thing that my mates from Newport were more upset by than the scoreline was the fact that Gerwyn Price was playing AGAINST the Dragons when he should have been playing for them.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:51 am

Someone else mentioned that upthread, suggesting it was shameful that the Dragons didn't sign Gerwyn Price. Well, we already have two hookers, both of them Welsh, and after Price came and trained with us pre-season it was decided he wasn't as good as either of them. From some of the comments, you'd think he was the best hooker in Wales and we'd chosen to have two NWQ hookers on our books instead of him. With only four regions, there are only so many squad places available - but apparently the WRU are keen to rectify that by reducing the number of regions. Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:55 am

IanBru wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:I am somewhat surprised by the response of some Scottish fans who appear very one-eyed.
Whoa, the irony of this statement hit me like the 18:37 from Glasgow Central.

Utterly astounding.

indeed.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:56 am

Fair do's, Luckless. I think it was accepted that he was carrying an injury when he tried out for the Dragons and their policy meant he could not be considered. The bigger questions is why Cardiff decided against him when they considered him later. What is true is that it's always easy to look good when your pack is dominant.

Also, given that everyone was 10 pints of Brains into the evening, I think that kittens shadowboxing would have angered my lot of rugby reprobates.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 18 Feb 2013, 8:08 am

Well the Blues have signed Matthew Rees, who's Welsh but hardly one for the future.

And I'm well aware our defending was terrible in the second half, there's no need to rub it in with your 'kittens shadowboxing' remark! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 18 Feb 2013, 8:28 am

No, no - I meant only that my lot in Newpy would have got angry at anything by the time that they were 40 points down. Ale

As so often on these boards, I am genuinely undeterred by my gags falling on their @rse.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 18 Feb 2013, 8:35 am

We play Zebre away on Sunday. I'd love to Zebre get their first win, but please God let it not be against us!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 18 Feb 2013, 8:52 am

Imperialbigdave wrote:

Thanks for you insightful input Stato boy - as always useful. Go compile some interesting statistical facts that bore us all rigid. As even you can probably work out we are trying to find out exactly what this poster meant by 'one-eyed' You on the other hand pitch up from the loser's posts and haunt me. Rather a saddo are'nt ya ? laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 18 Feb 2013, 9:21 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:We play Zebre away on Sunday. I'd love to Zebre get their first win, but please God let it not be against us!

LP,

Unfortunately after that performance I am not holding my breath.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Feb 2013, 1:14 pm

Zebre are improving and away from home that's a tough fixture. I'm hoping for a draw - for Edinburgh's sake.

I don't see us getting any points whatsoever from our next three fixtures so we need Connacht, Dragons and Zebre to get as little as possible to stop us slipping from partial to complete humiliation!

Dragons tackling really was bad though, and I've been sitting at Murrayfield watching Edinburgh! There really is no excuse for letting through that first Dunbar score or that second Swinson try. I'd back Tim Visser to have stopped those!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon 18 Feb 2013, 2:47 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
Imperialbigdave wrote:

Thanks for you insightful input Stato boy - as always useful. Go compile some interesting statistical facts that bore us all rigid. As even you can probably work out we are trying to find out exactly what this poster meant by 'one-eyed' You on the other hand pitch up from the loser's posts and haunt me. Rather a saddo are'nt ya ? laughing

stay classy you cretin.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 18 Feb 2013, 3:01 pm

I find the "ignore"facility pretty useful when my cretin alert goes off.Poor soul.You can't help feeling sorry.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4