The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again

+32
Mind the windows Tino.
hornbloweroafc
Hulking_up
harris.margaret9
WhiteCamry
dummy_half
88Chris05
RinoGattuso
Luke
Colan (niner)
ChequeredJersey
kingraf
SirJohnnyEnglish
Stella
asdral225
guildfordbat
Hero
CFCNick
ShahenshahG
Diggers
alfie
JuliusHMarx
ONETWOFOREVER
westisbest
TRUSSMAN66
superflyweight
Kenny
Mr Bounce
azania
hampo17
Galted
Adam D
36 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again - Page 2 Empty Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Feb 2013, 6:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

So lets hear about those films that you never grow bored of.

You know the ones.

You are doing something much more important and flick through the channels and suddenly discover a fave film thats 20 minutes in. Suddenly you realise that you have stayed on the channel till the end.

They don't have to be great films but are like old friends. You never tire of them and will watch them till the credits even though you have seen the a million times already.

I have about 5 films that I would lump into this category:

A Knights Tale - a family film starring Heath Ledger in the lead role of a knights sire who poses as his recently deceased master to become a jouster. Cracking yarn

The Princess Bride - every scene and cameo in this family movie has the power to capture your attention. Amazing dialogue that is just so quotable. Inconceivable that someone wouldnt love this film.

Galaxy Quest - yet another family film with a brilliant cast. A bit of a urine take on Star Trek but done in a loving way. The whole cast is fantastic in this.

ET - still the only film that makes me well up when I watch it (and so much better than Napolean Dynamite). Spielbergs finest.

Moulin Rouge - a real marmite film but still mesmerising to me. The visuals are just stunning and the songs aint bad too!

A few others I could most probably add too (Jaws and Megamind to name two)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again - Page 2 Empty Re: Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:00 am

Stella wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Stella wrote:
Bloodsport.

Now there is a blast from the past! I remember waiting till my parents were out and watching it on a dodgy VHS recording when I was about 13. Great stuff.

Made me sad when the big fat dude with a beard got killed.

Was that his mate? I don't think he was killed, but nearly. It was on telly the other day, and the acting of the of the young kids, when Frank was reminiscing was terrible, but who cares Very Happy

Yep, it was his big American mate. They bumped into each other playing an arcade game at the beginning of the film.

I could be wrong, Stella, but I thought he had been killed by the lead baddie and that was why JCVD wanted revenge in the final?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again - Page 2 Empty Re: Stop! Rewind < The films that you can watch time and time again

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:28 am

Hard Target is another good one.....Good production values on that one...

Always love it when he shoots that guy loads of times and when he tries to get up..

"Oh just give it a rest Pal"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:29 am

Stella wrote:
Stella wrote:
Bloodsport.

Now there is a blast from the past! I remember waiting till my parents were out and watching it on a dodgy VHS recording when I was about 13. Great stuff.

Was that his mate? I don't think he was killed, but nearly. It was on telly the other day, and the acting of the of the young kids, when Frank was reminiscing was terrible, but who cares Very Happy

Yep, it was his big American mate. They bumped into each other playing an arcade game at the beginning of the film.

I could be wrong, Stella, but I thought he had been killed by the lead baddie and that was why JCVD wanted revenge in the final?

His American mate is put in hospital but is ok. the main bad guy does kill another opponent before facing Van Damme in the final.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:31 am

There are so many films for me in this category it would take me ages to list them all. The one I have probably watched more than any other film is Point Break.

On another note, I have seen the first half of Shaun of the Dead soooo many times yet I think I've only ever seen the end maybe once? I think it goes downhill halfway through so I must get bored every time!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:36 am

hornbloweroafc wrote:
Stella wrote:
Stella wrote:
Bloodsport.

His American mate is put in hospital but is ok. the main bad guy does kill another opponent before facing Van Damme in the final.

Ah, I sit corrected then, thanks pal. I wish I hadn't cried so much earlier when Stella brought the film up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hard Target is another good one.....Good production values on that one...

Always love it when he shoots that guy loads of times and when he tries to get up..

"Oh just give it a rest Pal"

I saw this at the cinema.

Interesting fact about it - the poster (in the UK at least) claims that it was directed by "John Wood"

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:44 am

hornbloweroafc wrote:
Stella wrote:
Stella wrote:
Bloodsport.

Ah, I sit corrected then, thanks pal. I wish I hadn't cried so much earlier when Stella brought the film up.

Yeah, somebody got killed by the big bad baddie. Forrest Whitaker was in it as well. Must have been on of his earlier films, bar The Color Of Money.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

Kenny wrote:
Hulking_up wrote:Within the last couple of years (mainly thanks to Sky) it's been Bandslam. Morning Glory, Independence Day and Project X.

My teenage daughter loves this film and ........ehm makes watch it over and over again with her
The performance at the end is mind blowing.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat 09 Mar 2013, 12:43 am

alfie wrote:Just realized I forgot the Obvious One ...and so did everyone else :

Groundhog Day

I specifically came into the topic praying that someone had put this down...well played, sir! On topic:

Inception
An Education
Crash
Never Let Me Go
Hot Fuzz
Donnie Darko
Beauty & the Beast
The Deer Hunter
Every single Pixar film

But the undoubted runaway winner is The Sound of Music.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:55 pm

Hot Fuzz
Galaxy Quest
Kick Ass
Life of Brian
The Rock
Raiders of the Lost Ark

...And with the kids:
Avengers Assemble
Thor
A wide variety of Disney/Pixar films. Monsters, Inc, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Lilo and Stitch and Little Mermaid tend to be on heavy rotation
How To Train Your Dragon
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

Dog Soldiers, Deep Blue Sea, Crash, Scarface, Face Off, Con Air, The Rock, The Mask, Training Day, Toy Soldiers, Snatch, Cheech & Chong: Up In Smoke, Juice, Gang Related, Gridlock'd, Above The Rim, Poetic Justice, Bullet, Boyz N The Hood, Groundhog Day, Higher Learning, Demolition Man, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Cool Runnings, The Temptations.

Probably loads more but I cant think right now.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:29 pm

Cool Hand Luke, Big Lebowski, Team America, Carlito's Way, The Wild Geese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2