The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!!

+8
Bull
GSC
Kenny
Skydriver
Adam D
Galted
Crimey
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!! Empty Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Feb - 20:33

Apparently filming in a London hospital near the end of "The Birthmark"....Several nurses in the labor unit complained that they didn't want to see any literature with Birthmarks on it.........

So the title was changed to THE OMEN.........Thank goodness for Nurses..and labor units....."THE BIRTHMARK" would have sucked...

Any other big titles changed for better or worse.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!! Empty Re: Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!!

Post by Crimey Wed 27 Feb - 23:12

Star Wars was originally going to be called:

Adventures of Luke Starkiller, as taken from the Journal of the Whills, Saga I: The Star Wars

I can't help but feel if that was the name, it'd be an obscure film difficult to ever track down.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!! Empty Re: Original titles - Changed for better or worse!!!

Post by Galted Thu 28 Feb - 9:21

I reckon Shawshank Redemption would have been a bigger hit when it was released in the cinemas if it didn't have such a silly name rather than gaining a following when it went to video.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Feb - 9:34

I think Return of the Jedi was supposed to be Revenge of the Jedi originally.

And also, Licence to Kill was originally Licence Revoked but was changed as the studio didnt feel that Americans would understand the word revoked.

#truestory

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Feb - 9:36

Also The Madness of King George was renamed from George III (I think it was III) as the makers didnt want a certain large democratic nation to think it was a sequel.
#truestoryagain

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Feb - 9:41

Adam D wrote:Also The Madness of King George was renamed from George III (I think it was III) as the makers didnt want a certain large democratic nation to think it was a sequel.
#truestoryagain

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 28 Feb - 9:49

Adam D wrote:I think Return of the Jedi was supposed to be Revenge of the Jedi originally.

And also, Licence to Kill was originally Licence Revoked but was changed as the studio didnt feel that Americans would understand the word revoked.

#truestory

Yes on both as far as I'm aware. Revenge was ultimately decided not to be a Jedi concept (it's more Klingon, right?), but obviously eventually made its way into Episode III title. Interestingly, Timothy Dalton still refers to his 2nd Bond outing under its original name (from recent interview around 50th anniversary).

A related phenomenon which amuses me is code names for films, often for secrecy reasons. For instance, "Rory's First Kiss" was actually one of Nolan's Batman movies (I forget if it was the first or second though), and there were a few signs with this ridiculous name put up in London indicating where crew should be heading to shoot. "Cloverfield" started out as a code name but turned out to be such a good title that they kept it for the final film - it was I think a street name on or near the offices of Bad Robot Productions.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 10:20

I have a book A miilion and one weird facts , and there is a section on film titles so i can put a few up if you'd like ?

or shall i post one and see if you can guess what film it turned out to be ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 28 Feb - 10:47

Yeah let us have a guess Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 10:49

ok heres one

Head Cheese
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 11:11

Kenny wrote:ok heres one

Head Cheese

no takers ? it was also going to be called Leatherface
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 28 Feb - 11:13

texas chainsaw

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 11:15

TheBrahmaBull wrote:texas chainsaw

Yes ....................... Head Cheese doesn't really have the same effect does it Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Feb - 11:17

I remember a film called Reindeer Games with Ben Affleck (which was really good) had a change of name too (possibly Deception).

Not sure what reindeer games means mind!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 11:21

Back to the Future was origanally going to be called Spaceman from Pluto

Alien was going to be ......Star Beast

Scream was going to be called ...................Scary Movie ............but the producer thought it was a bit cheesy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Feb - 11:26

Star beast!!!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 28 Feb - 11:27

Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid was originally going to be called The Sundance Kid And Butch Cassidy.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 11:34

Unforgiven was originally going to be .............The Cut W hore Killings ( damn swear filter changed it )

The Breakfast Club ............................The Lunch Bunch Laugh

Last edited by Kenny on Thu 28 Feb - 11:35; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 28 Feb - 11:34

The sequel to A Fish Called Wanda ended up called Fierce Creatures, but was filmed under the working title Death Fish 2.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 11:43

Psycho had the working title ......... Wimpy

Casablanca was ................Everybody Comes to Rick’s
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Feb - 12:17

Wimpy!! Laugh .........I wouldn't have called him a wimp If I'd bought a room...

One without a shower.. Cool

Good stuff..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 28 Feb - 14:55

American Pie was ........................."Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made for Under 10 Million Dollars, That Your Reader Will Love But the Executive Will Hate."

E.T was going to be ........................A Boy's Life

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 1 Mar - 18:06

The Wrath of Khan was going to be The Revenge of Khan, but they changed it because of The Revenge of the Jedi....which got changed.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri 8 Mar - 12:59

No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman was originaly called Friends With Benifits but that title went to Mila Kunis' film instead.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Mar - 12:01

Final Destination was going to be called "You can't cheat death"...pretty lame.

Predator's working title was "Hunter year.."

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down