The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Tina Maze!!

2 posters

Go down

Well done Tina Maze!! Empty Well done Tina Maze!!

Post by Bleausardv2 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

Tina Maze has won the Women's Downhill at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, ahead of Laurenne Ross and Maria Höfl-Riesch; I think that means she has won in every discipline this year. She has already won the overall world cup title and one crystal globe, and today's win means she is the first person to exceed 2000 points in a year (the great Hermann Meier set the previous record of 2,000 exactly in the year 2000). Yahoo

Meanwhile the men are trying to master a very windy course in Kvitfjell - difficult decision day for the jury again.
Bleausardv2
Bleausardv2

Back to top Go down

Well done Tina Maze!! Empty Re: Well done Tina Maze!!

Post by The Fourth Lion Sat 16 Nov 2013, 2:16 pm

I have a lot of time for Tina Maze. Last season was her best by far and I would love to see her standing on the top of the podium at Sochi in February, probably in Giant or Super-G, but Slalom isn't out of the question.

Love your comparison to Herman Meier, but try as I might, I can't see the sobriquet "Maze-inator" working as well as "Hermanator". Very Happy 

Mikaela Schiffner has gotten away to a good start to the season and could be a threat, but Tina's experience should stand her in good stead over the long haul.

This could be a really great World Cup season, and with the Winter Olympics to follow, it will just get better and better.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down