The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superbowl to be shown on BBC

3 posters

Go down

Superbowl to be shown on BBC Empty Superbowl to be shown on BBC

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:13 am

The BBC will be providing comprehensive coverage of the 2011 Super Bowl across network TV, radio and online.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are taking on the Green Bay Packers for Super Bowl XLV and you can follow all the action on the BBC.
BBC One will air an Inside Sport Special ahead of the game with Michael Johnson taking a look at the phenomenon that is the Super Bowl.

The match will be live on BBC One, BBC Radio 5 live and online (UK only).

The Inside Sport Special looks at the finale of the NFL season which commands an audience in America which is in excess of 100million; It's a mixture of top-class sporting action and showbiz razzmatazz means it is always a dazzling spectacle.
As well as capturing all the excitement of the build-up to Super Bowl XLV, Johnson, a proud Texan, revels in a tour of this year's venue which just happens to be the largest domed structure in the world .
Johnson talks to legends of the sport, as well as British American Football fans like England's Rugby Team Manager Martin Johnson and television presenters Vernon Kay and Dermot O'Leary.

He also samples first hand the Super Bowl itself and brings his own unique insight into what many people call the biggest show on earth.
There will be further build-up to the game on the BBC Sport website. Neil Reynolds will give his thoughts on who will win the big game with his blog on Thursday.

You can watch the game live from 2245 GMT on BBC ONE and the BBC Sport website (UK only) on Sunday night as well as listen live on 5 live sports extra from 2220 GMT, and on 5 live from 2330.

Source bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/9382359.stm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Superbowl to be shown on BBC Empty Re: Superbowl to be shown on BBC

Post by sharky066 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 6:39 pm

Hobo wrote:The BBC will be providing comprehensive coverage of the 2011 Super Bowl across network TV, radio and online.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are taking on the Green Bay Packers for Super Bowl XLV and you can follow all the action on the BBC.
BBC One will air an Inside Sport Special ahead of the game with Michael Johnson taking a look at the phenomenon that is the Super Bowl.

The match will be live on BBC One, BBC Radio 5 live and online (UK only).

The Inside Sport Special looks at the finale of the NFL season which commands an audience in America which is in excess of 100million; It's a mixture of top-class sporting action and showbiz razzmatazz means it is always a dazzling spectacle.
As well as capturing all the excitement of the build-up to Super Bowl XLV, Johnson, a proud Texan, revels in a tour of this year's venue which just happens to be the largest domed structure in the world .
Johnson talks to legends of the sport, as well as British American Football fans like England's Rugby Team Manager Martin Johnson and television presenters Vernon Kay and Dermot O'Leary.

He also samples first hand the Super Bowl itself and brings his own unique insight into what many people call the biggest show on earth.
There will be further build-up to the game on the BBC Sport website. Neil Reynolds will give his thoughts on who will win the big game with his blog on Thursday.

You can watch the game live from 2245 GMT on BBC ONE and the BBC Sport website (UK only) on Sunday night as well as listen live on 5 live sports extra from 2220 GMT, and on 5 live from 2330.

Source bbc website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/9382359.stm
Its been shown on the BBC for a couple of years now also on Sky Sports
I always stay up and watch it

sharky066

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:38 pm

This is my 26th Superbowl, my first was the 49ers /Montana and Dolphins/ Marino, I started off on Channel 4 with Nicky Horne one hour on a Sunday night watching highlights of a game a week after it was played. Listening to live games on American Armed Forces Radio Service and the Spanish singer coming in over the top.
You have to give Sky credit the way they have kept with the game but I prefer the BBC coverage to Sky,its a nice option to have.
Anyone see the Pro Bowl what a farce that was compared to a regular season game

asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:40 pm

asdral225 wrote:This is my 26th Superbowl, my first was the 49ers /Montana and Dolphins/ Marino, I started off on Channel 4 with Nicky Horne one hour on a Sunday night watching highlights of a game a week after it was played. Listening to live games on American Armed Forces Radio Service and the Spanish singer coming in over the top.

All together now:

"Waiting for a star to fall
And carry your heart into my arms
That's where you belong
In my arms baby, yeah"

Those were the days!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down