The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non six nations players going to Australia?

+7
red_stag
Imperialbigdave
Shifty
thebluesmancometh
wales606
nobbled
t1000advancedprototype
11 posters

Go down

Non six nations players going to Australia?  Empty Non six nations players going to Australia?

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

If fit these must go,

Lydiate
Bowe
O'Connell
Foden

Any others?

All of a sudden Australia must be licking their lips at the pi55 poor six nations.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Non six nations players going to Australia?  Empty Re: Non six nations players going to Australia?

Post by nobbled Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

Sheridan
Wade
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Non six nations players going to Australia?  Empty Re: Non six nations players going to Australia?

Post by wales606 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

O'Connell and Bowe could stake a claim

Foden has no chance, and Lydiate won't be able to prove himself for the Dragons
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:42 pm

wales606 wrote:O'Connell and Bowe could stake a claim

Foden has no chance, and Lydiate won't be able to prove himself for the Dragons

Lydiate is the player Wales miss the most. He's immense.
If he can get fit he goes. Then it's up to him to prove his fitness and make an impression in training and a midweek match.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

If Wood and SOB/POM keep playing how they are, or even have decent games next week Lydiate has about as much chance of travelling as my nan!!!

Not to mention Robshaws ability to play 6 and Kelly Brown looking awesome!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

Bowe springs to mind but I'm assuming hogg has the full back place sown up and I can see Gatland will take North and Halfpenny so thats right wing covered.

Paul O'Connell will go I think.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

t1000advancedprototype wrote:
If he can get fit he goes. Then it's up to him to prove his fitness and make an impression in training and a midweek match.

The tour is not the place to prove fitness. Either you prove it before hand or you dont go.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:10 pm

Personally I think all those injured players (Foden, Ferris, Lydiate, O'Connell, Ferris, Bowe) should be touring if they are injured all year long.

Other players who might have made it but for injury are Richardt Strauss (Leinster & Ireland hooker) along with Ross Rennis of Scotland.

I think Christian Wade would be an excellent tourist.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:50 pm

Foden isn't injured he's playing for saints,just not at his best.Could hit top form come June but can't see him being picked which is a shame because he is a quality player.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

Lydiate doesnt need to prove himself to Gatland, if fit he goes

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:28 am

As I've said on several threads if Bowe makes the HC knockout stages and shows a hint of form I'd take him as he's head and shoulders above the other wing options IMO.

POC's imminent return for Munster 2nds is also great news as that gives him a decent run of games including HC ones in which to prove himself. After Parling, O'Connell would be my first choice as a line-out technician and workhorse in the second row. At the moment my ideal choice of locks if he makes it would be Parling, Gray, POC, Hines, Ryan.

Other than those two Lydiate is the other name that stands out but he has a huge amount more competition for the 6 shirt than any other position - his lack of versatility may count against him as well. If it was a tour more in-line with SA last time around he'd have a good chance as the games would suit him - he's huge in defence and the physical stuff (look at Worsley traveling in 09 for instance). But against Aus I'd say someone with a more rounded game such as Croft or O'Mahony (consistently impressive) would be a better option.

Ohhh what I'd give for Ferris to be fit... Sad

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:37 am

No musnt do what clive did precious - no

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down