The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand vs England - Third Test

+34
VTR
DP
aucklandlaurie
kiakahaaotearoa
subhranshu.kumar.5
Taylorman
dyrewolfe
beninho
Diggers
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
Mike Selig
guildfordbat
kingraf
LivinginItaly
GSC
NickisBHAFC
Biltong
Carrotdude
Jetty
ShankyCricket
Eyetoldyouso
Duty281
JDizzle
mystiroakey
Dorothy_Mantooth
alfie
sirfredperry
gboycottnut
Shelsey93
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
msp83
Good Golly I'm Olly
Stella
38 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Zealand vs England - Third Test - Page 6 Empty New Zealand vs England - Third Test

Post by Stella Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Are we going to get a result? With decent weather, I think we will, and dare I say it to England.

The only change I can see is Bracewell coming in for the Kiwi's, although there was talk of England playing five bowlers, which I would be surprised at.

Broad is the only England bowler who has looked anything near his best, but with Jimmy who needs five wickets for 300, and Finn, who will hopefully pitch the ball up, things should improve.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

New Zealand vs England - Third Test - Page 6 Empty Re: New Zealand vs England - Third Test

Post by Carrotdude Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

Liam wrote:It seems like de javu with Ian Bell again. He desperately needs a knock because he's been very quiet recently. Always seems to pick up some form, go into a dreadful slump of form, only for a superb hundred to save/win a game. What's required from him tomorrow with the only other senior batsmen being Prior left. Would love him to go after Martin early tomorrow, use his feet and put him and NZ on the back foot. Don't see the point in allowing NZ to bowl to us tomorrow and get us bogged down.

Umm...3 Tests ago he scored a series winning hundred in India did he not? Has Cook been very quiet recently too having not scored a hundred for 2 Tests?

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

New Zealand vs England - Third Test - Page 6 Empty Re: New Zealand vs England - Third Test

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

Carrotdude wrote:
Liam wrote:It seems like de javu with Ian Bell again. He desperately needs a knock because he's been very quiet recently. Always seems to pick up some form, go into a dreadful slump of form, only for a superb hundred to save/win a game. What's required from him tomorrow with the only other senior batsmen being Prior left. Would love him to go after Martin early tomorrow, use his feet and put him and NZ on the back foot. Don't see the point in allowing NZ to bowl to us tomorrow and get us bogged down.

Umm...3 Tests ago he scored a series winning hundred in India did he not? Has Cook been very quiet recently too having not scored a hundred for 2 Tests?
That was his first hundred last year though. As much as I don't rate him, I expect him to come good today.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

New Zealand clearly have played the better cricket in this test and even in the series in general. They are in a great position to win this match and win a home series against England after 30 years.
Ian Bell has not performed consistently after the whitewash of India in 2011. Perhaps its time he really come to the party, the team has carried him for the last year and half, its time he returns the favor. Prior has been in terrific form, and young Joe Root has rediscovered some form in the first innings and showed again that he has it in him to bat out time if needed. I won't rule England out altogether as yet, but it seems a series loss to the 8th ranked test side is pretty much on the cards.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

Only need to bat out another 85 overs....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

Come on england. The win is on

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:01 pm

If Broad has to bat before lunchtime, England are well and truely shafted!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:02 pm

Have we lost yet?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:04 pm

bell 17 of 119. omg Doh

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:10 pm

Bell and Root have lasted 10 overs so far...they need to be there when new ball comes and to see that off....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bell and Root have lasted 10 overs so far...they need to be there when new ball comes and to see that off....

That is good work by these 2 players. They simply just need to repeat this feat 8 more times!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

they look unmovable..

but we need trebbel to counter my optimism!!

whbere the heck is the wrong un..
Gone missing when it matters

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:bell 17 of 119. omg Doh

He can make 50 off 300 and Id be very happy.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:38 pm

if he lasts for 300 i will be happy an all.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:they look unmovable..

but we need trebbel to counter my optimism!!

whbere the heck is the wrong un..
Gone missing when it matters

You called m'lord?

I've been here, just lurking quietly. It didnt need me to comment on the state they got themselves into to be honest.

Msp is right, NZ played better. Eng need to hit back hard when they come up here.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

Very Happy kiss

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

Hug

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:42 pm

Root 23 off 49 balls clap
Bell 23 off 149 balls clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:43 pm

Boycott would be proud. Good old fashioned dog.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:47 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bell and Root have lasted 10 overs so far...they need to be there when new ball comes and to see that off....
Now lasted 20 overs....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm

Love it. Dig the in boys, proper cricket
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm

NZ just need 1 or 2. Particularly with our tail.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:56 pm

Would be very annoying if they bat very well and look unmovable until the last half hour of today's play in which either or both get dismissed and then England's remaining batting folds like a pack of cards!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:10 pm

50 partnership off 26 overs... clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:17 pm

New ball taken. NZ will have two goes with it, pre and post lunch break

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:18 pm

Doh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

Hmm, think we can safely say Mr Root won't be opening anytime soon.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:20 pm

That was one hell of a good ball first up with the new ball from Boult, absolutely bang on the money. Root and Bell had been going well but that could be it unfortunately, I have no faith in Bairstow hanging around.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:21 pm

Just when i was planning on staying up for much of the night, this happens. Huge wicket for NZ and that probably will win the match. One more wicket before lunch and its game set and match.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:30 pm

Carrotdude wrote:That was one hell of a good ball first up with the new ball from Boult, absolutely bang on the money. Root and Bell had been going well but that could be it unfortunately, I have no faith in Bairstow hanging around.

Well the fact that hanging around isn't naturally really part of Johnny Bairstow's batting, it is unfair to expect him to last so long and this is made worse by the huge disadvantage that he hasn't had any proper game time out in the middle of a match since the South Africa test series.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:31 pm

Well both been given a life!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:32 pm

That was bizarre, 2 horror shots, 1 each from Bell and Bairstow, both dropped in the slips off successive balls.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

Well that was comedy all round there. But those drops could well come back to haunt NZ.

COME ON ENGLAND!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm

Brownlie dropped a real "clanger" - so Bell survives Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:38 pm

So with Joe rooted out by the new ball ,is it safe to assume a NZ win ? Or will we see a classic rearguard action by the rest of England's lineup ?

In a way it doesn't matter. Even if , say , Jimmy and Monty end up blocking out the last couple of overs , which would be an exciting finish , it would not change the fact that England have been largely outplayed by a fairly lowly rated NZ team throughout the series. Doesn't make them a rubbish team exactly , but it does take a lot of the gloss over the win in India , and leaves one wondering whether the side is really as good as we would all like to think...

I'm sure the BBC comments section will be filling up with the usual sack them all nonsense , but it is unlikely any changes will be made for the summer , except hopefully the return of Swann. Not sure there are any potential replacements ready to hand who might improve the team anyway...perhaps Tremlett ? Won't help the dodgy batting though.

Anyway good luck to Bell & co for the rest of the day - still some pride to play for.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:40 pm

Reportedly Bairstow should have been out twice as NZ failed to appeal when a yorker he dug out hit pad first...

One wicket down across the morning possibly represents a par position for England. But probably not as good as that considering how jittery the batsmen are against the new ball.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:44 pm

One wicket down after the first session, not a disaster. Gonna need to lose no more than 1 in this session though.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:00 am

NZ's skiddy left arm pacer Trent Bolt is a early warning of what England will expect this summer when Messrs Starc and Mitchell Johnson hurl their express thunderbolts at England's hapless batsmen!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:25 am

Not sure England will be too worried about Mr Johnson given his previous form against them. As for Starc he has his problems with injury at the moment.

Pattinson worries me more than those two. But it seems England are still capable of collapsing against any attack occasionally - and in fairness it is only occasional. Lot more 400 s than low scores recently (UAE excepted )

Problem in this series has been the bowling has also been a bit patchy. Team just hasn't seemed to be fully switched on at all. Was prepared to accept that in the first game , but I am rather surprised that they have been so poor in this third match. Hopefully they'll be happier back on home ground in the summer.

Bairstow gone now so a lot up to Bell and Prior...reckon NZ have their hands on this one now...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:35 am

alfie wrote:Not sure England will be too worried about Mr Johnson given his previous form against them. As for Starc he has his problems with injury at the moment.

Pattinson worries me more than those two. But it seems England are still capable of collapsing against any attack occasionally - and in fairness it is only occasional. Lot more 400 s than low scores recently (UAE excepted )

Problem in this series has been the bowling has also been a bit patchy. Team just hasn't seemed to be fully switched on at all. Was prepared to accept that in the first game , but I am rather surprised that they have been so poor in this third match. Hopefully they'll be happier back on home ground in the summer.

Bairstow gone now so a lot up to Bell and Prior...reckon NZ have their hands on this one now...

Well if things don't get better back on home ground this English summer, the England cricket team may as well return back to the bad old days of the mid to late 1990's by having no central contracts and having a garbage bowling attack!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:16 am

Bell out in the last over before tea.... Sad Broad in next. Chances of surviving another 32 overs are very slim.

Prior has already been dropped and had the ball hit his stumps without dislodging the bails -he's going to need every bit of luck and skill available to hold the very fragile tail together for a whole session.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 2:30 am

A wonderful inning,from Bell. A marathon. 75 runs from 271 balls. This inning was similar to that of ABD last year. But at last he is gone. England in real danger. 30 overs left and only 3 wickets. At last both eng and australia have struggled. I think after this eng will worry for ashes more than Australia because aussies struggled against spinners on turning tracks but eng struggled against pace unit of NZ. Australia will,be,happy because they have a strong pace attack. Before this series I was predicting an Ashes win for Eng but now I assume Ashes going to be interesting.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 3:50 am

Drinks break - Broad batted 45 balls so far without scoring.... thumbsup

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:10 am

Fascinating end to a test. Both would deserve the respective draw/ win after al this...good fun.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:15 am

50 partnership - all the runs scored by Prior.... Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:32 am

Test cricket has been Interesting these days. We come out in a test match not only to see a win but also some classy batting, superb drives, strong defence, attacive field. All these expose real cricket. Cricket also gives us a message of,not giving up In odd condition. Innings like that of ABD and FDP last year and here BELL and prior here provide a strong example of not giving up. Though we are today prefering hit and miss T20 cricket today but the thrillness and excitement that a test cricket can give, I think a movie will also fail here. Superb cricket going here,at, Eden Park. Just wanna be there.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:46 am

4 overs to go

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:51 am

picard Broad goes. Desperation time with Jimmy coming out Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:52 am

woohoo..one more to go!!!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:52 am

Jimmy goes as well furious

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:54 am

3 overs to go. With Prior facing....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next