The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia

+8
majesticimperialman
Ozzy3213
BamBam
thebluesmancometh
Sgt_Pooly
TJ1
theslosty
maestegmafia
12 posters

Go down

Inside Centre for the Lions

Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap4%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap20%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 15 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap0%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap11%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 8 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap16%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 12 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap28%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 21 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap0%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap18%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]
Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_lcap3%Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 76

Poll closed

Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Empty Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia

Post by maestegmafia Mon 01 Apr 2013, 8:07 am

Six nations is done. We are a year on since I last held one of these polls and the long term aim was to compare what we selected a year out, a month out and the final squad.

You can pick one player only as your first choice.

I think I have grabbed most of the names in the hat, though my apologies if anyone you consider worthy has been forgotten, if you ask nicely then I am sure one of our excellent moderators might take the time to be kind enough to offer their much valued assistance.

The players included either showed in the Six Nations squads or have been regularly talked of as prospects on the various threads on here.

THERE ARE TWO THREADS ON CENTRES ONE IS FOR INSIDE CENTRE THE OTHER IS FOR OUTSIDE CENTRE.

Looseheads - https://www.606v2.com/t42452-loosehead-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Hookers - https://www.606v2.com/t42471-hooker-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Tightheads - https://www.606v2.com/t42486-tighthead-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Lock No. 4 - https://www.606v2.com/t42501-number-4-lock-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1956467

Lock no. 5 - https://www.606v2.com/t42502-number-5-lock-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Blindside Flanker - https://www.606v2.com/t42514-blindside-flanker-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Openside Flanker - https://www.606v2.com/t42515-ospenside-flanker-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1956975

Number 8 - https://www.606v2.com/t42518-number-eight-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1958144

Scrumhalf - https://www.606v2.com/t42531-scrumhalf-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Flyhalf - https://www.606v2.com/t42539-flyhalf-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1958609

Outside Centre - https://www.606v2.com/t42556-outside-centre-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1959725

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Empty Re: Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 8:18 am

Jamie Roberts for me, with Tuilagi at OC. I'm not a huge fan of Roberts at the moment, so it's a bit odd that I've chosen him. However, I'm hoping that like the last Lions tour, there will be a different gameplan that will bring out the best in him. Wales have a number of players that stick to the gameplan, and this does not showcase the full range of their talents - Halfpenny, Phillips, Roberts. For me, they're just following instructions - that's why Roberts was much different on the last tour under a different gameplan, Halfpenny was a lot more attacking for Blues the other day, etc.

The big 'if' for me is whether Gatland has a different gameplan to the one he uses for Wales. If not, then Roberts may not be the best option as the Aussies will be used to big lumps running at them. We need to offer more.

Back to top Go down

Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia Empty Re: Inside Centre choices for the Lions tour to Australia

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:35 am

Shouldn't this be a mass centre poll, given that some people might want (as an example) JD2 12, BOD 13?

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:22 am

Risca Rev wrote:Shouldn't this be a mass centre poll, given that some people might want (as an example) JD2 12, BOD 13?

That's what I would go for.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:49 am

Scott and Twelvetrees?

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:57 pm

JD for me....he's not there???

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:00 pm

Tuilagi for me.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

SYNOPSIS OF THE POLL SO FAR...

Forwards

Cian Healy 41% 31
Rory Best 49% 37
Adam Jones 62% 36
Richie Gray 16% 22
Geoff Parling 14% 23
Chris Robshaw 27% 16
Justin Tipuric 44% 22
John Beattie 37% 22 (Toby Faletau 1 vote short)

Backs

Ben Youngs 54% 27
Jonny Sexton 44% 18
Jamie Roberts is tied with Billy Twelvetrees 31% 4
Manu Tuilagi 50% 7 (Brian O'Driscoll is 1 vote short)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:16 pm

JD for me

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:19 pm

Can you add JD Maes?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

Pooly I saw your post and I have tried but unfortunately I can't. Maybe if you ask a moderator very nicely they might kindly assist.

I have no problem with adding Jonathan Davies, as I can see why a few people might want him at inside centre.

Might as well ask for Manu Tuilagi there too while your at it as I read someone wanted him as the inside centre.

I am sure you can appreciate that organising these polls so that you chaps can get your team in the way you want it from my perspective is not easy. Tough to be able to cover all the permutations.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:26 pm

I'm not that bothered tbh, I'll vote Twelvetrees

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

I've added Tuilagi and JD to the poll for you maes.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 01 Apr 2013, 2:08 pm

Brad Barret/Billy Twelvetrees.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 01 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

I would love Matty Scott to be in the squad but it has to be Jon Davies who (on the hard surfaces down under) has all the armoury..... pace, superb balance off either peg, nice delicate left peg, immensely strong both in defence and attack, and can score tries for fun

I would love to see Tualagi on the outside of him or Roberts
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Brad Barret/Billy Twelvetrees.

In your unbiased opinion of course Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:I would love Matty Scott to be in the squad but it has to be Jon Davies who (on the hard surfaces down under) has all the armoury..... pace, superb balance off either peg, nice delicate left peg, immensely strong both in defence and attack, and can score tries for fun

I would love to see Tualagi on the outside of him or Roberts

My only issue with that, and I am a big JD2 fan, is that his passing has a tendency to be erratic at times, and against Aus I think we need a footballer at 12 to try to unpick their defence, rather than a midfield that is all about pace and power. For me we would be best served with Matt Scott at 12, and either JD2 or Manu outside him at 13.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:40 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I've added Tuilagi and JD to the poll for you maes.

Thanks Ozzy, I am sure Pooly will be very grateful.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:42 pm

JD2 12, BOD 12, Roberts 13 etc...

Does anyone think it might be prudent to play people- hmm how do I say this... in position this Lions tour?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:44 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:JD2 12, BOD 12, Roberts 13 etc...

Does anyone think it might be prudent to play people- hmm how do I say this... in position this Lions tour?

JD2 and Roberts have both played plenty of rugby in the either centre position, as has Barritt.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:56 pm

In earlier times maybe, personally I don't remember a time when either JD2 or Roberts were getting regular game time, for club or country, in the opposite position to where they ply their trade today.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

JD and Manu I hope at least get a run out together
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue 02 Apr 2013, 3:43 am

JD2 is a 12 for region isn't he?

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 02 Apr 2013, 8:05 am

Looseheaded wrote:

JD2 is a 12 for region isn't he?

He was but he plays outside centre for them now usually with Scott Williams inside him.

Had a great game Saturday, Highlights link is in a post i left above.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 02 Apr 2013, 6:07 pm

The poll is open until a week before the squad is announced, there is still a decent amount of rugby to be played and peoples thoughts and views may change. As it stands currently these are the Squad choices by the mob that contributes to 606V2.

I dont know the make up or how many he really will pick so i am just running with top three options...

Loosehead Prop 89 votes so far

Cian Healy 39
Ryan Grant 20
Gethin Jenkins 15

Hooker 92 votes so far

Rory Best 45
Richard Hibbard 21
Tom Youngs 11

Tighthead 74 votes so far

Adam Jones 47
Dan Cole 19
Euan Murray 4

Locks 144 votes so far over the two polls so averaging 72 Votes

Geoff Parling 29
Richie Gray 29
AWJ 21
Ian Evans 20

Blindeside Flankers 78 votes so far

Chris Robshaw 19
Kelly Brown 18
Sean O'Brien 17

Openside Flankers 74 votes so far

Justin Tipuric 33
Sam Warburton 14
Chris Robshaw 13 (leading the Blindside option)
Ross Rennie 8 (Next best after Robshaw)

Number Eight 73 votes so far

Toby Faletau 28
John Beattie 26
Ben Morgan 10

Scrumhalf 73 votes so far

Ben Youngs 38
Mike Phillips 20
Greig Laidlaw 10

Flyhalf 59 votes so far

Jonny Sexton 30
Owen Farrell 13
Dan Biggar 6

Inside Centre 53 votes so far

Billy Twelvetrees 11
Jonathan Davies 13 (Also 3rd in the outside centre Poll)
Matt Scott 11
Jamie Roberts & Luke Marshall 7 (If we were to consider JD2 at outside)

Outside Centre

Brian O'Driscoll 22
Manu Tuilagi 22
Jonathan Davies 9

Right Winger 44 Votes so far

Sean Maitland 22
Alex Cuthbert 11
Christian Wade 7

Left Winger 45 votes so far

George North 21
Tim Visser 8
Simon Zebo 5

Fullback 59 votes so far

Stuart Hogg 25
Leigh Halfpenny 22
Rob Keaney 7

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 21 Apr 2013, 5:31 pm

Another weekend done and dusted. The squad to be announced after the next...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down