The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014?

+11
88Chris05
Imperial Ghosty
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
Strongback
bhb001
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
Rowley
Adam D
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014?

Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_lcap51%Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 27 ]
Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_lcap9%Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_lcap9%Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_lcap15%Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 8 ]
Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_lcap4%Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_lcap11%Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 53

Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Empty Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014?

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:08 am

Simple, you can vote as many you like.

Which of these five fighters will go on to win a world title?

David Haye
David Price
Deontay Wilder
Tyson Fury
Audley Harrison

Last edited by Adam D on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Empty Re: Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014?

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:11 am

Voted Haye, don’t much like the man but still feel he has an edge in talent on any of the named. Also as the one guy who can shift tickets amongst those named you would also have to think opportunities would be more readily available for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014? Empty Re: Which of these will win a world title by the end of 2014?

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:22 am

I went for Fury and Wilder.

I think that Haye will get his shot and blow it, and then Fury will take over.

Haye will face Vit, lose and then K will retire. Fury takes the belt and loses to wIlder.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:24 am

Haye for me. Actually has something called a defence, an attribute sadly lacking from the others in your list.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:29 am

I’ve also gone for Haye, as, like him or not, he probably brings more money to the table than the other 4 put together which puts him in a strong position to angle for world title fights, plus I think he handily beats all 4 of them too.

If any of them get there before him he simply takes them out instead.

Have a funny feeling Wilder will amount to nothing, Audley already has(n’t), Price has no chin and won’t be able to keep it away from Haye all fight and Fury is too lumbering to keep his somewhat fragile chin away also.

Would back Wlad to beat Haye 9/10, Vit to beat him 6/10 (purely a reflection of his slowing in old age, 3 yrs ago would be 9/10 also) but no other HW boxer in the world more than 3/10.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:11 pm

Really need a none of the above option

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:42 pm

I'm not sure Haye will have the fortitude to fight 2 or 3 low level fights to get his hands on the WBC title.

It would be quite amusing if Wlad got his hands on the WBC belt before Haye is able to challenge someone else for it. That would be very satisfying.

Haye's defense to me involves running away from his opponent, Mr David was never the most illusive of fighters with his low guard and static enough head movement.

Is it possible to see how different people voted in the poll? Is it a private poll?

PS.......at the end of 2014 I think Wlad will still be fighting so he will be the only belt holder.

Last edited by Strongback on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

How is Tyson Fury and Harrison in this??

They are both garbage and have fought literally nobody (with the exception of Harrison vs Haye = Farce).

Wilder could cause problems at world level with his power and pure size.

Chin to be tested of course.

Haye is the more likely, and if Price can overcome Thompson (which i think he will) then he will most likely be my best bet to be champ for some time in the future.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

Strongback wrote:I'm not sure Haye will have the fortitude to fight 2 or 3 low level fights to get his hands on the WBC title.

It would be quite amusing if Wlad got his hands on the WBC belt before Haye is able to challenge someone else for it. That would be very satisfying.

Haye's defense to me involves running away from his opponent, Mr David was never the most illusive of fighters with his low guard and static enough head movement.

Is it possible to see how different people voted in the poll? Is it a private poll?

PS.......at the end of 2014 I think Wlad will still be fighting so he will be the only belt holder.

Are you serious? His head movement is exceptional.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

Good enough for the division's most potent and skilled operator to barely lay a glove on him...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

Wilder and Haye..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:11 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
Strongback wrote:I'm not sure Haye will have the fortitude to fight 2 or 3 low level fights to get his hands on the WBC title.

Are you serious? His head movement is exceptional.

In todays market Hopkins, Mayweather and even Chilemba who fought Bellew have exceptional head movement. Even when a fighter has a clean opportunity to land a punch it is still very difficult to do so. David Haye was never hard to hit when he is in range. Watch the videos, I shouldn't need to explain this.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Good enough for the division's most potent and skilled operator to barely lay a glove on him...

Hard to get hit when you are 6 foot away from your opponent for 90% of the fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

And?

Art of boxing is hit without getting hit. Maybe he only got half it right, doesn't make him defensively poor.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

Haye if any, it depends if he has to fight Wlad again.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:And?

Art of boxing is hit without getting hit. Maybe he only got half it right, doesn't make him defensively poor.

Haye has been hit a lot in his career.

He was always an ambush type fighter but he did get hit. Ruiz, Barrett and Mormeck hit and hurt him for instance. He stood in front of these guys long enough to get tagged. After Ruiz Haye became more gun shy. I don't count the Audley fight and Chisora wasn't much better as they are domestic level.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:18 pm

He gets hit when can afford to get hit, when he decides to be more defensive he's actually pretty damn good at it, he didn't run from Wlad he simply didn't have the reach to implement the other half of the plan and counter.

He whips all the other four with ease and will hold a heavyweight title before long.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:33 pm

I thought he couldn't implement his plan because of his little toe.

Who can afford to be hit anyway? Mormeck put him on his ass, was that part of the plan.

After feeling Ruiz's shots Haye has become gun shy. He barely threw a punch in the first three rounds of the Audley fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:45 pm

Mormeck put him on his ass, was that part of the plan.
Mormeck caught him on the temple, his legs went and he was hit again and went over....he got up and knocked Mormeck out. Doesn't matter if it didn't go to plan as he'd hoped, the end result was all that mattered.

He barely threw a punch in the first three rounds of the Audley fight.
Knowing full well Audley wasn't going to throw anything either. Audley knew Haye would counter the cack out of him if he threw a shot so Haye decided to let Audley scare him to death before growing bored and taking the fight to him.

After feeling Ruiz's shots Haye has become gun shy
After being flattened by Sanders, so has Wlad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

Mormeck caught him on the temple, his legs went and he was hit again and went over....he got up and knocked Mormeck out. Doesn't matter if it didn't go to plan as he'd hoped, the end result was all that mattered.

We are talking about Haye's head movement Dave. Haye got tagged and got tagged big.

Knowing full well Audley wasn't going to throw anything either. Audley knew Haye would counter the cack out of him if he threw a shot so Haye decided to let Audley scare him to death before growing bored and taking the fight to him.

Haye was afraid of the Audley's left hand. That's why he hung back until he realised Audley was fighting like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Wlad is boring too in case you hadn't noticed. At least Wlad engages as opposed to maintaining a 6 foot gap from his opponent.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

Strongback wrote:Haye was afraid of the Audley's left hand.

Erm, this might be a good time to reel it in, Strongback!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

Haye was afraid of the Audley's left hand.
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh ....that was so fu...hang on, here it comes again...Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh My God, Strongy, you are a pathetically desperate little man

At least Wlad engages as opposed to maintaining a 6 foot gap from his opponent.
So how did he KO both Audley and Chisora? Having watched both fights, I'm still sure it was Haye throwing punches that caused them KO as opposed to a bot of a breeze blowing into the arena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

What he said! Time to get a "clutching at straws" smiley methinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:20 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

I remember Haye and Booth commenting on the big size advantage Harrison had. The left hook that stopped Sprott was still clear in peoples minds and some pundits suggested Audley carried the danger of a one punch KO. Haye mention the danger post fight from memory.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:23 pm

Strongback wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

I remember Haye and Booth commenting on the big size advantage Harrison had. The left hook that stopped Sprott was still clear in peoples minds and some pundits suggested Audley carried the danger of a one punch KO. Haye mention the danger post fight from memory.

Haye and Booth realised that by saying Audley had no chance they were seriously limiting the number of people who would pay for the fight so they said it to convince people there was a possibility that Audley might pull out the win...oops, did you fall for that one...no wonder you hate him so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:24 pm

Strongback wrote:

We are talking about Haye's head movement Dave. Haye got tagged and got tagged big.

Haye was afraid of the Audley's left hand. That's why he hung back until he realised Audley was fighting like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Wlad is boring too in case you hadn't noticed. At least Wlad engages as opposed to maintaining a 6 foot gap from his opponent.

Floyd must be a useless defensive fighter then. After all SSM rocked him to his grand father's boots.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:28 pm

CARL FROCH, former WBC super-middleweight champion.

“Haye is the obvious favourite based on his consistency and world titles as cruiserweight and heavyweight. Audley is a live underdog because of his left hand.”

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:31 pm

Floyd must be a useless defensive fighter then. After all SSM rocked him to his grand father's boots.

I don't remember Floyd ever being in danger of hitting the deck in that fight.

Remind me how many times Mayweather has ever been down even if you count that time his glove touched the canvas.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

Not the point. He was rocked and nearly down in R2.

Ali got decked by Cooper. Must have been a carp fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

Anyway, Fury to win and unify the belts Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

azania wrote:Not the point. He was rocked and nearly down in R2.

Ali prided himself on his punch resistance, he test his chin a lot particularly in his second career. He was only a kid when he fought Cooper. Only fighter to properly knock down a fully grown Ali was Fraiser.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:49 pm

Fighting off the back foot Haye is decent defensively. Offensively I dont think his defence is great. I think to be really good defensively you have to be be able fight defensively in range - rolling, blocking, slipping and countering, hitting and moving etc. To this extent I dont think Haye is great defensively as thats where the greater skills lie for me. Haye relies more on keeping out of range using speed of foot and agility. Hes good enough at this but it hampers his ability to mount a proper offense as the Wlad fight showed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

Strongback wrote:

Ali prided himself on his punch resistance, he test his chin a lot particularly in his second career. He was only a kid when he fought Cooper. Only fighter to properly knock down a fully grown Ali was Fraiser.

Cooper was in the first part of his career. Ali was much bigger than him and in his next fight he went on to beat Liston. Some kid eh. And if you're suggesting that Ali put his chin out there to get hit deliberately then it is beyond laughable. No boxer wants to get hit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 7:54 pm

Strongback wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

What Haye mentioned post fight was that he was waiting till the 3rd round because he'd told friends n family to put their money on it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

What Haye mentioned post fight was that he was waiting till the 3rd round because he'd told friends n family to put their money on it.

Yeah you're right Haye should have been up for fraud. If he was a snooker player he wouldn't getting near the green baize for 12 months. Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:08 pm

So as a boxing fan (so called) you refuse to watch one of the best HW fighters? Some fan of the sport you are. Did Haye shag your missus?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:13 pm

azania wrote:So as a boxing fan (so called) you refuse to watch one of the best HW fighters? Some fan of the sport you are. Did Haye shag your missus?

Strongy no longer touches the sides, hence why he's so tetchy now.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:16 pm

Oh my actual God Strongback, your views are so full of hate and so deluded its actually just incredible. Anything about Haye and you're there in a flash. Plus, Haye's head movement was exceptional against Wlad, he made his jab continually just fall short and avoided plenty of punches, far more so than any other fighter has against Wlad. He has been down and hit in fights previous so his head movement is poor? Ridiculous.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Cooper was in the first part of his career. Ali was much bigger than him and in his next fight he went on to beat Liston. Some kid eh. And if you're suggesting that Ali put his chin out there to get hit deliberately then it is beyond laughable. No boxer wants to get hit.

Ali wasn't much bigger than Copper, he was only 21. Are you talking about the Liston fight were he quit on his stool or when he got knocked out from the wind generated by Ali's swinging his arm?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Except Mayorga against Trinidad. What a guy.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:20 pm

Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Ali wasn't much bigger than Copper, he was only 21. Are you talking about the Liston fight were he quit on his stool or when he got knocked out from the wind generated by Ali's swinging his arm?

Look. Ali got decked. It happens. Haye got decked. Big deal. He got up and won. Who did Ali fight in his next fight after Cooper. His age is irrelevant.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:So as a boxing fan (so called) you refuse to watch one of the best HW fighters? Some fan of the sport you are. Did Haye shag your missus?

Strongy no longer touches the sides, hence why he's so tetchy now.....

Good one. picard

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:48 pm

[quote="azania"][quote="Strongback"]
azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Haye is chinny Ali was not. It was part of Ali's plan to let Foreman punch himself out. Ali practised taking hits prior to the fight. This is described in Norman Mailer's book The Fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:52 pm

[quote="Strongback"][quote="azania"]
Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Haye is chinny Ali was not. It was part of Ali's plan to let Foreman punch himself out. Ali practised taking hits prior to the fight. This is described in Norman Mailer's book The Fight.

It wasn't part of the plan to get hit on the chin by Cooper. Ali practiced taking hits to the body not the chin. Try harder.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:21 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Fighting off the back foot Haye is decent defensively. Offensively I dont think his defence is great. I think to be really good defensively you have to be be able fight defensively in range - rolling, blocking, slipping and countering, hitting and moving etc. To this extent I dont think Haye is great defensively as thats where the greater skills lie for me. Haye relies more on keeping out of range using speed of foot and agility. Hes good enough at this but it hampers his ability to mount a proper offense as the Wlad fight showed.

Good post.
Haye's performance against Wlad was just one level above survival mode. If you want to watch a great defensive display, watch James Toney's performance against Jirov. A great defensive display means avoiding incoming fire while staying within range to launch your own shots (therefore winning the fight).
Haye was backpeddling against Wlad by stepping out of range, which although allowed him to avoid getting caught by heavy jabs, also meant that he wasnt able to land anything significant himself.
When Haye stays in range, he really isnt that difficult to find - his fight with Fragomeni is testement to that.
Haye was fully aware that had he fought like that against Wlad, he wouldnt have been standing vertical for very long.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:25 pm

[quote="azania"][quote="Strongback"]
azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:
azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:

It wasn't part of the plan to get hit on the chin by Cooper. Ali practiced taking hits to the body not the chin. Try harder.

Ali practised taking punches to the head.. Read the text I quoted.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:28 pm

What do you think the point of sparring is? Solely to get timing? No. Its to replicate a fight in many areas and that includes taking punches. All boxers do it. But Ali trained his body. He hardly got hit on the head. If he had he would be out. Quit the BS. You cant train your head to take punches that will KO you. Its the brain function that shuts down from a blunt trauma incident.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:36 pm

George Chuvalo also trained himself to take punches to the head.

I never said Ali was clever taking a lot of head shots in sparring but that is what he did. Read about it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:39 pm

It's simple biology. Get hit hard enough you go down. Some take better shots than others. You dont train to take shots in the head. You try to avoid that in a fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 03 Apr 2013, 9:41 pm

From my understanding, Chuvalo trained his body to take headshots by doing lots of weights on his neck and learning to brace himself for punches. I don't remember him ever saying that he took punches on the head in sparring. Still got all his faculties intact Chuvalo which is amazing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next