The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

+31
Duty281
dancingweeman
TM Moot
sportform
Statto00
Skyforger
Captain Charisma
bluestonevedder
RDuncan8
southernniner
Forward Pass
mikeygnfl
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
Thomond
Dorothy_Mantooth
sodhat
Colan (niner)
Bull
Pr4wn
Number-25
NYJ
JmD
Take it to the house
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Derbyblue
35 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Derbyblue Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

First topic message reminder :

GSC wrote:Eagles traded Dion Lewis to Cleveland for Emmanuel Acho. Decent backup Lewis, just not as good as Brown.
Basically depth for depth, though I did think we were fine at RB with Richardson, Hardesty and Ogbonnaya but Acho wouldn't have fit the new 3-4 scheme so can't really complain about the deal too much and maybe one of those back ups gets sent off in a trade somewhere during the draft.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by NYJ Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:28 pm

Kerley will be a big miss. I'm sure Clyde Gates will take his place in the slot, but I'd love to see UDFA Ryan Spadola get a shot in the regular season. He deserves it on his pre-season showings.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm

Not bad for your first reception Aaron Dobson
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:37 pm

Also what's up with Cromartie? Clear DPI on Thompkins, then Edelman burned him and Brady missed.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:39 pm

I just put Aaron Dobson in at flex in the West league at 1:20am. 15mins later 39 yard TD Yahoo

Left him on the bench in the keeper though. Couldn't drop AJ Green or Vincent Jackson and it would have been risky putting him in for Mike Wallace.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:53 pm

Ooo a footfumble, bet Rex hated and loved it all at the same time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:08 pm

I thought that was a harsh call, I mean the receiver is looking around for the ball, but I'm not sure we see it hit the ground.

Tough one
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm

Eugh cut out the silly turnovers Pats, get Ridley running he's made some nice gains so far
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:31 pm

Ok weird play, Jets have no punt returner, the Pats gunner downs it after one bounce when it's rolling towards the goalline.

Retardness on a whole other level
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:45 pm

Two perfect passes from Brady dropped by Dobson.

It's gonna be a long season Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:14 am

Well if ever you wanted to define the term "winning ugly"!!

But despite playing like crap, and having a bunch of injuries, we're 2-0 in the division and overall. I'll take that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:26 am

And tbh if there was ever a time for the Jets to beat us, last night was it. Drops everywhere on offence, Dobson's night went seriously downhill after his TD, but Geno made some really bad throws that were picked.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:23 am

Don't know what to think of Geno Smith? He move/ control the ball well in some drives but looked lost in others. Will probably improve for games just depends on whether the Jets will stick with him when Sanchez is fit again?

Disappointed Aaron Dobson didn't get me more fantasy points but I'll take 11.60 pts for a rookie makng his NFL debut. My other flex option was Chris Ivory so looks like I make the right pick.

Question - Are the Patriots showing championship form, ie winning when they are not playing well, or are they just not that good this year? Jets could have sneaked a 14-13 win had that TD been given 1st quarter.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:46 am

mikeygnfl wrote:Question - Are the Patriots showing championship form, ie winning when they are not playing well, or are they just not that good this year? Jets could have sneaked a 14-13 win had that TD been given 1st quarter.
Depends on how quickly the receivers develop. As it is, they're just not that good this year.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:00 am

lol smith sucks

which a half competant QB the Jets would have won

#bringbackTebow
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:41 am

If I pretend I didn't watch the game, it looks like a good result. But I did watch the game and Geno Smith let me down big time. That was a missed opportunity.

Anyone believe that Jets will be a top 5 Defense yet?
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:18 am

Julian Edelman has 20 catches through 2 games in 2013.

Julian Edelman had 21 catches through 16 games in 2012.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:26 am

Much like the Packers, the Patriots might have the worst roster in the division, QBs aside. Shows the value of a franchise QB.

Hard to see the Patriots make a run with this roster.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:40 am

Agreed there, take Brady out and you're looking at a mediocre side that would probably be in with a shot at the wildcard at best.

I reckon in any other division they wouldn't be the best team even with Brady. Luckily they play Miami, Buffalo and the Jets 6 times a season.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:48 am

Swap Brady for Mallett and its a 4 win team probably
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:57 am

On the plus side for the Patriots... At least their receivers were making runs and getting into spaces to receive the ball. I'm sure the catches will come. The problems may come if they start hiding and not wanting the ball.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 13 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm

sodhat wrote:Julian Edelman has 20 catches through 2 games in 2013.

Julian Edelman had 21 catches through 16 games in 2012.
Yeah, and he averaged the lowest yardage for a 13+ catch game of any receiver ever. Difference between him and Welker so far is speed and YAC. Edelman will be useful as a get out of jail for Brady, but they need someone to stretch the field. One of those young guys needs to step up fast else it will be a long season. Now imaging if the Pats had gotten Wallace...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:34 pm

NYJ wrote:If I pretend I didn't watch the game, it looks like a good result. But I did watch the game and Geno Smith let me down big time. That was a missed opportunity.

Wilkerson got carted off, any idea on how long yet? Would be a huge loss!

Geno really struggles with those long throws don't he. Never seems to have enough zip on it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:37 pm

Geno had his issues in bad conditions in college.

I think it's fairly clear he's not really ready yet, but Martys going to throw the ball. A year on the bench and picking up a Kolb type to hold the fort might not have been an awful plan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm

Olly wrote:
NYJ wrote:If I pretend I didn't watch the game, it looks like a good result. But I did watch the game and Geno Smith let me down big time. That was a missed opportunity.

Wilkerson got carted off, any idea on how long yet? Would be a huge loss!

Geno really struggles with those long throws don't he. Never seems to have enough zip on it
It's an ankle injury but not a high sprain. Know nothing else.

Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. I have no idea why he is so inconsistent but he makes some promising throws.

GSC wrote:Geno had his issues in bad conditions in college.

I think it's fairly clear he's not really ready yet, but Martys going to throw the ball. A year on the bench and picking up a Kolb type to hold the fort might not have been an awful plan
We already had that in place until Sanchez was injured. Personally, I hope Geno either blows up, or tanks it. We need to get a franchise QB and if Geno isn't the answer, next year is the perfect draft class. We can't be dillydallying about because of the player he could become.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:32 pm

I think there's too much of a stigma about Sanchez for him to succeed in NY at this point.

New topic anyway since this reached 1000
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21