The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Play-Offs

+6
Dave.
kingraf
Bull
sodhat
CJB
The_Enigma
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NBA Play-Offs - Page 2 Empty NBA Play-Offs

Post by The_Enigma Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey Guys, I had a quick word with Hero about getting us our own section. To crown moving out of the other sports section, we've got the Play-Offs this weekend and I felt this would be the perfect choice of a new topic within our new home.

NBA Play-offs start this weekend and will be over a 7 game series

East Conference

No.1 - Miami Heat Vs No.8 - Milwaukee Bucks

No.2 - New York Knicks VS No.7 - Boston Celtics

No.3 - Indiana Pacers Vs No.6 - Atlanta Hawks

No.4 - Brooklyn Nets Vs No.5 - Chicago Bulls

West Conference

No.1 - Oklahoma City Thunder Vs No.8 - Houston Rockets

No.2 - San Antonio Spurs VS No.7 - LA Lakers

No.3 - Denver Nuggest Vs No.6 - Goldern State Warriors

No.4 - LA Clippers Vs No.5 - Memphis Grizzlies

So thoughts, opinions and predictions..?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

NBA Play-Offs - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Play-Offs

Post by The_Enigma Fri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm

I have a NBA 2K13 question now I've finally got my PS3 working...

1. When starting a regular season, can you trade with other teams and how realistic/tough is it to make deals?

2. Before/Post season is there the draft that takes place?

Really looking forward to getting stuck into a season now, just need to find a half decent team

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah, in association mode doing a regular season you can trade all you want before the deadline. You got to the propose/find trade section. It is quite difficult to land good players, unless you are offering them a good deal in return. I like to make sure I get a draft pick for the following season through a deal. Yes, there is the draft at the end of the season, which is much more exciting in my opinion if you've created your own draft with players you've created with your own made up names, just makes it better in my opinion than having the Computer generated ones.

I play 5 minute quarters usually and have the CPU play 6 minutes quarters. I find that is the best option for making the scoring more realistic because if you both play 5 minutes, you will find you score way more than they do in their own games. In some games I would score 70 points whereas the CPU vs CPU would score a game at 45-39 for example before I made the timing changes. It also helps make the player statistics scores more realistic and fair.

The only bad point about the game is the myplayer takes too long in my opinion because you have to play 82 games. Also its painstakingly slow collecting the SP (skill points) required to improve your player. I think you can really only have one shot at the myplayer career before it becomes boring to replay it. Association mode is great for continued enjoyment and quickness + the draft.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 am

Miami 3 - 3 Indiana

Been very disappointed in Miami this series. Bosh & Wade have been nonexistent, you`ve got to favouring the Spurs in the NBA Final

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 am

Miami Heat best Paul George and the Indiana Pacers. I'm gonna miss that team. Mainly because calling them "Paul George and The Indiana Pacers" made them sound like a Blues band, rather than a group of 6'6 tough guys who could knock you out.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:38 am

Really hope San Antonio beat Miami

Can't stand LeBron James...

Must be all that time living in Anaheim and loving the Lakers Very Happy

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Should be a great final, just hope to see a couple of games on Sky. Other news is that the Atlanta Hawks are pursuing Chris Paul and Dwight Howard in the free agency. A leaked letter confirming their targets has led to them violating NBA tampering policies for players.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm

I think in the end the most consistent teams throughout the season, well maybe expect The Thunder have filtered through to the finals, excluding the few pacings The Pacers delivered to the Heat in the East Finals... (Excuse the poor pun) The first game is on Sky Sports at 1:30am tomorrow morning and should make a fantastic showing!

It's interesting to see Howard's been linked with a couple of teams now including the Rockets... Howard & Harden would make a great paring! It seems like Atlanta are in for a big summer!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Chris Paul wont join the Hawks. Leaving DeAndre Jordan for D12 makes sense, but then where is the Blake Griffin equivalent? No bench shooters even nearly as skilled as Matt Barnes and Crawford. Hardly upgrading onesself
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Spurs take a 2-1 lead in the series. Miami had a shocker, LeBron couldn't hit a single shot all night was strange. The perimeter shooting from the Spurs was out of this world, 3 pointers from Neal & Green killed the Heat. Miami's flaws are being exposed and once again defensively poor and as for rebounding during this playoffs, it's been men against boys. Spurs 4-2 is my prediction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:45 pm

leonard is defending Lebron unbelievably well.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Just saw today's highlights......oh baby the Heat back in business

Now 2-2 in the series. LeBron was huge, what a turnaround from game 3. Also Wade was rolling back the years with 30 pts. Spurs were shaken up by this performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am

GO SAN ANTONIO!!!!!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 am

Yeah, 3-2 Spurs. Heat's poor start cost them. If Spurs win the series surely Danny Green is MVP for his shooting......just an unbelievable, non-human effort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Yes the spurs! 

cant stand Miami and there team of Egos one bit, hoping the Spurs win the championship

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am

Unbelievable end to the fourth for Miami, I thought it was all over when LeBron missed a couple of shots but the legendary Ray Allen shoots a 3 pointer to force overtime. Spurs should of wrapped that up last night, Duncan was immense and didn't deserve to lose. Didn't see Green at all last night which was surprising.

Miami 3-3 Spurs.......1 GAME TO DECIDE THE NBA FINALS.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:30 am

Smacks of a "legacy" game for LeBron.

If he dominates, and gets the MVP on a Heat win he pushes himself further into the legendary bracket.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, LeBron even took his headband off for the fourth quarter he was so pumped and nervous because he thought Miami had blown it. You could see the tension in his face and he was trying to hard, he was playing poorly really at the end, only Ray Allen's unbelievable 3 pointer saved then. If he can win this for Miami it would go a lon way, as you say, for his legacy and standing in the game. Spurs have been the better team throughout this series but Miami are still there. Going to be some ball game later this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Spurs lost that game rather that Miami winning it. Popovich should have left Duncan on and he would have taken at least on of those two key Heat offensive rebounds at the buzzer.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:57 am

Whilst of course LeBron had a great game last night, again the Spurs really should have won that game

How Tim Duncan missed those layups I'll never know
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:03 pm

LeBron proved how good he is, massive performance. Deserved the MVP, carried that team all the way, although Battier deserves a mention for last night. Yeah, Duncan`s miss was huge, although he's been immense in the series. Two Championship s for LeBron, how many can he win and will that be at Miami?

I'm pretty sure Miami will think about letting Bosh go to Cleveland or somewhere else. Great season and brilliant coverage by Sky and should see more improvements for next year. Hopefully British sports fans can get behind NBA.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Not one
Not two...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2