The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!!

5 posters

Go down

So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!! Empty So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

1. Can be quite daunting If you're of shy disposition and intimidating...Walking thru that door!!...Best to remember it's the SAME for everybody. Give you a tip what I used to do and still do.......whether it was trying to get Women or in situations socially and at work. I'd decide I'm going to do this... bang the door open or tap a girls shoulder before I had time to think of any negative consequences!!.....

Then you can't back out and you come across as a confident guy and start off with the right image.......Take that first step!!

2. Decide what it is you're after...Fitness goals....Physique, Powerlifting goals....

3. Form - Is most important...... so many workouts are wasted because you aren't doing the exercise right. Leading to...

4. Ask for advice when necessary.......Not a bodybuilder around who hasn't had to start from the beginning......99% are guys ready to impart their knowledge...The other 1% are not worth knowing..

5. Nothing good comes easy.......Lot's of little targets adds up to a lot over time......

6. Heavy weight........Don't be intimidated by guys chucking heavy weights around....at least 50% are doing the exercise wrong....Keep your training personal to you and don't worry what anybody else is doing.

7. Eat properly and get enough sleep......Get everything right!!.If you are going to hurt yourself at the gym why compromise results.

8. Respect everyone and they'll respect you....

9. Enjoy the ride.............

10. Listen to your body...If your body is telling you it's tired listen to it...if it's telling you it finds a certain exercise awkward don't do it....I don't Bench press for that reason..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!! Empty Re: So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!!

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

Number 9 is so important.

The amount of times that some young lads join the gym and for the first few weeks walk around like the own the place is astonishing. It's almost like the feel they have to put on a show and act big and tough, to fit in. It's not like that, and you end up looking like a complete tool.

Can I add one Truss?

Number 11. There's no place for phones in the gym. Texting is not a workout!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!! Empty Re: So you're thinking of joining a gym?????? - Ten Tips!!

Post by incontinentia Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:53 pm

on no. 4, asking for advice, this can be a potential minefield. how do you know the person giving it knows what they're on about? i would be sceptical with advice from anyone to be honest.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

12 Ignore ignore any lady in lycra. If she came to the gym to get hit on, she would. have worn hot pants
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:02 pm

Would you ignore her...If she took it off in front of you though??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm

if you are in the shower after your workout and have shampoo running down into your eyes, never EVER reach out blindly for the soap/ shower gel.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:40 pm

Trussman- mate, it depends, lycra isnt always nice... Hot pants never fail!!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm

Sounds like incontinentia is telling us from experience!! raspberry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 30 Apr 2013, 7:39 am

13 Dont even try have a conversation with a naked man. If the guy is naked, chances are he isnt really in "discussion" mode...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Wed 01 May 2013, 8:45 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:

Number 11. There's no place for phones in the gym. Texting is not a workout!

...explains the occasional glance I get after taking out my phone after every set... but I'm just using a workout planner app!

kingraf wrote:

13 Dont even try have a conversation with a naked man. If the guy is naked, chances are he isnt really in "discussion" mode...

Unfortunately, they sometimes are! Run
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 01 May 2013, 9:51 pm

most of the old dudes at the gym love nothing better than to converse at length with their grey anatomy on display! put it away grandad!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 01 May 2013, 10:05 pm

Mate, Im of the darker skin variety, Its almost remarkable how often some stereotypical joke pops up.
(Funny enough, they go both ways, sometimes its 'I guess its true, huh? others are like 'Its not THAT big'.) I just wanna change dammit!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 May 2015, 11:43 am

Just for Paulv2..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 09 May 2015, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down