The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mickie james frustration.

4 posters

Go down

mickie james frustration.  Empty mickie james frustration.

Post by Mr Video Man Sun 5 May 2013 - 9:21

she said this in an interview and I quote

on her standing in the company "I honestly feel like for the last year I've probably been on less than ten of the shows. You know what I mean? And for the last year and a half I've barely done anything. It's awesome to come back and win the number one contendership and go for the title but I'm sick and tired of being home and watching all these other people. It would be one thing if I was injured or one thing if I was hurt, and I get it because I was injured and I was hurt and sick for a minute. I was already off TV when I got sick. It's so frustrating when you know you’re one of the best in the world and you're sitting at home, it's frustrating. I love what I do and I love the people I work with, but I don't love pretending I love sitting at home when I'm not. That's kinda where I'm at with it. I'm just being real and being honest about it. You know, it's not me trying to be this awful person, because it doesn’t take away my love for what I'm doing."

On the forgotten state of the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship: "I don’t understand the logic behind that because in my opinion, besides the X Division Championship, the female tag team championship is the only thing we have that nobody else has. I think our ladies’ division is so unique and so different that it gives you something else to fight for. I don’t know why they’re sitting around ODB and EY’s waists, and they’re not even defending them and nobody else is getting a shot at them. There’s no storyline; there’s nothing wrapped around them. They just kind of won the belts and that was it. Then we forgot about them.

"I don't think we have enough girls right now to even have a tag division, unfortunately. But there are enough girls in our circle that we can use. In my opinion, it would be awesome if there were more full-time contracted girls because not only would it give us more girls to work with in the title picture, but also in the tag division being able to pair up with the right people and kind of see who works together and who doesn’t, what’s going to make money and what’s not, what kind of gimmicks and characters like Jumping Bomb Angels and Glamour Girls – it all works."

On her popularity compared to Velvet Sky: "I was glad that Velvet was back; I thought it was awesome. But what was the point in bringing me back [in December] if you were just going to bring her back a week later and then I was going to sit at home? It didn’t make any sense to me unless it would have worked into some kind of storyline or something like that. It still could, you never know.

"Velvet started in TNA and that’s where she built her fan base. She’s got hardcore TNA fans, whereas I have hardcore Mickie James fans.

I don’t mean to take anything away from her because she does have hardcore Velvet Sky fans, but I brought 80-90 percent of my fan base with me. I do have a larger audience, but she has a larger TNA loyal fan base."
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

mickie james frustration.  Empty Re: mickie james frustration.

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 5 May 2013 - 15:20

Mickie James is looking great at the moment.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 5 May 2013 - 15:45

Totally agree (with both the above).

The Knockouts division is a joke...like nearly everything else outside the heavyweight scene. Okay, the X Division is starting to get interesting agian, but even the men's tag team scene only seems to have 3 teams...and one of those is Roode/Aries who aren't likely to stay together long.

Thinking back 2-3 years, back to when Karen Jarrett was making a total mess of the Knockouts, they seemed to have loads of female wrestlers who could have made competitive and interesting singles and tag team divisions. After KJ left it seems they got rid of half of them and semi-retired quite a few others.

You suppose its just a case of TNA not being able to afford to keep that many on the roster?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 5 May 2013 - 22:49

dyrewolfe wrote:Totally agree (with both the above).

The Knockouts division is a joke...like nearly everything else outside the heavyweight scene. Okay, the X Division is starting to get interesting agian, but even the men's tag team scene only seems to have 3 teams...and one of those is Roode/Aries who aren't likely to stay together long.

Thinking back 2-3 years, back to when Karen Jarrett was making a total mess of the Knockouts, they seemed to have loads of female wrestlers who could have made competitive and interesting singles and tag team divisions. After KJ left it seems they got rid of half of them and semi-retired quite a few others.

You suppose its just a case of TNA not being able to afford to keep that many on the roster?
Could be that they basically don't have time to have them all they've got a 2 hour show and that's basically it, with just one womens match a week do they have time to support a womens tag division and enough solo competitors to keep it interesting? So people like Gail Kim and Kong headed off to WWE for bigger parts and I expect more money. It seems to me (though I haven't watched regularly since Hogan came in) that where as they used to have an exciting tag division, a good womens division and the best bit was the X-division with the heavyweight division the weakest part they've sacrificed the rest to try to make the heavyweight division the best part of the show.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down