The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without

+13
rIck_dAgless
WhiteCamry
jimmyinthewell68
Derbyblue
hornbloweroafc
Adam D
kingraf
superflyweight
ONETWOFOREVER
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Galted
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without Empty Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:02

Your favourite scenes that turned a poor film into an ok film, or an ok film into a good film, or a good film into……you get the idea...

Kick-Ass – Hit-Girl goes a bit mental & ruins Razul's apartment
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest – the final scene with the chief tearing apart the hydrotherapy room
Amadeus – nagging mother-in-law turning into the Queen of the Night aria
Life Of Brian – Brian arguing with his followers from his bedroom
Talk Radio – the calls over the closing credits while Telephone & Rubber Band plays
Nights of Cabiria – the look into the camera
Once Were Warriors – cook the man some f****** eggs
Pulp Fiction – opening scene in the diner
Silence of the lambs – the angel of death
Goodfellas – The "how the f*** am I funny?" scene
Let the Right One In – the swimming pool scene near the end

& two from hopelessly bad films that remained hopelessly bad films:
The Room – "you are tearing me apart Lisa"
Troll 2 – "They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me! OHHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDD!!!!!"

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without Empty Re: Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:17

Finding the imbedded statue of Liberty on the beach at the end of the Planet of the apes was so symbolistic...To the fall of mankind........

Rightly iconistic...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without Empty Re: Monumental scenes a film just couldn't have done without

Post by Rowley Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:17

The Helicopter Attack in Apocolypse Now is absolutely epic. Love everything about it, the Wagner music is awesome and Duvall is absolutely brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:37

I absolutely love the scene in Shawshank when Andy locks the office door and plays music over the loudspeakers in the courtyard.

All the inmates stop, look up, and fall silent as Canzonetta sull'aria from Mozart's Marriage of Figaro drifts over the airwaves.

Stunning scene in a brilliant film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:48

Thought I'd included the Shawshank scene with Marriage of Figaro - is a brilliant scene, helped a lot by Morgan Freeman's narration. Thought overall the film fell a bit short, Tim Robbins just can't act & didn't think the aging was particularly well done.

The Ride of the Valkyries scene from Apocalypse Now is epic as is the water buffalo slaughter.

Haven't seen Planet of the Apes - know the scene you mean though which I guess proves that it is iconic.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:53

Return of the living dead with the immortal Linnea Quigley running naked throuth the cemetary and those mutilated corpses/zombies singing "Do you want to party"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:56

Galted wrote:Thought I'd included the Shawshank scene with Marriage of Figaro - is a brilliant scene, helped a lot by Morgan Freeman's narration. Thought overall the film fell a bit short, Tim Robbins just can't act & didn't think the aging was particularly well done.

My only real criticism of the film is the aging. I would agree that it could have been done better. Apart from that, for me, the film is excellent. Robbins is certainly outshone by Morgan Freeman, but I thought he played it reasonably well.

I love the scene on the roof as well when Andy secures them some beers, of which he refuses to take one. Again, helped by Freeman's narration.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 8 May 2013 - 12:58

Horse head in the bed - The Godfather

Bruce Lee nunchucks solo - Enter the Dragon

Christopher Walken dialog with D.Hopper - True Romance

Never be hungry again - Gone with the wind

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:03

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Was quite cleverly manipulated by the director - when they all finish laughing & you get the worried look on Dennis Hopper's face & the sombre mood, then realise what's about to happen. The scene with Floyd was also pretty good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:06

Trainspotting - the entire section from Renton overdosing and sinking into the carpet all the way through to him going through cold turkey. My favourite scenes in one of my favourite films.

The Sweet Smell of Success - the whole film is amazing but the bit where Burt Lancaster looks down on Broadway from his balcony and proclaims that he "loves this dirty town".

La Haine - the bit where the guy opens his bedroom windows and blasts out music from his turntables across the entire estate.

The Searchers - the final scene where John Wayne is silhouetted in the doorway with the wilderness behind him.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:10

superflyweight wrote:Trainspotting - the entire section from Renton overdosing and sinking into the carpet all the way through to him going through cold turkey. My favourite scenes in one of my favourite films.

The standout scene for me was when he wakes up & you have the voiceover wondering how long Allison's been screaming then the view into the baby's crib.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:13

The leg scene in The Graduate where Hoffman gets seduced and we basically view the scene from Between Bancroft's legs...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:13

That scene in Trainspotting is mental - good shout.

Holy sh*t its Henry Fonda - Fonda entrance in Once upon a time in the west.

Shower scene - Schindler's list

Hot rod becoming Rodimus Prime after unlocking the matrix - Transformers the movie.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:16

Superman - Where he changes in the phonebooth and that black guy goes...

"Say Jim whoaaaaa"........Love that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:17

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The leg scene in The Graduate where Hoffman gets seduced and we basically view the scene from Between Bancroft's legs...

My word, Truss! You're a man obsessed! Mrs Truss is going to have "put out" some more or you're going to go blind!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:18

Going to specsavers later.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:22

John Cusack boombox - Say anything

3 way duel - The good the bad and the ugly

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:31

Adriaaaannnnnn!!!!!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:31

Dirty Harry - When he shoots the nutter on the football pitch..and keeps sticking his foot in the wound asking for the kidnapped girl........

Kind of broke the mould on the new style of anti-hero cop of the 70s and onwards!!.........The guy that doesn't play by the rules..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:37

Galted wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Was quite cleverly manipulated by the director - when they all finish laughing & you get the worried look on Dennis Hopper's face & the sombre mood, then realise what's about to happen. The scene with Floyd was also pretty good.

Its my favourite scene of all time. The DVD commentary from QT is very good as well.

Also liked Truss' suggestion of Return of the Living Dead.

my offering is from The Untouchables when Malone gets it. Not the scene of the death but the scene where Capone is told at the theatre about it whilst listening to the clown singing. Incredible music, acting and visuals - the exact same feeling as with the Hopper/ Walken scene.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:41

Does anyone know of any good youtube downloader (that copies to video format not mp3)? I do buy my films but it's a bit annoying when I'm w@nkered & just want to watch one or two scenes without having to pi$$ about changing discs. Alternatively is there a way to capture from bluray? - I'm using Windows 7 which I think has video editing capabilities but the laptop doesn't have a BR player, my BR player is a standalone one connected to the TV.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 May 2013 - 13:42

Not the greatest movie in the trilogy but Aliens has that monumental scene at the end.

The lift door slowly opens and Ripley is standing there in the loading suit, arms spread and looking menacing.

"Get away from her you b!tch".

Brilliant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 8 May 2013 - 14:13

Dirty Harry - "Do I feel lucky?" speech

James Cagney (White Heat) ""Made it ma, top o' the World!"

Arnie (Terminator scene in the Police Station - "I'll be back!")

Pulp Fiction - Ezekiel 25-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 May 2013 - 14:16

Predator "You are one ugly m*********r"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 8 May 2013 - 16:46

Blade - Opening Dance - Blood shower scene. Top tune to back it up!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 17:08

The shower/chainsaw scene in Scarface, cleverly lets your mind do most of the dirty work,

The big revelation in Usual Suspects was also well handled even if the rest of the film was a bit jumbled - really gave you the impression that you were experiencing some epic epiphany.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 8 May 2013 - 17:34

Galted wrote:The shower/chainsaw scene in Scarface, cleverly lets your mind do most of the dirty work,

The big revelation in Usual Suspects was also well handled even if the rest of the film was a bit jumbled - really gave you the impression that you were experiencing some epic epiphany.

C'mon if where talking scarface then it has to be ''Say hello to my little friend''

thats what the movie is known for.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 May 2013 - 17:36

Very Happy

True but by then the film had gone a bit overboard for me. I quite liked the tongue-waggling bit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 8 May 2013 - 17:40

hornbloweroafc wrote:Blade - Opening Dance - Blood shower scene. Top tune to back it up!

Fantastic scene. Does not get enough credit and its so clever.

TRUSS good call on Predator.

Rambo 2 Sly cleaning house with the M60E3 machine gun in 1 arm and a belt of bullets in the other.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 8 May 2013 - 20:14

Ip Man vs the 10 Japanese black belts in Ip Man, seeing that scene on film4 as I was changing channels was enough to make me by the film and it's sequel.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 9 May 2013 - 20:38

John Hurt giving birth in Alien ..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 9 May 2013 - 23:25

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:John Hurt giving birth in Alien ..............

Very good shout that TRUSS.

famous scene indeed. Saw the making of Alien and they explained how they did that quite interesting.

Anyone remember the scene in American werewolf in London when the lead character transforms into the wolf in his apartment?

I believe Frank Oz was behind that the man behind the muppets. Scary scene back then set to the soundtrack of ''blue moon, you saw me standing alone''

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 16:52

kill bill one the bride fighting the crazy 88 scene

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 1:13

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Superman - Where he changes in the phonebooth and that black guy goes...

"Say Jim whoaaaaa"........Love that.

No, he changed in a revolving door and then the pimp said that line.

For me, the moment was right before that when he briefly looks at what a phone booth had become by the late '70s, a nod toward the old cliche and balloon-popping it all at once.  It said this movie has a sense of humor about itself.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 1:17

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Dirty Harry - When he shoots the nutter on the football pitch..and keeps sticking his foot in the wound asking for the kidnapped girl........

Kind of broke the mould on the new style of anti-hero cop of the 70s and onwards!!.........The guy that doesn't play by the rules..

Early in the movie when he gives some other, dramatically inconsequential suspect the "do you feel lucky, punk?" routine.  It set the entire attitude.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 1:41

The car chase was the one scene which made the otherwise lamely written Bullitt a sacred rite of modern masculinity.

After the car chase in The French Connection Popeye shoots the drug dealer on the stairs up to the el station.  It drew the most applause from test audiences and was used in print ads.

The chariot race in Ben-Hur.

When undertaker Amerigo Bonasera turns to The Godfather because he's run out of options after some garbage smashed his daughter's face and drew a suspended sentence - he even declares "I have always believed in America" - Vito Corleone first shames him into kneeling, hand-kissing subservience before agreeing to render his own brand of justice.  Corleone then passes the duty to an underling, sniffs his button-hole carnation and declares, "we're not murderers despite what this undertaker thinks."  This opening scene sets the theme that big business, big law and big crime - all big powers, in fact - work on the same Machiavellian principle: they do whatever what they want and lie about it, while proclaiming their public services.

Last edited by WhiteCamry on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 1:43; edited 1 time in total

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 1:43

kingraf wrote:Adriaaaannnnnn!!!!!!

Khaaaaaaaaannn!!!!

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 6:59

Matrix - Lobby Scene
Kung fu Hustle - Opening Dance scene in the Street
Aliens - Automatic guns running down on bullets in the corridor
Ring - girl comes out of T.V

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 13:19

& two from hopelessly bad films that remained hopelessly bad films:
Troll 2 – "They're eating her!  And then they're going to eat me!  OHHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDD!!!!!"
[/quote]

The room is terrible, i'd of said the scene on the roof top when he mutters the imortal lines "i did not hit her, i did not, i did not.....oh hi Mark"
worst acting EVER!!!!!!!!!

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 13:35

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:& two from hopelessly bad films that remained hopelessly bad films:
Troll 2 – "They're eating her!  And then they're going to eat me!  OHHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDD!!!!!"

The room is terrible, i'd of said the scene on the roof top when he mutters the imortal lines "i did not hit her, i did not, i did not.....oh hi Mark"
worst acting EVER!!!!!!!!!

Every single scene is comedy gold:

Mark: Yeah, man, you'll never know. People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl; she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.
Johnny: Ha ha ha. What a story, Mark.

Thank you, honey, this is a beautiful party! You invited all my friends. Good thinking!

You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 13:42

or this one

Johnny: Hi.

Flower Shop Clerk: Can I help you?

Johnny: Yeah, can I have a dozen red roses, please?

Flower Shop Clerk: Oh, hi, Johnny. I didn't know it was you.

Flower Shop Clerk: Here you go.

Johnny: That's me. How much is it?

Flower Shop Clerk: It'll be eighteen dollars.

Johnny: Here you go. Keep the change.

Johnny: Hi, doggy.

Flower Shop Clerk: You're my favorite customer.

Johnny: Thanks a lot. Bye!

Flower Shop Clerk: Buh-bye!

Never saw a scene/take go so quick!!

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 13:54

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:or this one

Johnny: Hi.

Flower Shop Clerk: Can I help you?

Johnny: Yeah, can I have a dozen red roses, please?

Flower Shop Clerk: Oh, hi, Johnny. I didn't know it was you.

Flower Shop Clerk: Here you go.

Johnny: That's me. How much is it?

Flower Shop Clerk: It'll be eighteen dollars.

Johnny: Here you go. Keep the change.

Johnny: Hi, doggy.

Flower Shop Clerk: You're my favorite customer.

Johnny: Thanks a lot. Bye!

Flower Shop Clerk: Buh-bye!

Never saw a scene/take go so quick!!

Laugh 

I wonder if any of the scenes required a second take.

Have you seen the bj scene?  The facial expressions are brilliant, some of the finest acting I've been privileged to see.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:07

The love scenes in that film are brilliant, one minute her hair is up, then its down, then its back flipping up again,

It makes me think that i can make films

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:15

Tommy Wiseau was responsible for one of cinema's greatest feats when he managed to con the producers out of $6000000 to make it. I wonder if they knew he'd be writing, directing & starring.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:22

$6,000,000 hahahaha i'd of loved to of seen their faces when they saw the finished film for the first time!!! unemployment rates must of shot up for that week!!

It's still better than transfomers 2 though

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:41

Steve Martin's foul mouthed outburst in Planes, trains & Automibiles.

Swearing can be boring and unfunny, but not on this occasion.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:54

The "and here's an idea, have a point, it makes things so much more interesting for the listener" scene as well, Steve Martin did have a knack for the comical outburst.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:58

Yeah, felt sorry for Candy when he said that. Great film.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 14:59

the room sounds like an 80s porn film dialogue lol will have to watch it . raiders of the last ark got so many scenes that are associated with that film but i guess its the guy with the trick sword play only to be shot by Indiana

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 15:00

Knight playing chess with death, on the beach, in The Seventh Seal

Lawrence walking along top of train in Lawrence of Arabia

Chase through the sewers, or the Cuckoo clock speech, in The Third Man

Singing Men of Harlech in Zulu

Chaplin going through the machine in Modern Times or eating a boot in The Gold Rush

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next