The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BT Sport makes its move

+34
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
wheelchair1991
FootballLight
spencerclarke
The Fourth Lion
Hammersmith harrier
MIG
Hero
hampo17
westisbest
Kay Fabe
The Terror of Tylorstown
Crimey
compelling and rich
Marky
CFCNick
Champagne_Socialist
TheCultOfPersonality
TopoftheChops
Dave.
LastDamnation
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Trebs
TopHat24/7
The Special Juan
Hulking_up
Ent
NickisBHAFC
DJ Legless
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
38 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty BT Sport makes its move

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 May 2013, 3:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22462525

BT Sport 1 and 2 will be free to BT Broadband customers. That is quite a lot of sport, including 38 live Premier Games. Quite incredible move, and might break the near-monopoly of Sky Sports. Hats off to BT for that.

Duty281

Posts : 27003
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down


BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:28 am

So you think interest in La Liga is as high as the premier league in this country?

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:59 am

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:So you think interest in La Liga is as high as the premier league in this country?
do you have viewing figures to back up your argument? eg el classico viewing figures on sky compared to manchester derby etc??

I am British and i would rather watch Juventus v AC Milan on BT Sport than watch Hull v Crystal palace on Sky etc.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:36 am

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:So you think interest in La Liga is as high as the premier league in this country?
Obviously not but I'm English and I'm not ONLY concerned with the PL. As are a lot of football fans in this country.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by compelling and rich Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

id much rather watch English football even if it is a rubbish one than some "bigger" italian, football standard has dropped dramatically over there

plus you dont get fantsay football points for games abroad!

the other thing i would say why BT games are not the best is they are all 12.30 kick offs, anybody who plays sport will struggle to catch these games, the 5.30 kick off that espn used to have now sky have is a much better time for fans

compelling and rich

Posts : 5955
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:53 am

compelling and rich wrote:id much rather watch English football even if it is a rubbish one than some "bigger" italian, football standard has dropped dramatically over there

plus you dont get fantsay football points for games abroad!

the other thing i would say why BT games are not the best is they are all 12.30 kick offs, anybody who plays sport will struggle to catch these games, the 5.30 kick off that espn used to have now sky have is a much better time for fans

After November BT get a lot of the 5:30 kick off games.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:11 am

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/oct/29/sky-sports-premier-league-football-tv-ratings

If any foreign game gets a third of that viewing audience I would be very very surprised, if other leagues could compete against the premier league then Sky wouldn't pay so much for it would they. It's basic common sense to be honest and of course the manchester derby gets more viewers than El Classico, do you honestly think an english audience would prefer to watch a spanish game of football?

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by CFCNick Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:18 am

La Liga is .............................


Many words I want to use but they'd be censored. I can't stand it. Much prefer the other European leagues, after the top four English leagues.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 31
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:21 am

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/oct/29/sky-sports-premier-league-football-tv-ratings

If any foreign game gets a third of that viewing audience I would be very very surprised, if other leagues could compete against the premier league then Sky wouldn't pay so much for it would they. It's basic common sense to be honest and of course the manchester derby gets more viewers than El Classico, do you honestly think an english audience would prefer to watch a spanish game of football?
So you have 1 game, what about el classico figures so we can compare??? And we need more than 1 game to compare it too, you need about 10 games to have valid evidence.

But as the poster above commentated that even though the premier league will be the most popular league in England that doesn't mean people don't want to watch la liga or seria A etc. Just like in Spain la liga is number 1 for popularity but they still like to watch the EPL.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:23 am

CFCNick wrote:La Liga is .............................


Many words I want to use but they'd be censored. I can't stand it. Much prefer the other European leagues, after the top four English leagues.
Ok well you can watch Burton v Oxford united whilst I watch Barcelona v Real Madrid Smile

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by hampo17 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:26 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:I would also add that this is BT's first year and they already have all of the above live. If it is a success imagine when the champions league bidding rights become available and Bt gets champions league games.

Also in the future BT will get access to more live premier league games when the bidding comes around again.

Sky will do everything in their power to keep the Champions League. It's worth remembering that what they are showing was already on ESPN, they haven't acquired any new shows from Sky and don't look like doing so.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by compelling and rich Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:26 am

i think el classico are over played a bit with all the hype sky give it, the majority of the game is spent by players rolling around and running around the ref harassing him. when football does eventually break out it can be good, but the antics of the players is enough to turn anyone away from football

compelling and rich

Posts : 5955
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 am

This is where common sense should kick in, compare the effort Sky put into marketing the premier league, Monday night football, the punditry team, the commentators and compare that to how much effort they put into La Liga. It's at this point your brain should kick into gear and put 2 and 2 together to make 4 and not 5.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/manchester-derby-attracts-sky-s-top-viewing-figures-3138931#.Uir_EcasiSo

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:This is where common sense should kick in, compare the effort Sky put into marketing the premier league, Monday night football, the punditry team, the commentators and compare that to how much effort they put into La Liga. It's at this point your brain should kick into gear and put 2 and 2 together to make 4 and not 5.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/manchester-derby-attracts-sky-s-top-viewing-figures-3138931#.Uir_EcasiSo
Your arguments are redundant. You think the EPL is all people are interested in and that is why you are wrong.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
You can debate all you want about sky being better etc but with the views highlighted above, debating with you about foreign leagues would be pointless.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:41 pm

Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:42 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern. Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there. The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:47 pm

It has the strongest team, that's a singular not a plural. Dortmund had a good season in the champions league last year but it's not sustained success and much depends on the coming years. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:47 pm

Sky must be kicking themselves that it was apparently so obvious for so long that, bar a couple of big english derbies, all people apparently want to watch in this country is inconveniently the two leagues Sky chose not to invest in.

Fingers crossed no BSKYB shareholders are reading this! Ouchy!!

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.
But you said that the majority of english people dont care about foreign leagues which is wrong.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.
And about 4 years ago it was all EPL teams, having 3out of 4 semi spots n always in the final. So what's your point?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Sky must be kicking themselves that it was apparently so obvious for so long that, bar a couple of big english derbies, all people apparently want to watch in this country is inconveniently the two leagues Sky chose not to invest in.

Fingers crossed no BSKYB shareholders are reading this! Ouchy!!
quote where I said that they ONLY want to watch.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.
And about 4 years ago it was all EPL teams, having 3out of 4 semi spots n always in the final.  So what's your point?
You changed the point to discuss which league is strongest and I just pointed out that the German league has had 4 finalists in 4 years.


Last edited by Champagne_Socialist on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.
But you said that the majority of english people dont care about foreign leagues which is wrong.
can you back that up?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm

Can you try and quantify your argument, there's a difference between watching something because it's there and actively going out of your way to watch something. You haven't backed up anything you've said and you know SKY are going to dominate on the sports broadcasting front for many more years, BT aren't doing anything different to ESPN.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.
But you said that the majority of english people dont care about foreign leagues which is wrong.
can you back that up?
Yes

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Can you try and quantify your argument, there's a difference between watching something because it's there and actively going out of your way to watch something. You haven't backed up anything you've said and you know SKY are going to dominate on the sports broadcasting front for many more years, BT aren't doing anything different to ESPN.
Bt comes as a package, they have phone lines, internet services, they have a lot more cash than espn and more power to get customers.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:53 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.
And about 4 years ago it was all EPL teams, having 3out of 4 semi spots n always in the final.  So what's your point?
You changed the point to discuss which league is strongest and I just pointed out that the German league has had 4 finalists in 4 years.
no, you said the german league was the best and that's why bt is best. i pointed out it was transitory.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:54 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.
And about 4 years ago it was all EPL teams, having 3out of 4 semi spots n always in the final.  So what's your point?
You changed the point to discuss which league is strongest and I just pointed out that the German league has had 4 finalists in 4 years.
No they have had TWO, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.
And about 4 years ago it was all EPL teams, having 3out of 4 semi spots n always in the final.  So what's your point?
You changed the point to discuss which league is strongest and I just pointed out that the German league has had 4 finalists in 4 years.
no, you said the german league was the best and that's why bt is best. i pointed out it was transitory.
But it is the best based on champions league performances in the last 4 years Smile

LA liga is the best based on champions league winners in the last 10 years.

You can't prove my statement wrong that one legue is better than the other because I can use whatever statistic or fact I want to prove my argument right just like someone could say the Russian league is the best and quote some weird stat or fact.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.
But you said that the majority of english people dont care about foreign leagues which is wrong.
can you back that up?
Yes
go on then, the floor is yours........

because a company with infinitely more knowledge and resources than you were unable to sufficiently to justify investing past la liga.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:57 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:As a football and boxing fan Sky will always have my backing, i've got BT sport free because of my internet which is garbage and a fraction as good as Virgin Media for instance. The pricing of these channels doesn't bother me so i'll go for quality over quantity every day, how many people in this country really give a crap about foreign leagues anyway? I'd rather watch eastenders than watch Madrid or Barcelona play unless it's against an english that I like.
Depends how much of a football fan you are. If you enjoy watching the best football then BT is better than sky because BT show the German league which has the strongest teams in it. Italian league is very entertaining and there are great players there and the french league is exciting this year with monaco and PSG buying the worlds best players.

Sky offer la liga and  english premier league whilst BT offer italian, french, german and english premier league. Sky have the advantage over EPL because they offer 3x as many games but BT has the edge for foreign leagues.
1. Well that was convenient timing then as that only happened in the last 24 months or so.

2. It has 1 team, Bayern.  Maybe two at a push with with Dortmund. Not like all europes best teams and players play there.  The two best by a mile are in la liga for example.
Bayern have been in the final 3 out of the last 4 years winning it last year. Madrid lost to german teams last year and this year in the semi-finals of the champions league.
And about 4 years ago it was all EPL teams, having 3out of 4 semi spots n always in the final.  So what's your point?
You changed the point to discuss which league is strongest and I just pointed out that the German league has had 4 finalists in 4 years.
No they have had TWO, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.
They have had 4 finalists in 4 years. How does it being just munich and dortmund prove my statement wrong?

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:58 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.
But you said that the majority of english people dont care about foreign leagues which is wrong.
can you back that up?
Yes
go on then, the floor is yours........

because a company with infinitely more knowledge and resources than you were unable to sufficiently to justify investing past la liga.
Firstly they couldn't get french, german and italian leagues cos they didn't have enough money and time to broadcast all of the leagues live.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:00 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Or you could try and quantify why the foreign leagues being showed makes any difference to a channels subscription rather than saying a lot of nothing. What I would have to ask and it's a simple question which league do you think englishmen want to watch first and foremost?

Trying to suggest that El Classico is a bigger game in england than any big game involving Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham or even West Ham, Newcastle or Everton is just plain wrong. I go to various pubs to watch football and any big game that's shown the pubs are packed, alternatively pubs don't show a lot of foreign football let along getting people to go their and watch them.

Having La Liga games or Bundesliga games is an extra it's not a major selling point, if we look at BT sport advertising it's geared primarily towards the premier league with a bit rugby thrown in. No emphasise at all on the french league or any other league. There are for instance approximately 1 million manchester united fans in england alone, football wise the focus of the majority would be there own club and the league they play in.
But you said that the majority of english people dont care about foreign leagues which is wrong.
can you back that up?
Yes
go on then, the floor is yours........

because a company with infinitely more knowledge and resources than you were unable to sufficiently to justify investing past la liga.
Firstly they couldn't get french, german and italian leagues cos they didn't have enough money and time to broadcast all of the leagues live.
pahahahahhahahahahaha

that'll be a no then Laugh

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:01 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Can you try and quantify your argument, there's a difference between watching something because it's there and actively going out of your way to watch something. You haven't backed up anything you've said and you know SKY are going to dominate on the sports broadcasting front for many more years, BT aren't doing anything different to ESPN.
Bt comes as a package, they have phone lines, internet services, they have a lot more cash than espn and more power to get customers.
Do you genuinely think that BT are a bigger and richer company than ESPN?

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

yeh, that poverty stricken company from that teeny weeny little third world country across thre pond....... laughing

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:05 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Can you try and quantify your argument, there's a difference between watching something because it's there and actively going out of your way to watch something. You haven't backed up anything you've said and you know SKY are going to dominate on the sports broadcasting front for many more years, BT aren't doing anything different to ESPN.
Bt comes as a package, they have phone lines, internet services, they have a lot more cash than espn and more power to get customers.
Do you genuinely think that BT are a bigger and richer company than ESPN?
I think it is more to do with BT having a base of customers already who are their broadband customers. ESPN had no such thing.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:08 pm

You struggle a lot with the difference between a singular and a plural.

Bayern Munich are one entity and them getting to multiple finals proves how good they are but not how good their league is, a leagues strength would be backed up with various finalists and semi finalists.

For instance you said La Liga was the strongest league in terms of the champions league in the past ten years but again you're wrong. There has been ONE spanish winner in that time who have won three times and they are also the only spanish finalists in that time. Compare that to england who have had THREE different winners as well as FOUR different finalists.

The strength of a SINGULAR entity (a club) does not prove the strength of a COMBINED entity (a league).

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:yeh, that poverty stricken company from that teeny weeny little third world country across thre pond....... laughing
The most valuable Media brand in the whole world, they have no money to throw about at all if they so chose. They could probably blow SKY out the sports scene in this country or any country if they wanted to.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:23 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:You struggle a lot with the difference between a singular and a plural.

Bayern Munich are one entity and them getting to multiple finals proves how good they are but not how good their league is, a leagues strength would be backed up with various finalists and semi finalists.

For instance you said La Liga was the strongest league in terms of the champions league in the past ten years but again you're wrong. There has been ONE spanish winner in that time who have won three times and they are also the only spanish finalists in that time. Compare that to england who have had THREE different winners as well as FOUR different finalists.

The strength of a SINGULAR entity (a club) does not prove the strength of a COMBINED entity (a league).
So you are saying English teams aare stronger than the spanish top 2? Strange how public opinion and the bookies all seem to have the top 2 spanish teams as massive favourites.

Since the start of the decade munich have won the champions league and leverkusen have been finalists and if you go back a few more years to 97 then dortmund won it then.

But if we look at recent performances since 2010 then you have munich reaching the final in 2010, schalke reching the semis in 2011, munich reaching the final in 2012, munich and dortmund reaching the final in 2013.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:44 pm

Still unable to understand singularity and plurality I see.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Champagne_Socialist Sat 07 Sep 2013, 5:48 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Still unable to understand singularity and plurality I see.
I posted numerous teams Smile EPL has 1 winner since 2008, bundasliga has 1 winner since 2008 Smile

EPL has 2 finalists sine 2008 Bundasliga has 4 Smile

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:58 pm

Name BL's 4.....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:15 pm

He appears to have trouble counting.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Crimey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm

I don't think he does, he doesn't mean 4 separate teams.

2010: Bayern
2012: Bayern
2013: Bayern, Dortmund

That's 4. Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm

That doesn't prove strength when it's only two separate teams, it proves the strength of Bayern not the league they compete in.

What would suggest a stronger league, four separate finalists or just the once four times?

The Terror of Tylorstown

Posts : 685
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm

Try keep up Crimey......

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Crimey Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm

I'm not suggesting that it proves anything.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:50 pm

Crimey wrote:I'm not suggesting that it proves anything.
Maybe not, but C_S was......

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Hero Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm

If you were to rank the top ten clubs in Europe at this moment in time what would they be?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Posts : 28291
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 46
Location : Work toilet

Back to top Go down

BT Sport makes its move - Page 4 Empty Re: BT Sport makes its move

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum