The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep

+9
Stella
JuliusHMarx
sodhat
The Womble
Galted
super_realist
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Sleep Empty Sleep

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 8:31 am

That’s precisely what I did during a screening of The Phantom Menace. Falling asleep at the cinema from a monetary perspective is wasteful, but if the environment is comfortable enough and the film sufficiently boring, it somehow seems inevitable for snoozing to occur.

So the question is simply this: have you dozed off at the cinema, and which film helped you to get some shut-eye?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 8:36 am

I once went to watch the first 3 Alien films back to back at an Odeon in Stoke.

I feel asleep before the chestbursting scene and woke up during the credits of Alien 3.

This is not a reflection of the films I might add!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 8:44 am

The one Harry Potter film I went to see sent me to sleep almost immediately. I can't remember which one it was but I lasted about 15 minutes before getting a good couple of hours of shut-eye.

Not a film, but I took my wife, at her request, to see the stage show of Wicked for her birthday. I got really good seats at the front and also paid for her best friend and her husband to come so we could all make a day of it.

The opening 20 minutes were so utterly appalling that I fell asleep through the rest of the production. Mrs Windows has pretty much hated me ever since.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 8:51 am

I used to do it regularly, used to work nights so was a little sleep deprived. Used to go the cinema regularly when I first started dating TSMR and fell asleep through a number of films. Fell asleep through A Bugs Life, Ants and Enemy of the State. Think the latter was my longest kip, woke up before Gene Hackman had even appeared.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 8:51 am

Adam D wrote:I once went to watch the first 3 Alien films back to back at an Odeon in Stoke.

I feel asleep before the chestbursting scene and woke up during the credits of Alien 3.

This is not a reflection of the films I might add!

I don't think sleeping at the cinema is uncommon, but sleeping through a trilogy! Shocked Harry Potter I can understand.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by super_realist Wed 15 May 2013, 8:55 am

Fell asleep through the first Lord of the Rings.

super_realist

Posts : 27515
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 8:58 am

super_realist wrote:Fell asleep through the first Lord of the Rings.

You could get a full nights kip and still catch the end of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 9:02 am

The Grudge 2 sent me to sleep.

Some film with Clive Owen playing King Arthur (I think) also did the trick.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 9:08 am

Watched Robocop with a mate of mine who was in the army. He pretty much slept through the whole of it but woke up with a jolt each time there was gunfire.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by super_realist Wed 15 May 2013, 9:11 am

Rowley wrote:
super_realist wrote:Fell asleep through the first Lord of the Rings.

You could get a full nights kip and still catch the end of it.

Walked out of the third one for that very reason, way too long and boring.

super_realist

Posts : 27515
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 9:11 am

Galted wrote:Watched Robocop with a mate of mine who was in the army. He pretty much slept through the whole of it but woke up with a jolt each time there was gunfire.

Every two minutes then!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 9:17 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The Grudge 2 sent me to sleep.

Some film with Clive Owen playing King Arthur (I think) also did the trick.

Ah, good ol' Clive Owen. Tried to watch Children of Men twice. On both occasions it really was "eyes wide shut".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 9:21 am

Adam D wrote:
Galted wrote:Watched Robocop with a mate of mine who was in the army. He pretty much slept through the whole of it but woke up with a jolt each time there was gunfire.

Every two minutes then!

What's happened to the Movie Cup? Must be well over a week since my last humiliation.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 9:34 am

I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by sodhat Wed 15 May 2013, 9:45 am

If you fell asleep, you should have at least got your money's worth by staying in the cinema for some kip.

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 33
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 15 May 2013, 9:51 am

I once fell asleep whilst typing out a pozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 9:53 am

I fell asleep for about 10 seconds whilst watching the 2nd Lord Of The Rings film. Not that I didn't like it. My wife (then girlfriend) wasn't happy, as she hated the film.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 9:56 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The one Harry Potter film I went to see sent me to sleep almost immediately. I can't remember which one it was but I lasted about 15 minutes before getting a good couple of hours of shut-eye.

Not a film, but I took my wife, at her request, to see the stage show of Wicked for her birthday. I got really good seats at the front and also paid for her best friend and her husband to come so we could all make a day of it.

The opening 20 minutes were so utterly appalling that I fell asleep through the rest of the production. Mrs Windows has pretty much hated me ever since.

I am pretty sure she hated you before this incident too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 9:59 am

Stella wrote:I fell asleep for about 10 seconds whilst watching the 2nd Lord Of The Rings film. Not that I didn't like it. My wife (then girlfriend) wasn't happy, as she hated the film.

It's got sod-all to do with sleep, I know, but I watched the first Lord of the Rings with a girl who not only hates any type of fantasy films but was coked off her head & made these really annoying sucking/slurping sounds whenever Viggo Mortensen was on screen then laughed insanely.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 10:03 am

Big booty nurses vol 5...

fell fast asleep after about 15 minutes

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5510
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 10:04 am

Galted wrote:
Stella wrote:I fell asleep for about 10 seconds whilst watching the 2nd Lord Of The Rings film. Not that I didn't like it. My wife (then girlfriend) wasn't happy, as she hated the film.

It's got sod-all to do with sleep, I know, but I watched the first Lord of the Rings with a girl who not only hates any type of fantasy films but was coked off her head & made these really annoying sucking/slurping sounds whenever Viggo Mortensen was on screen then laughed insanely.

I take it she's not Mrs Galted Very Happy

Funnily enough, I watched the first one with a different girl, who loved the books, and therefore got me into it.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 10:11 am

Adam D wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The one Harry Potter film I went to see sent me to sleep almost immediately. I can't remember which one it was but I lasted about 15 minutes before getting a good couple of hours of shut-eye.

Not a film, but I took my wife, at her request, to see the stage show of Wicked for her birthday. I got really good seats at the front and also paid for her best friend and her husband to come so we could all make a day of it.

The opening 20 minutes were so utterly appalling that I fell asleep through the rest of the production. Mrs Windows has pretty much hated me ever since.

I am pretty sure she hated you before this incident too.

Almost certainly, Adam.

Not a sleep related story but I once went to the cinema a few years back on my own to watch Paranormal Activity as my wife hates horror films (and me) and there was a young couple in front who started necking each other really loudly. They were quite tall as well and I couldn't see all the screen as their fat heads were in the way. I actually had to tap the chap on the shoulder and ask him to either stop snogging or sit lower down in the seat.

It was at that point, sitting on my own in a cinema asking a young couple to stop kissing that I wondered what happened to my life.


Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 10:13 am

Stella wrote:
I take it she's not Mrs Galted Very Happy


Correct. Her choice not to be Mrs Galted though, not mine, I would still have been up for it.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by westisbest Wed 15 May 2013, 12:12 pm

Fell asleep through some of Sweeny Todd.

I was a bit hungover to be honest, but it was a good time to catch on some sleep.

Also fell asleep through most of Evan Almighty.
Nothing to do with drink there.

westisbest

Posts : 7714
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 15 May 2013, 12:53 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.

Shocked You walked out of Striptease!!??!!??

Shot 21 LCFC

Posts : 2366
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33
Location : Leicester, England

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 12:55 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.

What about Insomnia with Robin Williams?
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 1:12 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.

Shocked You walked out of Striptease!!??!!??

Limped out possibly.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Posts : 23684
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Parts Unknown

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Hulking_up Wed 15 May 2013, 2:51 pm

I haven't been to the cinema since Jurrasic Park 2 but at home i have fell asleep during every Harry Potter film.

Hulking_up

Posts : 530
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 3:06 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.

Shocked You walked out of Striptease!!??!!??

Yeh, it was cack plus I didn't think Demi Moore was all that. Showgirls was much better.
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 3:07 pm

Stella wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.

What about Insomnia with Robin Williams?

Ironically.........no Smile

More surprisingly I didn't try to top myself after watching Mrs Doubtfire.
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 40
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum