The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Premier League Team of the year CM

+10
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
kwinigolfer
sodhat
Crimey
Gregers
JamesLincs
MIG
MtotheC
14 posters

Go down

Who are your two CM's of the year?

v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap37%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 23 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap8%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 5 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap3%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap10%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap0%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap2%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap6%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap2%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap24%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 15 ]
[ 1 ]
v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_lcap4%v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 63

Poll closed

v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Empty v2 Premier League Team of the year CM

Post by MtotheC Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 am

As the end of the 2012/13 season is upon us its time to name the v2 team of the year, next up is the centre mid position

Who has impressed you this year?

Who has been the most consistent?

Please vote for your number 1 and leave a comment to explain your pick.

Please select two.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year CM

Post by MIG Wed May 15, 2013 9:53 am

Mata and Carrick stand out for me.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

v2 Premier League Team of the year CM Empty Re: v2 Premier League Team of the year CM

Post by JamesLincs Wed May 15, 2013 10:10 am

yup, mata and carrick for me too. if it wasnt them two id of picked cazorla and lampard. people talk about one man teams, and chelseas would be mata. without his goals and assists theyd be effed as spurs, liverpool, and any other 'one man teams'

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed May 15, 2013 10:47 am

Mata and Carrick by far

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

I've gone for Mata who has been far and away the best Chelsea player this year, he makes them tick and without him in their side they're just not the same.

My second pick goes to Gerrard who for me has been outstanding this year, he seemed to struggle to adapt at first, but for the rest of the season he's been a force in that midfield. Tackling, passing, driving forward he's been back to as close to his best as we can expect and it's been great to see.

I still don't rate Michael Carrick, I think he's become massively overrated because he was underrated and he isn't as important to the United side as people make out. Yaya Toure has been completely average this year, based on this years performances he wouldn't be worth £8 million never mind £24m.

Lampard's goals have overshadowed what hasn't been a great season, he's slowing down a lot now and doesn't have the ability to adapt like Gerrard has. Cazorla has had a good year but has lost the same spark since being shunted out onto the wing. Dembele came close to being my second pick as he's been excellent in the Spurs midfield.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed May 15, 2013 11:25 am

Kevin Nolan should be nowhere near this list. He wouldn't even be in my top two West Ham CMs of the season (Noble and Diame are far superior) but I'll save my rant for another day.

I picked Mata, because he has been consistently brilliant all year for Chelsea and has been the deciding factor in close games. I remember his brilliance in beating Spurs at White Hart Lane especially.

I plumped for Carrick second. I think he's had a consistent season and been a calming influence in an otherwise fairly weak midfield area for United.

Agree with Crimey though, I almost went for Dembele.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed May 15, 2013 11:37 am

No votes for Marouane Fellaini?

I'm quite surprised that Fellaini has zero votes, he was excellent in the first half of the season, a real driving force in that Everton team and scored important match winning goals. He has great technically ability added to his size, strength and aerial ability, a complete midfield player.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed May 15, 2013 11:40 am

100% agree with the above comments on Dembele, once considered a forward he makes such a difference in the Spurs midfield, his ability to go past people in tight spaces is amazing and he keeps the team moving forward with almost every touch. 3rd best Spurs player this season behind Bale and Jan Van.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed May 15, 2013 11:40 am

MtotheC wrote:No votes for Marouane Fellaini?

I'm quite surprised that Fellaini has zero votes, he was excellent in the first half of the season, a real driving force in that Everton team and scored important match winning goals. He has great technically ability added to his size, strength and aerial ability, a complete midfield player.
He's been fairly insignificant towards the end of the season though, I feel Mata and Carrick have been more consistent. (Coming from an Everton fan)

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Agree, Mata and Carrick.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Has mata even been playing in centre midfield?

Haven't seen him of late but I thought he played wide last season and the first half of this and the no 10 in a 4231 since Benitez took over?

We should be stating a formation for this comp IMO.

Anyway went for carrick.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm

To be fair Tettey shouldn't be on this list, he's hardly played due to injury in the 2nd half of the season.

Went for Mata and super Frank. Mata is the best player in the league imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed May 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Mata and Super Frank Lampard IMO.

How Lampard has only got 2 votes, is beyond me.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed May 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Ent wrote:Has mata even been playing in centre midfield?

Haven't seen him of late but I thought he played wide last season and the first half of this and the no 10 in a 4231 since Benitez took over?

Anyway went for carrick.

foramtion is 4-4-2 Mata isnt a winger, he has been playing off the main striker, so fits better in CM than on the wing

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Mmmm maybe should have gone Mata to partner Carrick (the Prem's stand out CM for me this yr) but I just don't immediately think of Mata as a CM. Whereas Yaya is just immense and I'm in awe almost every time I see him play.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Mata and Dembele.

Toure has been a bit pants this year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed May 15, 2013 4:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Mmmm maybe should have gone Mata to partner Carrick (the Prem's stand out CM for me this yr) but I just don't immediately think of Mata as a CM. Whereas Yaya is just immense and I'm in awe almost every time I see him play.

Toure has been absolutely awful this year. One of the main reasons City haven't been able to mount a real title bid is because of Toure's average play.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Mata and Super Frank Lampard IMO.

How Lampard has only got 2 votes, is beyond me.

Cos he's a Kumquat.

Gone Mata and Maloney. I knew Carrick would be fine for votes so just chose Maloney as he's been exceptional for Wigan. Cazorla also reminded everyone how unbelievably good he is last night

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed May 15, 2013 7:26 pm

mata's not a cm, he's an attacking midfielder or a wide player certainly not a cm.

carrick and carzola have been the two best cm's in that list

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed May 15, 2013 7:38 pm

MtotheC wrote:
Ent wrote:Has mata even been playing in centre midfield?

Anyway went for carrick.

foramtion is 4-4-2 Mata isnt a winger, he has been playing off the main striker, so fits better in CM than on the wing

I didn't say he was I said he played wide last season and no10 this year.

You say he's playing off a striker - clearly not a cm.

Not trying to get at you, appreciate the effort and the polls just expressing my opinion players are being selected in positions they don't actually play.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 am

Thats only because you have to have flexibility when naming these things. If we're going standard 4-4-2 then by those standards we'd have to nullify Cazorla Mata and Bale to start with as none of those have played in a strict 4-4-2 setting all season.

Basically, consider their form where theyve been playing, not the position on the list

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 am

Great, bale at left back, Walcott at right - got to fit the best 11 players in the league in.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 am

Or you could be awkward about it, either way it doesnt really matter

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu May 16, 2013 6:14 am

I don't think having bale in my team of the season behind rvp is being awkward personally but each to their own.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down