The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

+46
Valero's Conscience
d260005p
aja424
Mind the windows Tino.
Sir. badgerhands
School Project
huw
The genius of PBF
eddyfightfan
ChelskiFanski
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
fearlessBamber
oxring
TRUSSMAN66
coxy0001
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
whotobeA
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
Daz
jimdig
joeyjojo618
STC
Il Gialloblu
compelling and rich
wow_junky
AdZacO
ADMIN
Fists of Fury
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Davie
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
D4thincarnation
Union Cane
Scottrf
Adam D
50 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 2 Empty The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Adam D Fri 06 May 2011, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I, as well as countless other people have had enough of threads descending into utter drivel.

If you want to go wildly off topic and discuss things, then please do so in here.

Today alone has seen threads descend into conversations about Blazing Saddles, hot women, the Royal family, how to cook duck and now darts.

Is this really how we are going to attract new members?

If you want to talk about these or other similarly non boxing related matters, do so here and not on threads people have taken the time to write.

The Gloves is now open for business, now who is buying the first round?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 10:22 am

When did THIS become the Manny thread?!?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 10:27 am

BALTIMORA wrote:When did THIS become the Manny thread?!?

Oh for goodness sake, stop moaning

Talk about Manny/Mosely started late last night when the weigh-in was going on. Take a look at the thread name - it's like sitting around in a pub, discussing anything then the weigh-in comes on TV or online. You expect it to be ignored just because of you?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 10:29 am

Go and play on the fruit machine for a bit then.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 10:30 am

Is the pub open already?
God you start early, and I thought I was bad!

Although next week on my hols I wont be far off starting at this time. 🍺

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 10:33 am

There's only one fruit machine in here...

And Davie; given how much some of the mods/admin on here p!ss and moan about a plethora of other things I think you sound a little hypocritical. Far as I knew this thread was created as a diversion from the ACTUAL boxing threads, and as a bit of silliness. There have been numerous threads already tackling the subject of THAT Filipino short-@rse, so what's wrong with talking about him on one of THOSE? Why not just rename the boxing forum 'D4's Manny Thread'??

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 10:34 am

Davie wrote:

Oh for goodness sake, stop moaning

Talk about Manny/Mosely started late last night when the weigh-in was going on. Take a look at the thread name - it's like sitting around in a pub, discussing anything then the weigh-in comes on TV or online. You expect it to be ignored just because of you?

Surely we can say what we want in here, there's already numerous threads about this

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 10:39 am

There was only manny talk on here last night because we were watching the weigh in at the time. Then D4 popped up the fight article in the main section.

Lets keep the peace guys.
Any one fancy a game of pool?

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 07 May 2011, 10:40 am

Y I Man wrote:There was only manny talk on here last night because we were watching the weigh in at the time. Then D4 popped up the fight article in the main section.

Lets keep the peace guys.
Any one fancy a game of pool?

Me YI Wink
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 10:41 am

Didn't bring me cue. Plus, this cider tastes like vinegar.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 10:41 am

Can I whack people over the head with my cue instead?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 10:42 am

Liam, your not old enough to be in a pub. Wink
Door security to the pool table please.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 10:47 am

Y I Man wrote:Liam, your not old enough to be in a pub. Wink
Door security to the pool table please.

Door security? In a place like this? Do you mean that big fella who just tried to sell me hooky DVDs?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 10:49 am

BALTIMORA wrote:And Davie; given how much some of the mods/admin on here p!ss and moan about a plethora of other things I think you sound a little hypocritical.

I see. So you call ME hypocritical because of what other mods/admins do? Makes little sense to me, and more like you are spoiling for a fight with admins again

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 10:50 am

Oh yes Balti. This is a classy joint!

And how much was he charging? i might be interested. Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 10:53 am

Y I Man wrote:Oh yes Balti. This is a classy joint!

And how much was he charging? i might be interested. Whistle

Three for a fiver. All the new ones. Titanic 2, Bin Laden vs Predator, Saw 76.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 10:53 am

Ignoring those who make no sense

Well depends what your after YI, also as a rocker I do charge mods more

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 10:56 am

Titanic 2 - The Resurection. Sounds like a winner there!

As long as you dont try and sell me any 'chick flicks' im open to a bargin.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 10:57 am

Davie wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:And Davie; given how much some of the mods/admin on here p!ss and moan about a plethora of other things I think you sound a little hypocritical.

I see. So you call ME hypocritical because of what other mods/admins do? Makes little sense to me, and more like you are spoiling for a fight with admins again

No, I said your actions were hypocritical in light of what other mods & admin have said in the past. As a group your actions should have some consistency. I'm not spoiling for a fight, but it's interesting that you don't wish to be lumped in with the other admin on the one count, but all of a sudden I'm spoiling for a fight with 'admins', and not merely you. This conversation is over.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 10:58 am

Well my copy of Titanic 2 has somehow had 2 girls one cup cut into it somewhere, nice little surprise when it gets to that bit for ya

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 10:59 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Davie wrote:

No, I said your actions were hypocritical in light of what other mods & admin have said in the past. As a group your actions should have some consistency. I'm not spoiling for a fight, but it's interesting that you don't wish to be lumped in with the other admin on the one count, but all of a sudden I'm spoiling for a fight with 'admins', and not merely you. This conversation is over.

Runs over to Jukebox and selects Biffy Clyros 'this conversation is'

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 11:01 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Runs over to Jukebox and selects Biffy Clyros 'this conversation is'

Surely Tarzan Boy would be more apt

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 11:03 am

Biffy Who?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 11:05 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Well my copy of Titanic 2 has somehow had 2 girls one cup cut into it somewhere, nice little surprise when it gets to that bit for ya

It's not as bad as 2 girls 1 finger, or 2 guys 1 Stump. And as for 2 guys 1 horse or whatever it's called... just save yourself the trauma.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 11:07 am

3 guys one hammer is something i'd rather have never seen in my life

One women one horse was different but had sad consequences

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 11:08 am

I have to go and pick up the new LCD TV for the pub guys. Anyone fancy a BBQ this afternoon? I could pick up some burgers n stuff from Tesco on the way back.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 11:12 am

YI - isn't it meant to rain?

Atom - I'm with you on that one. I can't unwatch that. The one woman one horse; was that different to the 2/1 guys 1 horse then? I heard about it and Googled the case. Guy's name was Kenneth Pinyan I think. Proper twisted.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 11:21 am

The guys in 3 men one hammer were a bit stupid posting it on the internet really although would assume they only wanted notoriety

Yeah different case but same result, not going to attempt to find it to be honest, must confess i've never watched it but have heard about it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 11:38 am

I've not watched it, just read about it. I think I'd heard about in in relation to the hammer one. No, really. Just goes to show though that there really is EVERYTHING on the internet.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 11:42 am

Not quite Balti.

My master creation isnt on yet. In true Dragons Den style im building a compare site to compare the comparision sites. Its a winner thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 07 May 2011, 11:42 am

Dear god I'm getting old. I have literally no idea what you are talking about, can guess since the missus is home I would be better off not googling it just yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 11:48 am

You'd be better off not googling them at all Jeff

Brutal murder, beastiality and weird fetishes are things everyone could do without

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 May 2011, 11:59 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:You'd be better off not googling them at all Jeff

Brutal murder, beastiality and weird fetishes are things everyone could do without

are we on to Eastenders now?

Morning all - I am glad to see the pub thread is working and that normality was restored last night.

I apologise if I came over heavy handed but its done and hopefully any threads that are created can remain on topic and all the deviating (and deviation if this morning is anything to go by!) can be confined to here.

Any probs, feel free to pm me.(I have made sure my inbox is 100% full already!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 12:04 pm

Get the round in Hobo, stop being stingy.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 12:05 pm

Y I Man wrote:Get the round in Hobo, stop being stingy.

Hobo will probably get more rounds in than Mosley will.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 12:08 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Y I Man wrote:Get the round in Hobo, stop being stingy.

Hobo will probably get more rounds in than Mosley will.
Boom boom.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 12:11 pm

Eastenders is worse. It's on regularly.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 May 2011, 12:21 pm

okay the round is on me.

Barman, 1/2 lagers and lime all round.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 12:23 pm

Hobo wrote:okay the round is on me.

Barman, 1/2 lagers and lime all round.

And a Mannyhattan for D4.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 12:35 pm

Have you eaten a joke book for breakfast Windy?

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 12:45 pm

Y I Man wrote:Have you eaten a joke book for breakfast Windy?

Ha !

Only half of it, Y I. I got to the page which described Manny v Mosley as the biggest fight of the year and found that simply impossible to digest.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 12:46 pm

I just facepalmed myself lol

Windy, for that, its your round!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 12:48 pm

$20m vs $5m guarantees without PPV bonuses added makes it the biggest fight of the year so far in my book.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 12:55 pm

Scottrf wrote:$20m vs $5m guarantees without PPV bonuses added makes it the biggest fight of the year so far in my book.

Bloody spoilsport.

What's everybody having ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 07 May 2011, 1:10 pm

Windy would you be able to open the chat tonight for Prizefighter and Pacquiao vs Mosley if YI can't stay up.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 1:12 pm

Liam_Main4 wrote:Windy would you be able to open the chat tonight for Prizefighter and Pacquiao vs Mosley if YI can't stay up.

Under normal circumstances I'd be delighted to, Liam, but I'm afraid I'm not here tonight.

Sorry, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 07 May 2011, 1:14 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Liam_Main4 wrote:Windy would you be able to open the chat tonight for Prizefighter and Pacquiao vs Mosley if YI can't stay up.

Under normal circumstances I'd be delighted to, Liam, but I'm afraid I'm not here tonight.

Sorry, mate.

No worries mate.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 1:15 pm

Gatti documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRK6eyVxG0s&feature=player_embedded#at=24

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 1:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:$20m vs $5m guarantees without PPV bonuses added makes it the biggest fight of the year so far in my book.

That just makes it the most highly-paid fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 1:34 pm

Well, it's going to be watched by the most people too in all probability. It's probably the biggest in every sense of the word apart from significance.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 May 2011, 1:34 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

Sorry, mate.

Even though we are likely to not open the box up for the late night fight, there is nothing stopping you setting up a live chat thread on the boxing board - remember that there isnt a 3 minute rule, so you should still be able to post as much as you want, just a bit more clumsy!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next